wah bro.. for 1.5 years at least u spent 15k already , ur earning level quite good so that's why ur lifesytle is high also...
that's just the gadget? how about other things hahahaha...
i think u have to do the following:
- try to spot some stuff on ur desk / ur home e.g. old play station / old computer etc... or maybe ur mountain bike
- try to sell those online... e.g. ebay / vr-zone / hardwarezone... if ur price is good, ppl will buy from u
After the above, u got ur self some amount of money already... so then u can buy ur lens lah hahaha
try to get a second hand set, at least ur saving $100-$200 already...
normally i do the following:
- SELL ALL THE THINGS THAT I DONT USE....
- never buy a brand new one! unless e new one is cheaper than the second hand
- try to source out second hand stuff... normally u lucky enough to pay 1 week old 70-200 for 10% less...
- try to buy things online / overseas... smtimes u can get a cheaper lens @ US or HK or maybe a good second hand @ japan, where u can do this while ur having a holiday.
that's all bro... keep the BBB momentum... i like it... but try to SSS first
haha, TS i think you need to seek psychiatric help!
for you case, you know how to stop the BBB virus?? walk into any shops, ask for a Canon 1DsIII with a EF 24-70L and a 200 f2L... pay for it in cash, sure stop your BBB virus..
but beware, might stop your heart from beating 1st... haha!
If you are just a Hobbyist, you must decide what type of photos you enjoy taking. I bought the 70-200 f2.8 IS, it is a very good lens but rarely used it. Think hard and good luck.
5D2 / 5D3 / 16-35 2.8L II USM / 24-70 2.8L / 100 2.8L IS Macro/ 70-200 2.8L IS
BB virus has no cure.
It is like diabetes with no cure, you have to take medicine now and then to keep yourself alive .
Best cure is stop browsing the net, stop reading photography magazines, stop visiting camera stores, stop comparing your own equipment with others', and just keep using the equipment you already have as much as you can to appreciate photography is in the technique, more than equipment
Canon 500D Kit I / Canon 50mm f1.4 / Canon EF70-200mm F4L IS / Canon EFS 10-22mm
it's so simple answer le, when u've own every single photography equipment(body, lens, etc2) from every single brand, till then u'll be under the effect BBB virus
i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS
I stopped thinking about buying lenses when I realised it does not make me a better photographer.
how to cure BBB virus?
1. stop reading technical comparisons between lenses and start reading about shooting techniques... then go out and shoot some photos.
2. stop thinking about what your current lens can't shoot. instead, start finding out what's possible out there with your current lens setup (Google for it... you might be amazed at the photos out there on the web that have been taken with the lens(es) that you already have). Check out http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/C...sFinished.aspx -- two of the first prize pictures come from Canon 400D, Nikon D70 (http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/E...Results&Rows=4 and http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/E...Results&Rows=4)... and i'm sure there's more first prize pictures that don't come from the most expensive camera body + lens setups.
BUY ME NOW!
I KNOW THAT YOU WANT ME
I'M SOOOO IRRESISTIBLE
LET'S MAKE WONDERFUL PICTURES TOGETHER
JUST YOU AND ME
OOOHHHH, I CAN'T WAIT TO FEEL YOUR STRONG HANDS AROUND ME
I'M NOT SO EXPENSIVE YOU KNOW
I'M JUST RIGHT FOR YOU!
BUY ME! DON'T WAIT!
BUY ME NOW!
I WANT TO BE YOURS SO MUCH I THINK I MIGHT EXPLODE
I BELONG TO YOU
BUY ME TODAY!
Put a Canon to your head and shoot.
I guess I've been on a spending spree of my own but that's because I haven't bought anything significant for 2 years and I limit myself to major upgrades on a 3-5 year basis.
My secret is "window shopping", and I do a lot of it on the net. I decide what I think I need and browse reviews and prices constantly until something better comes a long and I browse some more :-) You don't know how many times I wanted to upgrade my D50, there was the D100, D300, D90 and even the D700. But none had the innovative feature that I was longing for which was video and it had been 6 years since I got the D50. So patience is absolutely key. I bought my last car 7 years ago and am looking for a replacement maybe next year, maybe! I love my current car but the next one that I'm thinking of is the type of car that only comes every 10 years.
For me, buying and replacing items regularly is a real waste of money and a sign that one may indeed have a buying impulsive disorder (ie. Think shoes for women), people who have that cannot stop even if they buy the most expensive gear to put a hurt on their bank accounts, they can still punish themselves financially by borrowing money.
If you cannot beat them (Virus), join them!
Aiyah, spend within your means (know what you are willing spend on, and what you'll skimp on). If it's a hobby, it is supposed to be fun and de-stressing (for me at least). So if it is stressing you out, you are probably spending a bit too much. Else, what's stopping you?
Last edited by xhui; 11th December 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Licence to shoot.
Want to cure the BBB virus, burn your Canon "EF Lens Work III" that you got when you purchase the camera body and drink the ashes...
Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8
Hahaha...till date I have also spend more the $30K on equipment.....well, I also make sure my equipment pays for themselves.
So whatever money that I earn from doing small photography jobs, I don't feel guilty spending that amount on my equipment. Then with those equipment, I use it to earn more pocket money for my next purchase and etc....in no time, you will have a nice collection of equipment. and for now, I don't feel any urge to buy anything....cos there are no "better" equipment to get. That may be the cure.....