Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbies wonder wat is "stop", pls highlight...

Default Re: Newbies wonder wat is "stop", pls highlight...

Quote Originally Posted by sino238 View Post
    Okies! I will go back this weekend by using F16 or f11
    I wouldn't say f/22 will give you terrible results, but I do feel that using f/16 and below gives an improvement in sharpness.

I would encourage you to question whatever advice you get in future, and understand the reason why things are done a certain why... don't trust strange people who come up to you and offer advice!
    Exploring! :)

Yes! And noted senior. Ha. Really hope can meet u one day those clubsnap gatherings and outings! So I can seek more advise from u!

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I wouldn't say f/22 will give you terrible results, but I do feel that using f/16 and below gives an improvement in sharpness.

I would encourage you to question whatever advice you get in future, and understand the reason why things are done a certain why... don't trust strange people who come up to you and offer advice!

Yes! And noted senior. Ha. Really hope can meet u one day those clubsnap gatherings and outings! So I can seek more advise from u!
    hahaha me no senior la...

If you do happen to meet me at one of those outings, by all means pose me a question or 2 and I'll try my best to help. In the meantime happy shooting and learning. You can do it!
    Perhaps start a photo thread in the land/cityscapes section, and get more feedback on your shooting from there. Post only 1 or 2 photos at a time, so you get focused feedback.

Yes sir! I know tat the Sunrise gatherings and outings (4/12) got ur name in it. But too bad my hand and leg is too short to grab one of the reservation. Never mind I told myself I die die must join the next sunrise outing. So hope to see u one day! Ha. I did post 1 pic in the picture gallery, and I will remember their comment an correct my mistakes from those senior's advise! Many thanks to u all

If you do happen to meet me at one of those outings, by all means pose me a question or 2 and I'll try my best to help. In the meantime happy shooting and learning. You can do it!
    Perhaps start a photo thread in the land/cityscapes section, and get more feedback on your shooting from there. Post only 1 or 2 photos at a time, so you get focused feedback.

Blog Entries

Yes TS.. don't let ZCA's look fool you... he is more senior than most people think... LOL... He has all the answers you need. Go look for him...

Ok jokes aside, sign up for one our newbie shoots and learn. In the meantime, start reading and learning. Here are some very good links to landscape photography for you to learn... and before long you will start taking pictures like this:

Zero is a good guy with good knowledge in snap. Ha!

I want to sign up the sunrise gatherings and outings but there is none on 11 dec
    I like the picture, can share the setting? Many thanks!

[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries

Zero is a good guy with good knowledge in snap. Ha!

I want to sign up the sunrise gatherings and outings but there is none on 11 dec
    I like the picture, can share the setting? Many thanks!

First thing you need to learn is that there is never any fixed settings. But if you really want to know the settings you can just look at the exif of my pic.

And have you started reading the links I gave you?
    Last edited by daredevil123; 7th December 2010 at 11:08 AM.

Ya! I add as bookmark Liao. Go thru a bit when boss not around, ha! like wat u said no fixed for all setting. Exif? How to? Can teach?

I like the purple sky of ur! Always dream can have tat purple sky in my sunset pic! How u manage do tat? By GND filter?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    First thing you need to learn is that there is never any fixed settings. But if you really want to know the settings you can just look at the exif of my pic.

And have you started reading the links I gave you?

I think I detect someone looking for 'magic' settings or numbers. There is no fixed settings for every shot as the light is always changing. EXIF refers to the data with the picture, which are ISO, shutter speed, focal length, aperture, WB, etc.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Nono...Don misunderstand me. I know there is no fixed setting for all shot. Just like every day we tend to have different kind of weather...light...I just wish to find out more on the estimated setting and slowly increase or decrease on those setting

I know how to exif the photo Liao. I need to download the photo and use a software to read thru computer. Rite?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I think I detect someone looking for 'magic' settings or numbers. There is no fixed settings for every shot as the light is always changing. EXIF refers to the data with the picture, which are ISO, shutter speed, focal length, aperture, WB, etc.

Nono...Don misunderstand me. I know there is no fixed setting for all shot. Just like every day we tend to have different kind of weather...light...I just wish to find out more on the estimated setting and slowly increase or decrease on those setting

I know how to exif the photo Liao. I need to download the photo and use a software to read thru computer. Rite?
    I was just saying for the fun of it only lah. For estimated setting, I believe what you need to do, is to shoot more. I myself also still cannot really get the settings on first try or first 2. So I keep trying and adjusting.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Read up about small aperture diffraction.

At f/22, aperture is really really small, pretty much like pin-hole cam
    Curious why you think that f/22 is good for night scenes.
    Diffraction yes...
    I have came across somewhere where Bryan Peterson mentioned that he shoot at f22 for landscape.... can't remember why.... gotta search for it again.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Chew...

Someone tought me a technique. tat is snap the first picture with an auto mode. Than from there slowly increase and decrease the setting. Is it the rite way?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I was just saying for the fun of it only lah. For
    estimated setting, I believe what you need to do, is to shoot more. I myself also still cannot really get the settings on first try or first 2. So I keep trying and adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Diffraction yes...
    I have came across somewhere where Bryan Peterson mentioned that he shoot at f22 for landscape.... can't remember why.... gotta search for it again.
    Was it on film? I remember f/22 was quite regularly used by film landscape photogs... I guess the diffraction was less severe with the larger format.
    But more than that, I think we're being too paranoid about it

Chew...

Someone tought me a technique. tat is snap the first picture with an auto mode. Than from there slowly increase and decrease the setting. Is it the rite way?
    Hmmmm, if you totally don't know why, then at least the auto mode gives you a 'reference' point.
    But once you form your foundation of knowledge, you should not require the 'auto' mode on the camera It's good to have though...

maths fail har?

2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 18????? are you sure?????
    This is rather hilarous!
    D200

Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    This is rather hilarous!
    aiyoh... wait ppl paiseh again!

Hahaha...see...seem tat the whole world know the stupid mistake I made liao

aiyoh... wait ppl paiseh again!

Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    This is rather hilarous!
    people made mistake. We have already moved on from that.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Hahaha...see...seem tat the whole world know the stupid mistake I made liao
    it's ok la... at least you'll never make that mistake again

to err is human

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast