Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22374245464748 LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

change topic.
    nowadays morning
    the sky like quite good hor...
    white cloud and blue sky with nice sun ray... where is good to take before going office at science park 2??

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    u are yr 2008 de...
    so u are lao jiao liao hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    So true... compare with us... we really small fry... And here I am, wanting to get D something something... really shame of me...
    Registered in 2008 before i enlisted i think. Back then a colleague wanted to show me photos, but i could not access. Didnt touch this account till from then till just before i bought my camera

You laffing off like dat the damage is already done... some more with greater effect... since you didn't bother to explain why you laff... That's why I call you Satayman... noticed that they don't talk much... just fan...
    I try to do small thing, achieve great effect/impact. I know if I say something, jia lat liao. Summore with how it is now, I dun really need to 'stir' anything.

10 mutton 10 chicken, then just a "uhmm" as confirmation right?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Okay lah... I'm going out liao... gonna shoot and practise... dun talk so much..
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

change topic.
    nowadays morning
    white cloud and blue sky with nice sun ray... where is good to take before going office at science park 2??
    Erm. Jurong Hill?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Registered in 2008 before i enlisted i think. Back then a colleague wanted to show me photos, but i could not access. Didnt touch this account till from then till just before i bought my camera
    Bro - you got foresight!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Erm. Jurong Hill?
    take the industrial area??/ jurong isle?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    Bro - you got foresight!!!!
    No la, but that was what sparked my interest in photography

take the industrial area??/ jurong isle?
    Can ah. Can take sillihoutte. (ps, I dunno how to spell. )

Woohoohoo... thread reaching 1000 soon... tonight? Tomorrow? ZCA be prepared okay?
    yes sir!

I wish there was an emoticon for saluting
    Exploring! :)

change topic.
    nowadays morning
    CAn try Kent Ridge Park... the one that turn off from Sth Buona Vista Road and goes straight up a steep hill. My 1.6L car can barely make it
    Should have good view from there

You laffing off like dat the damage is already done... some more with greater effect... since you didn't bother to explain why you laff... That's why I call you Satayman... noticed that they don't talk much... just fan...
    this is damn funny...

Nah lah... Exageration of course... but for action photography, pretty much so... Missed a couple of moments when the buffer is still trying to free itself...
    I just wonder aloud. For example, a D80 and a D300s with 3fps and 7fps respectively. I was getting about 30% success rate doing a car panning shot with a D80. Will I be getting a higher percentage rate of success or still just 30% of 2.3times more frames total? Can enlighten on this? Thanks.

PS. in case I got miss understood. I am not trying to challenge anything or anyone. Just throwing this question up to see how much better it is to have 2.3 times more fps and at least from my view point, whether it justify the bigger price tag.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Most of you probably think I'm going into F1 because of the bamboo... Frankly, it is the opposite... I've wanted to shoot F1 since the very first night race! I wasn't ready then - just got my D90 mid this year remember? Jumping in too early without any experience? Better late than NEVER! I've been drooling at the bamboo since I got my D90... skip all other zooms because... they can't get the job done....

Bro Akerue... have you heard about the LeMans races?... 24hour non-stoppers (REALLY sucky lightings)... I think D4 will do really well in that one...
    honestly u ever think u will get a chance to cover that...???? but if u reach that mark, hey im happy bro.... u hold ya own spending power, dont need to worry over which now, D4 and D3s the diff will be the megapixels and the video function dont think nikon wanna kill a newly launch product too... hoot the D3s and enjoy the wonders of FX....

dont get me wrong, im being realistic.... i know my own limit, and thus i reached my limit, i losing the vibe to take photos now.....thats is why im taking a break... a long long break....
    Last edited by akerue; 14th December 2010 at 07:00 PM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Most of you probably think I'm going into F1 because of the bamboo... Frankly, it is the opposite... I've wanted to shoot F1 since the very first night race! I wasn't ready then - just got my D90 mid this year remember? Jumping in too early without any experience? Better late than NEVER! I've been drooling at the bamboo since I got my D90... skip all other zooms because... they can't get the job done....

Bro Akerue... have you heard about the LeMans races?... 24hour non-stoppers (REALLY sucky lightings)... I think D4 will do really well in that one...
    cross fingers for the track in changi to be completed soon. You will get more races and photographic chances.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    I just wonder aloud. For example, a D80 and a D300s with 3fps and 7fps respectively. I was getting about 30% success rate doing a car panning shot with a D80. Will I be getting a higher percentage rate of success or still just 30% of 2.3times more frames total? Can enlighten on this? Thanks.

PS. in case I got miss understood. I am not trying to challenge anything or anyone. Just throwing this question up to see how much better it is to have 2.3 times more fps and at least from my view point, whether it justify the bigger price tag.
    I think your chance of success might be a bit higher, but how much higher is anyone's guess. In the end still boils down to "is the difference worth the extra $$?" For my usage the answer is a clear "no". But I don't think i'm representative of the entire camera-wielding population

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I think your chance of success might be a bit higher, but how much higher is anyone's guess. In the end still boils down to "is the difference worth the extra $$?" For my usage the answer is a clear "no". But I don't think i'm representative of the entire camera-wielding population
    ZCA & CT - my one-cent comment - my take is that it will depend on what you intent to shoot.. I cant comment on car/bikes as I dont do much of those type of shots.. (In general, "panning shots" dont improve with fps.. ) I do like to do a little sports (swimming + trackfield) and birding.. and for me a high fps is definitely useful.

I wont have this picture of the bird falling back to align with the drop of his food if the fps is low.

BUT you dont need expensive camera from N***n to do this.. any brand of camera with a higher fps will allow you to capture the moment (maybe a slightly better moment).. end of one-cent worth

[dont comment on picture composition - I just crop to show "the moment"..]
    Last edited by ClemC; 14th December 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    CAn try Kent Ridge Park... the one that turn off from Sth Buona Vista Road and goes straight up a steep hill. My 1.6L car can barely make it
    Should have good view from there
    ah... look like a gd spot. n near my office too,.

This one is for you ZCA... :

Jaguar again:

The above marred by the street lamp post (blurred towards the front)...

Good example of how high FPS helps... imaging 30% success rate of 3 FPS... and THAT particular winning shot spoiled by the lamp post... how? I agree with what Clement says... High FPS might give you a finer moment that you'd require... Remember why Tudong shoots machine gun for his portraits all the time? One smiling face between 3 to 4 frames of a second might be make or break a shot... ESPECIALLY if the person doesn't like to pose for you...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th December 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    honestly u ever think u will get a chance to cover that...???? but if u reach that mark, hey im happy bro.... u hold ya own spending power, dont need to worry over which now, D4 and D3s the diff will be the megapixels and the video function dont think nikon wanna kill a newly launch product too... hoot the D3s and enjoy the wonders of FX....

dont get me wrong, im being realistic.... i know my own limit, and thus i reached my limit, i losing the vibe to take photos now.....thats is why im taking a break... a long long break....
    I knew you're going to say exactly that... I didn't say I'm going to cover that, I can dream of it though... but wouldn't you say D4 will excel exactly in that scenario?

Another scenario would be under stormy weathers where the skies are dark yet during day time... non F1 races...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 14th December 2010 at 10:04 PM.