Thread: Dont you think this year's x'mas lighting is superd!

Default Dont you think this year's x'mas lighting is superd!

NAH.. its the worst i have seen in my 34 yrs in singapore! Boring, centerpoint no lighting at all(used to be the highlight of xmas lightings) tanglin mall the same as every year.

Economy is supposed to be picking up, I guess not for retail..

Default Re: Dont you think this year's x'mas lighting is superd!

its SUPERB !!

as in Super Boring

When I saw the title I knew I must come in to say something!

But then came in and saw your post details, I went...

Ion Orchard tree looks good.

The last time got similar size lighted tree was very long ago in front of Scotts (now demolished). That was lighted blue. It was a time when things were booming before a big crash.

all looks the same, actually.

a lot of purple/blue lights and large trees.

i don't usually go town, so i don't usually care.

I expect to see some recommendation for good locations for Christmas lighting shooting.

Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

Superb as in super boring or super bokehlicious for shooting? ^^
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Talking about X'mas lighting in Orchard Rd, I think most of the businesses have been won over by those newer and bigger malls.

Those traditional malls like CentrePoint, Wisma Atria, etc, no longer have the winning edge. Their business have been very much affected since the opening of newer malls such as Ion Orchard, 313@Summerset, Orchard Central, etc. I was once at CentrePoint one of the Sundays, and found that throngs of people who used to flood the malls and escalators are no longer there. In fact, the entire mall's can be described as 'deserted'!

So I guess for CentrePoint in particular, if no business, how to come up with $$$ to decorate the building?

I have yet to take a walk down Orachard Rd to view this year's X'mas lightings though.
    Last edited by Virgo; 6th December 2010 at 10:35 AM.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

My friend told me a joke that a taxi driver told a tourist the light was not on (on the first few days the orchard road decor was up) because little india decoration lights are still on.
    Now they are all down, the new reason is that singapore want to safe electricity.

To me the only highlight this year is ferrero roche christmas tree at heeren.

this year is pretty boring. to me it's just recycling last year's decorations. no mascots, no large funny statues, no interesting artifacts.... even the ferrero roche tree? it's so out of place, standing in the middle of no where and doesn't gel with the surroundings.

IMO, the Tangs, Ion decor is the nicest.

well, personally, I quite like ion's lightings, the big xmas tree and the musical instruments around the walkway.. Heard that the deco at the restaurant pub on top of mt faber is quite nice.. but need to pay. hai.. havent been to vivo yet, most prob another big tree on the roof that is visible to those driving on the road.. any other place? wondering if sentosa is doing anything.