Thread: Newbie Fungus Removal

Default Newbie Fungus Removal

hello, newbie here
    i have a dslr that just got mold on the mirror, quite minor stuff tho. i found some on the inside element of my lens too. both are quite minor, doesn't affect the picture, but damn irritating to me. anyone know of a shop that can help me remove the fungus?
    thanks,

Default Re: Newbie Fungus Removal

Canon service centre at harbourfront

Quote Originally Posted by willytanyx8 View Post
    hello, newbie here
    i have a dslr that just got mold on the mirror, quite minor stuff tho. i found some on the inside element of my lens too. both are quite minor, doesn't affect the picture, but damn irritating to me. anyone know of a shop that can help me remove the fungus?
    thanks,
    if it doesn't affect the picture, I would advice don't do anything about.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

it doesn't affect the picture, but if i leave it there won't the fungus keep accumulating? the fungus is living off something from the mirror, so if i leave it there, it'll soon eat up everything. just checking if this is true?

oh and canon service centre is only open on weekdays and i only can book out on weekends sian....

I would so something about it.
    You can try to wipe it with a cotton bud first since its the mirror?
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Cotton bud with some Isopropyl alcohol is fine, just be very gentle. Don't rub, just wipe. But if you get fungus there (provided it is such) then there's something not right with your camera storage. How do you keep your camera when not in use?
    EOS

in a dry box with a thristy hippo. but the thing is, i have brought it out for field camps (army) and i think that's where it developed. hope it doesn't spread to the sensor

packs some dry gel with your camera.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

in a dry box with a thristy hippo. but the thing is, i have brought it out for field camps (army) and i think that's where it developed. hope it doesn't spread to the sensor
    A simple plastic container of right size can help for this time. Put some small sachets of Silica gel or similar stuffs inside (saw some small sachets meant to be put between socks or into shoes). Keep it closed. Check regularly. Clean the fungus asap.
    EOS

Army can bring camera??!!
    Last edited by ant0800; 8th December 2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Canon EOS 60D | EFS 15-85 IS USM | EFS 18-55 IS | EFS 55-250 IS | EF 50F1.8II | Nissin Di622 Mark II

yes army can bring camera, as long as you have a letter of approval and you don;t take pictures of sensitive things. the camera is being cleaned at camera hospital at the moment, according to the guy, the fungus only stayed on the mirror so he's replacing that to kill off any more spreading of the fungus. should be good as new when it comes back!