Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    For strobist... minimum 2... maximum 3 or 4.... *poisoned by the SB900 instruction manual...*
    but I'm not strobist hahahaha
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    but I'm not strobist hahahaha
    Neither am I... but sometimes I'm contemplating on that idea... coz I need it for the product shoot... Not yet, but when the time comes again, I've to think again... 2 plus 1 fill... Maybe I'm too greedy... should look at 700 or 600 instead... lolz

700 on body (as controller and direct).... 900 as main on the side.... 600 on opposite side... another 600 on top rear as fill...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 11th December 2010 at 11:58 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Neither am I... but sometimes I'm contemplating on that idea... coz I need it for the product shoot... Not yet, but when the time comes again, I've to think again... 2 plus 1 fill... Maybe I'm too greedy... should look at 700 or 600 instead... lolz

700 on body (as controller and direct).... 900 as main on the side.... 600 on opposite side... another 600 on top rear as fill...
    actually hor... If it's static shoots (ie. distance is quite fixed), you may wish to consider much cheaper alternatives.... eg. Yongnuo, etc. Once you figure out the power settings, just plug the values in and you're good to go...

If you had attended the studio session, you'd have seen that we went all manual, since studio strobes don't have TTL

hehehehe kriegs, don't heart pain... Clem/quiz, this is for you!
    POISON!!!!!... LOL.. price drop by $50..very tempted.. HOLD ME!!!... I SMS a few days back.. he said $2650 fixed

Clement... C'mon, you only need the bamboo to bring you up to the next level... What's there to admire? Me? A D3S leh... that's TWO Times...
    My "next step" in previous post is that I admire you for MOVING from PASSION to JOB/BUSINESS..

Equipment aids BUT it is still the man behind the camera.. and for me, it is a goal that is very hard to reach.. not like "11-years old little angel".. time running out for old man..

When my equipment recalled, I will start 3-steps/times behind..

Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    POISON!!!!!... LOL.. price drop by $50..very tempted.. HOLD ME!!!... I SMS a few days back.. he said $2650 fixed

My "next step" in previous post is that I admire you for MOVING from PASSION to JOB/BUSINESS..

Equipment aids BUT it is still the man behind the camera.. and for me, it is a goal that is very hard to reach.. not like "11-years old little angel".. time running out for old man..

I don't need to hold you (too tiring ), just hold your wallet can already

I don't need to hold you (too tiring ), just hold your wallet can already
    ZCA - you got me looking at BUY/SELL threads

Nikon AFD 105 F2 DC - you (or anyone else) have any comment on this lens?.. Read about the DC ring before.. worth waiting..?

ZCA - you got me looking at BUY/SELL threads

Nikon AFD 105 F2 DC - you (or anyone else) have any comment on this lens?.. Read about the DC ring before.. worth waiting..?
    The person you need to talk to is NNB (Brian) who has I believe the 135mm DC... It will give you the creamiest bokehs, but you have to work it... I think it's not straight out of the lens IIRC... You might loose a bit of sharpness to get the best bokeh, something like that... I'll Brian enlighten you on this, if he does see this post.

Yeah I know, there are peeps who believe turning your Passion into a Business / Job is a big no-no... I believe it will work for some, not for all... It depends on how driven are you in the passion and how driven are you in wanting to make it work for you... You'll sacrifice something in return no doubt. In the end, it is not easy as one thinks, but still doable.

I'm not young either bro... but I don't want to let that bother me... I want to do it while I still can hold up a sizeable setup... Give it 10 more years, I might have to give this thought up (but hopefully I'm still strong and able then)... That is why... MTL!! The more you think the more time goes by...

actually hor... If it's static shoots (ie. distance is quite fixed), you may wish to consider much cheaper alternatives.... eg. Yongnuo, etc. Once you figure out the power settings, just plug the values in and you're good to go...

If you had attended the studio session, you'd have seen that we went all manual, since studio strobes don't have TTL
    Thanks! Will look into those and read up more... I know you can go all manual - will see how lah... No rush anyway.

The person you need to talk to is NNB (Brian) who has I believe the 135mm DC... It will give you the creamiest bokehs, but you have to work it... I think it's not straight out of the lens IIRC... You might loose a bit of sharpness to get the best bokeh, something like that... I'll Brian enlighten you on this, if he does see this post.
    Kriegs - Thanks.. NNB, if you see the post.. great to have your comments.. is the asking price reasonable?

NNB used for MACRO?.. with extender?..

This should a good lens for Protrait ... Read about the DC.. setting same as aperature, then turn front/rear to get foreground/background .. definitely must have time to slowly prepare for shoot..

Anyone want to read up about DC.. This page quite good

Kriegs - Thanks.. NNB, if you see the post.. great to have your comments.. is the asking price reasonable?

NNB used for MACRO?.. with extender?..

This should a good lens for Protrait ... Read about the DC.. setting same as aperature, then turn front/rear to get foreground/background .. definitely must have time to slowly prepare for shoot..

Anyone want to read up about DC.. This page quite good
    No I think he used it strictly for portraits... for macro he has the 200mm f/4 gun bro... no need for 105/135 DC...

Wah... bamboo sold leh... who got it har??

Wah... bamboo sold leh... who got it har??
    not me

No I think he used it strictly for portraits... for macro he has the 200mm f/4 gun bro... no need for 105/135 DC...
    yes.. start with "V"..

yes.. start with "V"..
    Voigtlander is his other lens... 200mm is Nikkor

Voigtlander is his other lens... 200mm is Nikkor
    NNB is definitely very well equiped and prepared for any situation

If you want the DC to do macro I think not adviceable... the magnification ratio is 1:7+ leh... I don't consider shooting flowers as shooting macro unless you zoom in REALLY close...

For insects, the magnification ratio is at least 1:1... and then add extension tubes to bring it up to above 2:1. Imagine 1:7 how many extention tubes you need to add just to bring it up to 1:1!!!

For true Macro usage (bug's eyes, bug's promiscuous lifestyles, etc).. think no further than macro lenses lah...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 11th December 2010 at 02:42 PM.

If you want the DC to do macro I think not adviceable... the magnification ratio is 1:7+ leh... I don't consider shooting flowers as shooting macro unless you zoom in REALLY close...

For insects, the magnification ratio is at least 1:1... and then add extension tubes to bring it up to above 2:1. Imagine 1:7 how many extention tubes you need to add just to bring it up to 1:1!!!

For true Macro usage (bug's eyes, bug's promiscuous lifestyles, etc).. think no further than macro lenses lah...
    My mistake earlier.. I mistaken it as a macro lens.. LOL..

What I was looking for was something like 85mm, 135mm (anything in between) prime macro lens than I can use for protrait and macro.. but I think I cant expect one lens to do BOTH..

Today morning manage to capture this lovely moment from the mummy mantis laying eggs..

雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Today morning manage to capture this lovely moment from the mummy mantis laying eggs..

GORGEOUS moment... Did you adopt the kids?.. hehehee