Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2035404344454647 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 959

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

  1. #881
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Haha, you've got me... Me completely dunno
    Cultural Medallion winners - Mr Yip, & Mr. Foo.. If I'm not wrong, Mr. Yip was the first Cultural Medallion winner for Photography.. There are alll first-generation LOCAL photographers.. all have over 50 years in the Industry.. Mr. Yip died a couple of years ago.. Mr. Tan & Mr. Foo are still very much into photography..

    BUT I guess with the NEW crop of talented and young photographers.. those old photographers may not be noted.. They are obviously not as well-known as the "International Photographers".

  2. #882
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Your Playstation is not well-equiped for 24 hour endurance race then...

    Gerhard Berger is also another F1 racer... :-) retired earlier than the 3 mentioned...
    Berger I believe was Ayrton Senna's teammate in the McLaren Honda team, during that fateful race when Senna hit the wall and later died.
    Exploring! :)

  3. #883
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by makolit View Post
    prost, mansel and andretti i know have done F1 at one point in their lives. not familiar with berger though.

    24 hour le mans killed my playstation!
    must introduce yourself first!
    We all know each other here in this thread
    Exploring! :)

  4. #884
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hehehe I know I know...
    coz I've actually met Mr Foo a couple of times. He was working with my dad as Ministry of Environment's photographer

    Yip Cheong Fun, I've heard this name mentioned by my grandfather. I think he was pretty well-known within Photographic Society of Singapore...

    am I right?
    All I dunno coz I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this... When I eat my Chee Cheong Fun next time, it will remind me of who is Yip Cheong Fun then... Sad to say, this is how one remember things sometimes...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  5. #885
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hehehe I know I know...
    coz I've actually met Mr Foo a couple of times. He was working with my dad as Ministry of Environment's photographer
    Yip Cheong Fun, I've heard this name mentioned by my grandfather. I think he was pretty well-known within Photographic Society of Singapore...
    am I right?

    If I didn't remember wrongly.. Mr Foo was quite an architectural photographer in those early days, yes.. ZCA - so who is your dad (another well-known photographer)?

  6. #886
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Okay, okay lets skip the seriousness in this topic...

    Rest assured, I can already go out and buy a D3S today... but I prefer not not, instead I rather save up for that (as a planned future) has I've done so for the bamboo...
    sorry to bring it up again.

    Ok it's good that you've actually got the money set aside for what will likely be a series of expensive acquisitions. Do try and explore the limits of your gear first.

    Like if I went out and bought myself the D700 + 16-35 VR and some Lee filters and stuff, I don't think I would end up taking better photos. That's why I activated the "parachute" and stopped myself
    For me, I see it only as a hobby and nothing more, therefore I am much more unwilling to invest too much.
    Exploring! :)

  7. #887
    Member makolit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    must introduce yourself first!
    We all know each other here in this thread
    i thought i did ... in the D90 user's thread.

    where do you guys usually meet ? living east @ tampines currently.
    is using a digital camera that works ...

  8. #888
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Berger I believe was Ayrton Senna's teammate in the McLaren Honda team, during that fateful race when Senna hit the wall and later died.
    Ayrton Senna died in a Williams car... FW16... Damon Hill was the wing man... not Berger...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  9. #889
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post

    If I didn't remember wrongly.. Mr Foo was quite an architectural photographer in those early days, yes.. ZCA - so who is your dad (another well-known photographer)?
    My dad was the one who told Mr Foo "ok... today you will need to take _____ photos of _____"

    No he's not a well-known photographer...
    Mr Foo was seconded to my dad's department in Min of Environment for about a year I think.
    Exploring! :)

  10. #890
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by makolit View Post
    i thought i did ... in the D90 user's thread.

    where do you guys usually meet ? living east @ tampines currently.
    oh ya... ok my bad .... apologies
    Exploring! :)

  11. #891
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by makolit View Post
    i thought i did ... in the D90 user's thread.

    where do you guys usually meet ? living east @ tampines currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    oh ya... ok my bad .... apologies
    You are Michael right?
    But you don't know me..ha..ha..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  12. #892
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    My dad was the one who told Mr Foo "ok... today you will need to take _____ photos of _____"

    No he's not a well-known photographer...
    Mr Foo was seconded to my dad's department in Min of Environment for about a year I think.
    .. I see, THE BOSS...

  13. #893
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    sorry to bring it up again.

    Ok it's good that you've actually got the money set aside for what will likely be a series of expensive acquisitions. Do try and explore the limits of your gear first.

    Like if I went out and bought myself the D700 + 16-35 VR and some Lee filters and stuff, I don't think I would end up taking better photos. That's why I activated the "parachute" and stopped myself
    For me, I see it only as a hobby and nothing more, therefore I am much more unwilling to invest too much.
    For F1 I can't wait... I've waited 2 good races already... Granted it will be around for a few more years, but lets not take things for granted... The govt may or may not renew the contract the next time round.

    Would you believe me if I tell you I've hit the limits of the D90 right from day one?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  14. #894
    Member makolit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    oh ya... ok my bad .... apologies
    not a problem. you guys are some of the "friendliest" folks here. the D90 thread helped me quite a bit already. just need to get involved in some shoots.



    cheers!
    is using a digital camera that works ...

  15. #895
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    .. I see, THE BOSS...
    hahaha no la... civil service got no 'boss' wan... serve the public mah, so the public are the 'bosses'
    Exploring! :)

  16. #896
    Member makolit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    You are Michael right?
    But you don't know me..ha..ha..
    i know you. the bag on your profile pic looks familiar so i've prolly seen you before.

    cheers!
    is using a digital camera that works ...

  17. #897
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Would you believe me if I tell you I've hit the limits of the D90 right from day one?
    Wah... really? I'm nowhere near the limits yet...
    Exploring! :)

  18. #898
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    THIS thread has become a little hostile liao

    wah... didn't expect such a strong statement...
    I feel that no point to create an enemy if it doesn't serve any purpose.
    Exploring! :)

  19. #899
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by makolit View Post
    i know you. the bag on your profile pic looks familiar so i've prolly seen you before.

    cheers!
    he's not using that bag liao!
    Exploring! :)

  20. #900
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Wah... really? I'm nowhere near the limits yet...
    Nah lah... Exageration of course... but for action photography, pretty much so... Missed a couple of moments when the buffer is still trying to free itself...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2035404344454647 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •