Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

  1. #1

    Question sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    I was at funan today and saw the 2 monopods by sirui. P-306 (aluminium) only $59! and P-326 (carbon fibre) only $99! very tempted to buy, the difference i found are as follows:
    P306 500g, P326 400g
    P306 no spike at base of leg
    price difference.

    Any one used either before? care to share your thoughts on these 2 monopods. I cannot find much review(if any) by third parties (consumers like us). Dont wanna buy impulsively because it is cheap (cheaper than benro and manfrotto and of course giltzo)

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    Sirui is pretty good. I would go for carbon fibre coz it is lighter especially if you need to travel with it.

  3. #3

    Default Re: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    I'd suggest carbon fibre if you have the $$ for it.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  4. #4

    Default Re: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    recently bought the P-306, decided on the 306 as I think the 100g different is nothing really much

    used it once at Bornfire recently and find it pretty good and sturdy. good height, easy and quick to extend and retract. only con is the locking mechanism is not say very smooth, the legs wounldnt just slide out once u loosen the lock but u need to give it a little pull then it will slide out by itself.
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

  5. #5

    Default Re: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    Quote Originally Posted by nixontkl View Post
    recently bought the P-306, decided on the 306 as I think the 100g different is nothing really much

    used it once at Bornfire recently and find it pretty good and sturdy. good height, easy and quick to extend and retract. only con is the locking mechanism is not say very smooth, the legs wounldnt just slide out once u loosen the lock but u need to give it a little pull then it will slide out by itself.
    yes, I thought 100g wouldnt matter much too. but it really does feel much heavier than the 326. the twist and and lock mechanism really isnt that good in my opinion, not as good as the "switch lock" kind. When i tried to add some pressure on the extended monopod to simulate a large camera and lens weight, one of the sections started sliding down, most prob because i didnt twist it tight enough. my bad. but the locking is never as obvious as the more traditional clip lock..

  6. #6

    Default Re: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    yes, I thought 100g wouldnt matter much too. but it really does feel much heavier than the 326. the twist and and lock mechanism really isnt that good in my opinion, not as good as the "switch lock" kind. When i tried to add some pressure on the extended monopod to simulate a large camera and lens weight, one of the sections started sliding down, most prob because i didnt twist it tight enough. my bad. but the locking is never as obvious as the more traditional clip lock..
    for me 100g is really not very much, thou can feel the diff when holding the 306 and 326 together, but then again my gears are abt 8kg so really dont feel it.

    u just need to get used to twist lock system. my tripod is the same twist lock system and it never fail me. a quick flick of the wrist and fully tightening the lock is possible once u know the system well.
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

  7. #7

    Default Re: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    may i know what head to be use for the sirui monopod? thanks

  8. #8

    Default Re: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    may i know what head to be use for the sirui monopod? thanks
    Up to your preference, you can use a ball head, a tilt head or just attach the camera on the monopod itself. I am using a manfrotto 234RC tilt head

  9. #9

    Default Re: sirui monopod p-306 and p-326

    check the price at tk, increased to 69 and 109. $10 more now...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario
    check the price at tk, increased to 69 and 109. $10 more now...
    Yup, price went up around a month ago

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •