Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrible this shop !

Default Re: Horrible this shop !

Quote Originally Posted by candycaine View Post
    "Shame on the people at AP", "Is this how you conduct your business"

I don't think this helps to "warn" others as much as it is just ranting. Also, TS has not named the camera shop. How does that warn anybody?
    Well you mentioned AP, that's the accepted acronym for Alan Photo in this forum is it not? I do understand what you mean though, he should have spelt it out fully.

I do not support AP.

But TS, you have no right to lambast people's business tactics. If the price does not meet your expectations then walk away. You don't have to kick up a fuss. If you have done your homework and think the price is too high, then walk away.
    I don't think TS lambast AP just that he mention his bad experience dealing with the sales of AP in an untactful way, i bet if he rephrase it no one would mind of TS sharing his experience.

yes if the price is higher than market and u know it ofcourse u can walk away but for the newbies or people who doesn't lurk at CS often or just started photoghraphy and don't know jack on the market it doesn't serve a justification for them, this is a forum any useful info or heads up is woth to share IMO

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Why not? This is a forum and the TS can voice out his experience. In a way this will help warn others about their ridiculous pricing. I find no problems with that
    i agree with u, this is why forum is born right if not then everyone can MYOB and don't need to socialize
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Well you mentioned AP, that's the accepted acronym for Alan Photo in this forum is it not? I do understand what you mean though, he should have spelt it out fully.
    Sorry if I seem harsh.

I just get the feeling that by not naming the shop, TS just wants to rant under the guise of "educating newbies" and is trying to cover his arse by not naming the shop. In essence, you'll see a lot of "AP sucks"/"No what.. AP gave me a great deal" replies and I don't see how that educates newbies at all.

Quote Originally Posted by willdoang View Post
    I don't think TS lambast AP just that he mention his bad experience dealing with the sales of AP in an untactful way, i bet if he rephrase it no one would mind of TS sharing his experience.
    Sorry, how is mentioning his bad experience in an untactful way and lambasting different?
    Olympian

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Maybe the other customer carry a Leica camera
    Haha you know and I know with his shiny M9 hanging there

Sorry, how is mentioning his bad experience in an untactful way and lambasting different?
    haha ok la maybe my intepretation of lambasting and untactful is different with yours, let's not go there , yes TS didn't mention any detail on the sales that's selling him the stuff but this also means even though some of us got a good experience with it doesn't mean that other's can casually walk in that shop and buy without checking the market or other shops coz not all people like to go and check price around, they prefer to settle at one shop that is highly recommended to them, sure u can say it's their own god damn fault of being lazy but if u're in the shoe of the person that purchase the bad deal how would u feel, just my opinion
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

service too erratic...
    d850 | a7r3 | I1P | P4P | Videos | Photos | Aerials

gou gai bu liao chi shi

Quote Originally Posted by noobiedoo View Post
    Was walking around today and happened to pop by Funan Center . Been wanting to get one of those Lambency diffusers and popped by a couple of shops but they did not stock them . Finally went to AXXX PXXXX and was served by a very disinterested salesperson , he took out one and I was almost floored when he quoted me $70SGD for a third party one !!! Promptly said no thank you and went over to Excelsior and got the exact same one at SG Camera Store for only $19 bucks !!!

Shame on the people at AP ! Is this how you conduct your business ? For sure , this is one place that I will never go back to !

Anyone have a similar experience ?

lol? $70 can get me a gray fong diffuser already
    You’ve got to push yourself harder.

Ok , to clear things up , yes the shop was Alan Photo .

For those who say that i should not complain about business tactics , well I'm just not happy about the indifferent attitude and the fact that he tried to overcharge me . If you can overcharge one customer then you can always overcharge another .

Not everyone is familiar with prices , I dont mind paying a little more for good service , but to pay 3 times more for poor service ?

If getting a good price means hving to suck up to the shops boss then I'd rather bring my business elsewhere .

I normally shop at TK but unfortunately they did not have stock , the few other shops that I have been to have also never over quoted me by such a large amount .

Candycaine , you are right in saying that we all should do our research but this being a forum , I guess I also have my right to voice out what has happened so that others do not fall into the same trap .

Quote Originally Posted by hkingx View Post
    lol? $70 can get me a gray fong diffuser already
    He told me the original would cost at least $120 .

Quote Originally Posted by willdoang View Post
    yes TS didn't mention any detail on the sales that's selling him the stuff but this also means even though some of us got a good experience with it doesn't mean that other's can casually walk in that shop and buy without checking the market or other shops coz not all people like to go and check price around, they prefer to settle at one shop that is highly recommended to them, sure u can say it's their own god damn fault of being lazy but if u're in the shoe of the person that purchase the bad deal how would u feel, just my opinion
    Uh I do not really understand what you're trying to say.

I would not be in the shoes of the person who got chopped simply because I do my homework. Period. Sure, I may not get the lowest price, but I know I get a fair price when I make my purchases, and I can live with that.

My bottom line is that the shop can charge whatever price they want. If you're not happy with it, then don't buy. Isn't it common sense? TS heard the price and walked away. It's not like he got chopped. Since he knows the prices then he is free to walk away which he did. Fullstop. Is there a need to rant? No. In fact, TS should be happy that he did his homework and did not waste precious money.
    Olympian

Ok , to clear things up , yes the shop was Alan Photo .

For those who say that i should not complain about business tactics , well I'm just not happy about the indifferent attitude and the fact that he tried to overcharge me . If you can overcharge one customer then you can always overcharge another .

Not everyone is familiar with prices , I dont mind paying a little more for good service , but to pay 3 times more for poor service ?

If getting a good price means hving to suck up to the shops boss then I'd rather bring my business elsewhere .

I normally shop at TK but unfortunately they did not have stock , the few other shops that I have been to have also never over quoted me by such a large amount .

Candycaine , you are right in saying that we all should do our research but this being a forum , I guess I also have my right to voice out what has happened so that others do not fall into the same trap .
    He told me the original would cost at least $120 .

You can voice out your opinion, sure. But I think it would be better if you did it in a less rant-ish manner. I don't think ranting helps to educate anyone. You can choose to ignore my opinion.

If getting a fair deal means having to suck up to the staff, or if the staff blatantly lie then walk away.
    Olympian

Mustache or no mustache , the prices should at least be reasonable ...
    I second that, AP customer service is just too bad ... but there is a lousier one as in at BA*LY PHOTO

I would suggest TS closes this thread.

The most recent post is proof. Such a topic will bring useless ranting/debate which does not educate anyone.
    Olympian

Ok , Thread Closed .

Thanks to everyone for their opinions , just hope everyone is more careful when buying gear . Not just from AP but from any shop , take your time and do your research .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12