Thread: Raynox 250 or a Wideangle Macro converter for Insect photography

Default Raynox 250 or a Wideangle Macro converter for Insect photography

Dear forumers.

May i ask if the Raynox 250 or a Wideangle Macro converter (like Vitacon 0.5x Macro conversion) is better for insect photography?

May i hear your views as i had been offered to purchase either at almost the same price. need some thoughts about which is better though i am inclined to raynox.

Tks for viewing

Default Re: Raynox 250 or a Wideangle Macro converter for Insect photography

The Vitacons are worth about 20 dollars. They are cheap, pathetic lenses designed for handycams that shopkeepers use to con gullible people out of money.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by alvinchipz View Post
    Dear forumers.

May i ask if the Raynox 250 or a Wideangle Macro converter (like Vitacon 0.5x Macro conversion) is better for insect photography?

May i hear your views as i had been offered to purchase either at almost the same price. need some thoughts about which is better though i am inclined to raynox.

Tks for viewing
    There are other options such as extension tubes and reverse mounts, have you explore these options? the wide angle macro converter is crap, don't get it

combine the raynox dcr250 with a 50mm f1.8 as a cheap macro kit..

However, u will soon be on the way to the 100mm f2.8 macro lens if u are on canon system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The Vitacons are worth about 20 dollars. They are cheap, pathetic lenses designed for handycams that shopkeepers use to con gullible people out of money.
    Totally agreed. Personally, I wouldn't touch the vitacon even if it's cheaper. Suggest that you do a forum search for images taken by other members with the raynox and judge for yourself.

the raynox is good.

Get a raynox, no need to think . You can use it on a macro lens too in the future to get higher magnification. But raynox may give some vignettes on certain lenses.

use raynox on 50mm is ok . . . love it till now . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!