1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I would like to have as many comments as possible on improving my composition, exposure, and post processing.

I have composed the picture this way because I want to picture a nice symmetry with calm waters. And trying my best not to be exactly the same as the photo night86mare has did. Thou I have to admit, this angle of photographing MBS is copied from him.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Trying to improve my photography skills in composition, exposure, and post processing.

The following is the camera settings used to photograph this picture.
30", F8, ISO100 with Tian Ya ND6.

Initially I wanted to shoot this at F16, but my photix external timer broke (its only my 2nd time using it), and I still wanted the long exposure time, so opened up my aperture to F8 to try to capture this image, with the maximum time 30s allowed by my camera. Or should i just remove the ND filter?

I will like feedback on post processing techniques.
My first time using Photoshop. Can some sifu advise me on how to remove the flare from my lens on the right side of the photo? I'm totally clueless on photoshop . I just keep following what a magazine wrote, and corrected the lens distortion. How to get back the details of the "tip" of the MBS? Its overexposed at that section of the photo...

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Inspired by my idol night86mare

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.
Worried might by criticized as a copycat for not being original, cos only a bit different from my idol's original work. Hope he don't mind, cos this is my first dslr, and I'm trying to learn by seeing things thru his perspective (okay i'm trying to imitate as closely as possible). Hope in future, along my learning process, that one day I will get my own perspective of photography.

OMG... am i too long winded?