Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is yr area of specialization in the IT industry

Windows drivers, installation, application development. Used to do server side web development, pocket pc application development. Now most things are outsourced, so I just manage a small team. yawn... Getting very rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    interesting...

for me will be product testing
    What kind of product? Printers/PDA? What kind of skills required?

E-Commerce, Project Management

I need to get a few good programmers especially those experience on the .NET area.

Feel free to drop me a note.

Quote Originally Posted by edwgoh
    E-Commerce, Project Management

I need to get a few good programmers especially those experience on the .NET area.

Feel free to drop me a note.
    Is now the .net era? Those who know primitive java/c++ can still survive? Guess I need to go pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly
    Is now the .net era? Those who know primitive java/c++ can still survive? Guess I need to go pick up.
    programming getting wimpier by the day. soon we'll just get nanobots to do it for us.

IT hardware.

Java, primitive?

If you are to believe MS, then do consider Win32 dead, and that .NET is the alpha and the omega. But once you get past through the marketing hype, Win32 is but alive and kicking, and the status quo will remain the same for the next few years ( hey, lots of people/companies are still using MS/PC DOS! )

Both .NET and Java share a lot in common... and you don't really have to worry much about what lies ahead coz the runtime environments -- CLR for .NET; JVM for Java -- will shield you, and your applications, from a lot of troubles.

:Later,

Supply Chain management solutions, Systems Integration, Turnkey projects

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy
    Java, primitive?

If you are to believe MS, then do consider Win32 dead, and that .NET is the alpha and the omega. But once you get past through the marketing hype, Win32 is but alive and kicking, and the status quo will remain the same for the next few years ( hey, lots of people/companies are still using MS/PC DOS! )

Both .NET and Java share a lot in common... and you don't really have to worry much about what lies ahead coz the runtime environments -- CLR for .NET; JVM for Java -- will shield you, and your applications, from a lot of troubles.

:Later,
    As of present moment, win32 is still alive and kicking. .net is not on the approved engine list of many corporations who prefer leaner more robust solutions/drivers.

IE is to netscape as .net is to java as NT kernel is to Unix kernel as excel is to lotus123 as windows is to mac....

Anyone into stuff like computer animation, game development, computer vision, stuff like that?

Anyone into stuff like computer animation, game development, computer vision, stuff like that?
    Game development is(was) my dream job. To work for EA, blizzard... Not much of development here. I think EA is in Singapore but only marketing/sales ppl. Met this guy once from EA.

so many 'ren cai' in here... gosh...

i'm in hosting.

online and off line communication platforms: Web design, E LEarning, CD ROM, Rich Media etc ...

Deploying B2B Supply Chain Analytic EDI for BI purposes between my company and trade partners.

Fulltime External: Sales & tech-support on products, Firewall, Radius, RAS, Zero-config gateway, Cache/Proxy, Internet Content optimising server, FSO (FreeSpaceOptics)., (anyone looking for any datacom solutions ??)

Fulltime Internal: system/Network Administrator for web, dns, email, firewall, antivirus, Windows 2003 Servers, PC, priinter, new product evaluation/testing, etc.

Parttime: Fixing PC hardware/software. (Any kangtao??)
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    Game development is(was) my dream job. To work for EA, blizzard... Not much of development here. I think EA is in Singapore but only marketing/sales ppl. Met this guy once from EA.
    i thought one of the shrek's guy who is a singaporean will be coming back to singapore to setup his own company. Maybe you can give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    Yup you are right. Only sales and marketing here. I would love to work with EA. That would be the ultimate for me.

VC++ (Media Jukebox), COM, C++ ...

Java, jsp, beans....

ASP, MSsql

currently
    php, linux, mysql, cgi/perl....

owner of http://www.cybersist.com - currently loosing money on it

weak on Networking...

yeah.. any kang tao.. please contact me.. hehe

W2k, W2k3, Lotus Domino, Unix, Networking....

Project management, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM). BPR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast