Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panoramic stitching and HDR

Default Re: Panoramic stitching and HDR

Quote Originally Posted by dannyfoxy View Post
    picture speak thousand words.. show me
    Just replied your PM. No need for the tough talk dude.

[Edit]
    Here is a photo off flickr. CLICK HERE

From the description it is clear that it is made from 3 handheld exposures and then HDRed.

No motion blur???
    Last edited by candycaine; 7th December 2010 at 05:18 PM.
    Olympian

Quote Originally Posted by candycaine View Post
    Just replied your PM. No need for the tough talk dude.

[Edit]
    Here is a photo off flickr. CLICK HERE

From the description it is clear that it is made from 3 handheld exposures and then HDRed.

No motion blur???
    this is example of single shot HDR, not multiple exposure shot HDR to create motion blur.
    flickr
    ... I'm not a photographer yet.....

this is example of single shot HDR, not multiple exposure shot HDR to create motion blur.
    "Canon EOS 450D | Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 DC EX HSM @ 17 mm | f7.1, 1/250s, ISO 100

Picture from 3 handheld exposures : -2..0..+2."
    Olympian

"Canon EOS 450D | Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 DC EX HSM @ 17 mm | f7.1, 1/250s, ISO 100

Picture from 3 handheld exposures : -2..0..+2."
    Yes.. 3 exposures in single shot..

Processing:

Lightroom for catalog > Photoshop to generate HDR file > Tonemapped at Photomatix 4.0 Beta > Curves + Topaz Adjust and Details + Blur effects + Sharpening at Photoshop CS5.

see the process.. photoshop to generate HDR file. then use photomatix for HDR process...

P/S: all the example you shown me are.. in each of your single shot you already have motion blur. Even't without HDR you will still have the motion blur, when you blend few shot with motion blur effect to a single HDR, you get ghost + motion blur..

The HDR process does not create motion blur, it only create ghost.
    Last edited by dannyfoxy; 7th December 2010 at 05:31 PM.
    flickr

Yes.. 3 exposures in single shot..
    I believe when he says 3 handheld exposures, he means 3 SEPERATE handheld exposures, and NOT a pseudo HDR.

obviously you have not tried to do this.. no motion blur.. when u do HDR on moving object you got ghost effect.
    i think you are wrong.. i not saying u can't get motion blur with HDR. I am saying when you take multiple shots to make HDR, you will get ghost, you will not get motion blur..

bro i think you are lost in words.. read too much of books..

do you know you can only use tripod to take multiple shots HDR??

Let me summarise:
    1. You tell me you will get no motion blur when doing multiple exposure HDR. You only get ghosting.
    2. I send you a link to a photo with a multiple exposure HDR and motion blur, but you reply by saying I am lost in words and read too much books.
    3. You tell me I can ONLY use a tripod to take multiple shots HDR.

I have given you a link with a HDR made from 3 seperate exposures but you rubbish that. What more can I do? You are obviously not here to learn. I can't do anything about that.

That does not give you the right to insult me. Lost in words and read too much books? Yup. If it snowballs, I will let the mods handle your insolence.

Lastly, you don't need to use a tripod to take multiple shots HDR. I don't know which person taught you that, but that is highly rigid and ridiculous. You can do a multiple exposure HDR handheld.
    Olympian

I believe when he says 3 handheld exposures, he means 3 SEPERATE handheld exposures, and NOT a pseudo HDR.

Let me summarise:
    1. You tell me you will get no motion blur when doing multiple exposure HDR. You only get ghosting.
    2. I send you a link to a photo with a multiple exposure HDR and motion blur, but you reply by saying I am lost in words and read too much books.
    3. You tell me I can ONLY use a tripod to take multiple shots HDR.

I have given you a link with a HDR made from 3 seperate exposures but you rubbish that. What more can I do? You are obviously not here to learn. I can't do anything about that.

That does not give you the right to insult me. Lost in words and read too much books? Yup. If it snowballs, I will let the mods handle your insolence.

Lastly, you don't need to use a tripod to take multiple shots HDR. I don't know which person taught you that, but that is highly rigid and ridiculous. You can do a multiple exposure HDR handheld.
    i'm not here to argue.. show me your work.. so I can learn from you.
    flickr

The HDR process does not create motion blur, it only create ghost.
    I thought that was common sense?

This was my initial post that seemed to trigger your childish rage:

"but it doesn't mean HDR cannot be done when you have moving objects in the frame.. you might have to do with some motion blur though."

I never said there is no ghosting. Moving objects give rise to motion blur. By saying that the motion blur exists before the HDR was done, you are agreeing to my statement that you have to accept the presence of motion blur. No?
    Olympian

I thought that was common sense?

This was my initial post that seemed to trigger your childish rage:

"but it doesn't mean HDR cannot be done when you have moving objects in the frame.. you might have to do with some motion blur though."

I never said there is no ghosting. Moving objects give rise to motion blur. By saying that the motion blur exists before the HDR was done, you are agreeing to my statement that you have to accept the presence of motion blur. No?
    sorry bro, my english not as good, but I learn from picture, can you actually show me your work? I believe I've PM you my work. And you already seen it. This is how we learn but sharing work and comments, not by using words.
    flickr

Cool down, 师父们。Every point noted from every 师父 and I'm extremely happy to learn so much from everyone here. Just cool down... thanks hor!

Quote Originally Posted by NoiNoi View Post
    Cool down, 师父们。Every point noted from every 师父 and I'm extremely happy to learn so much from everyone here. Just cool down... thanks hor!
    Hi Roy, so sorry..
    flickr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    I did get something interesting when I stitch this photo. Please pardon the poor iq, tilting and the distortion. Spot how many deja vu here??
    3 shots pano?

From my PM sent to dannyfoxy regarding this thread:

Dannyfoxy,

Upon talking to other CS members, I realise this is a misunderstanding between the 2 of us. I am perhaps used to taking long exposures and blending with HDR hence I am used to experiencing motion blur and ghosting.

My interpretation of your reply was that you can ONLY have ghosting and NO MOTION BLUR. Maybe you do mean this, and maybe not. But I am clear in my own mind that you can have both motion blur and ghosting and I didn't understand what you were demanding for most of the day.

I was in a bad mood and perhaps misinterpreted too much, but I don't appreciate your childish arrogance either. Language barrier or not, you ought to be mature enough.

Have a nice day,
    AC

---

I must have been misleading to imply that HDR leads to motion blur. It does not. Perhaps it was a slip of the mind made worse by the language barrier that made me struggle to understand the replies, making my replies make less sense and my mood get worse.

If any clarifications are needed, feel free to PM me.
    Olympian

I thought about it and realised what I was trying to say in the first place.

The argument was not about whether multiple exposure HDR leads to motion blur. I am very clear that it does not. However, the argument was whether multiple exposure HDR of a moving object would lead to motion blur.

By virtue of the fact that the object is moving, each single exposure will have motion blur, unless the shutter speed is fast enough. This is what I was driving at. When merged, the motion blur will remain, as well as the presence of ghosting arising, which is why I questioned whether motion blur and ghosting are mutually exclusive. They are not.
    Olympian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123