Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Which lens?

  1. #1
    Member Roboflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    187

    Talking Which lens?

    Hi all.. I want to buy a lens to shoot landscape. Now, I only have one lens 18-55 lens.
    I am thinking to buy 55-250 or 18-200 canon..

    Please kindly give me some idea.

    Thank You..

  2. #2
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roboflame View Post
    Hi all.. I want to buy a lens to shoot landscape. Now, I only have one lens 18-55 lens.
    I am thinking to buy 55-250 or 18-200 canon..

    Please kindly give me some idea.

    Thank You..
    Your 18-55 is a good lens for landscape.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Agreed that your lens is good enough if you shooting landscape.
    Unless you want wider lens.
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Maybe you want to consider UWA lens for landscape. (e.g 10-22 lens)

  5. #5
    Member Roboflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Thank You buddies!

    Can you explain what is wider lens is for?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Which lens?

    18-55 is good enough

  7. #7
    Member willdoang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    east, near dakota MRT
    Posts
    1,554

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roboflame View Post
    Thank You buddies!

    Can you explain what is wider lens is for?
    means u can cover more frame standing on the same place
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

  8. #8

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roboflame View Post
    Thank You buddies!

    Can you explain what is wider lens is for?
    Hmm if you need to ask this, I suggest you read up and learn more before deciding to buy a new lens, in case you get yourself a white elephant.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roboflame View Post
    Hi all.. I want to buy a lens to shoot landscape. Now, I only have one lens 18-55 lens.
    I am thinking to buy 55-250 or 18-200 canon..
    U wan to take subject isolation or landscape? 55-250 for a little more zoom, 18-200 for the convenience. 18-55 is a great lens for landscape. And a tripod helps too!!

  10. #10
    Member Roboflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Okie.. I am reading lens book of canon.

    Thanks all of you.. yeah.. my 18-55 is really good for me..


  11. #11

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roboflame View Post
    Okie.. I am reading lens book of canon.

    Thanks all of you.. yeah.. my 18-55 is really good for me..

    not only that book, but read others book on diff aspect of photography... get a better understanding of things, and it will be easier for you....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  12. #12

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roboflame View Post
    Okie.. I am reading lens book of canon.

    Thanks all of you.. yeah.. my 18-55 is really good for me..

    That book is very bad...
    keeps infecting reader with BBB virus...

  13. #13
    Member Roboflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    not only that book, but read others book on diff aspect of photography... get a better understanding of things, and it will be easier for you....
    Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    That book is very bad...
    keeps infecting reader with BBB virus...
    Thank Akerue...Can you guide me other books? like...?

    Thank camInit..

  14. #14

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roboflame View Post
    Thank Akerue...Can you guide me other books? like...?

    Thank camInit..
    Actually there r some pretty gd websites too. juz wait for USM 2 drop by here n post all e links

  15. #15

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Well you can just google for the models you are interested. Websites like Dpreview, etc they do detailed tests on the lens. So they will tell you what's good and not good about the lenses. Unlike Canon's book(s), they will not critisise their own products right? So the book may give you a false impression through its marketing tactics.

  16. #16
    Member Roboflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    187

    Smile Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Well you can just google for the models you are interested. Websites like Dpreview, etc they do detailed tests on the lens. So they will tell you what's good and not good about the lenses. Unlike Canon's book(s), they will not critisise their own products right? So the book may give you a false impression through its marketing tactics.
    Yeah.. You're right. I forgot about that..

    may be I will stick with my 18-55 Thank You so much .

  17. #17

    Default Re: Which lens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roboflame View Post
    Hi all.. I want to buy a lens to shoot landscape. Now, I only have one lens 18-55 lens.
    I am thinking to buy 55-250 or 18-200 canon..

    Please kindly give me some idea.

    Thank You..
    this will depend on your style and composition that whether you need a telephoto zoom for landscape. With a longer zoom, you can do "compression" of the image to bring about a certain effect you preferred in the photo.

    This link will explain better.
    why-you-need-a-telephoto-zoom-lens-for-landscape-photography
    http://www.digital-photography-schoo...-focal-lengths

    getting either the 18-200 and 55-250 looks fine to me. For me, I probably choose the 18-200 becos that is simply being a lazy bum.

    check this out for "landscape" lens.
    http://www.camera.co.uk/top-dslr-len...e-photography/
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •