Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XIII

Wah wah wah! Making the leap so soon?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Wah wah wah! Making the leap so soon?
    In the name of sport photography (high FPS, fast focusing, high ISO performance) and wanting to go into it seriously, I've succumbed to temptation (not yet)...

Now Akerue... please shut your trap about the 200-400... hush!... I dun wanna hear it!...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 10th December 2010 at 12:32 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Then, of course, Akerue did use it for some provocative shoots like this one:

(right click on it if it doesn't work)
    Nobody attempted to right-click on the above, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Wah you guys poisonous sia... lined up the bags at BK for me to see... Gotta wait another month
    ZCA - didn't you noticed the ONE that stand out from the row of TT SW.. hehhee.. guess you tooo poisoned to reconsider.. hehhee

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    got TT poison la, got FX poison la...
    ZCA - I thought I heard Akerue talk to you about some D4 thingy?

Expensive no doubt, and I surely haven't been prepared to go all the way out for FF...
    Kriegs - read above.. some D4 thingy?.. Akerue & me was asking about the D4 - got pop-up flash or NOT.. can pay $50 more for pop-up flash?

Now Akerue... please shut your trap about the 200-400... hush!... I dun wanna hear it!...
    NOT Akerue here.. but what is 200-400mm, Kriegs..BBB

Nobody attempted to right-click on the above, right?
    Yes.. I did, nice picture, good piece of art.. only those that think like Kriegs & Akerue can see picture
    Last edited by ClemC; 10th December 2010 at 01:48 PM.

In the name of sport photography (high FPS, fast focusing, high ISO performance) and wanting to go into it seriously, I've succumbed to temptation (not yet)...

now we all know your weakness....kekekeke....
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    now we all know your weakness....kekekeke....
    What weakness? That's Akerue's achilles heel... not mine, I just dun want him to talk me into it...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 10th December 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    ZCA - I thought I heard Akerue talk to you about some D4 thingy?

Kriegs - read above.. some D4 thingy?.. Akerue & me was asking about the D4 - got pop-up flash or NOT.. can pay $50 more for pop-up flash?
    Well, when D4 does come out then think about it...at most top up a few hundred... *gulp*...

Pop up flash... bro... the Canon peeps don't even comprain about their high end models, and we make so much noise... wait they provided already then you'll hear comments like "pop-flash so weak, might as well dun give"... Or "Aiyah, got SB700/900 lah... sure dun use pop up one..."

Well, when D4 does come out then think about it...at most top up a few hundred... *gulp*...

Pop up flash... bro... the Canon peeps don't even comprain about their high end models, and we make so much noise... wait they provided already then you'll hear comments like "pop-flash so weak, might as well dun give"... Or "Aiyah, got SB700/900 lah... sure dun use pop up one..."
    LOL .. me stuck with Nokin .. will have to take what they offer as "features"

ON a slightly more serious side:
    pop-up flash to give that little fill light when necessary la (I even have a simple diffuser all ready to be mounted on nikon bodies).. never too weak la..

I never like to use full-front flash anyway.. just me...

LOL .. me stuck with Nokin .. will have to take what they offer as "features"

ON a slightly more serious side:
    pop-up flash to give that little fill light when necessary la (I even have a simple diffuser all ready to be mounted on nikon bodies).. never too weak la..

I never like to use full-front flash anyway.. just me...
    I know, still full-front...which I don't like... hence...seldom use pop-up on my D90 also...

I know, still full-front...which I don't like... hence...seldom use pop-up on my D90 also...
    look like we have a few similarities..

look like we have a few similarities..
    Well... I'm no pro flash-user... just someone who prefers ambience or at least off body lighting...

Well... I'm no pro flash-user... just someone who prefers ambience or at least off body lighting...
    same same

for you Krieg, landscape photo captured using a 70-200. Enjoy and be inspired.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimpatterson/5248125006/

What weakness? That's Akerue's achilles heel... not mine, I just dun want him to talk me into it...
    you sure??.... I think Akerue's poison can be quite contagious....

you sure??.... I think Akerue's poison can be quite contagious....
    I didn't say Akerue's poison not contagious... But that one can be controlled... Look I'm not even craving for 300mm VRII even though I've used it...

As for the FX, I listen to reasoning... I believe bro DD and Akerue meant it well in a very serious tone. I've also done a bit of research into it to see if what they've said made sense, I do listen to what they have to say very carefully. It is not I have loads of $$$ (far from it) - but if I intend to do it, I'll better make sure it better be worth it and gets the job done... No half-measures.

Not that D90 or D700 can't be used to shoot sports or F1, but no point if you want to maximise everything out of your gear - which is the whole point.

70-200 + TC can be used for other casual shoots like landscape and birding, etc... that's the beauty of it, but that's only secondary to what I've intended it for... NO, NOT SHOOT XMMs...!

Ahaha, not emo okay... just wanna shoot my thoughts out openly... for the sake of discussion.

I didn't say Akerue's poison not contagious... But that one can be controlled... Look I'm not even craving for 300mm VRII even though I've used it...

As for the FX, I listen to reasoning... I believe bro DD and Akerue meant it well in a very serious tone. I've also done a bit of research into it to see if what they've said made sense, I do listen to what they have to say very carefully. It is not I have loads of $$$ (far from it) - but if I intend to do it, I'll better make sure it better be worth it and gets the job done... No half-measures.

Not that D90 or D700 can't be used to shoot sports or F1, but no point if you want to maximise everything out of your gear - which is the whole point.

70-200 + TC can be used for other casual shoots like landscape and birding, etc... that's the beauty of it, but that's only secondary to what I've intended it for... NO, NOT SHOOT XMMs...!

Ahaha, not emo okay... just wanna shoot my thoughts out openly... for the sake of discussion.
    hmmm... got serious now.
    The type of genre of photography you are interested in, doesn't come often. Probably once a year. Like the navy open house, F1, etc. Right now, you are better equipped for the next upcoming one.

hmmm... got serious now.
    The type of genre of photography you are interested in, doesn't come often. Probably once a year. Like the navy open house, F1, etc. Right now, you are better equipped for the next upcoming one.
    Like I've said bro, it takes time... F1 in Singapore is the first stepping stone... Nobody sits on home ground and expect to get famous just doing that...

During the Navy Open house I met up with a New Zealander friend who does Military shoots for a passion... he visits regional countries for such shoots. Writes up articles and sends to magazines...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 10th December 2010 at 04:08 PM.

Picture this... a nice red sunset coming down onto the CBD area... and a lone red F1 car coming head long into the camera... F1 photography isn't about F1 itself... It's about Cars, Drivers, Crews, Audience, billboards, and the most important... the PLACE itself...

This year's Sutton Brothers F1 photography session has brought much light into my VF...

Picture this... a nice red sunset coming down onto the CBD area... and a lone red F1 car coming head long into the camera... F1 photography isn't about F1 itself... It's about Cars, Drivers, Crews, Audience, billboards, and the most important... the PLACE itself...

This year's Sutton Brothers F1 photography session has brought much light into my VF...
    Wah. Kriegs, spoken like a professional!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Like I've said bro, it takes time... F1 in Singapore is the first stepping stone... Nobody sits on home ground and expect to get famous just doing that...

During the Navy Open house I met up with a New Zealander friend who does Military shoots for a passion... he visits regional countries for such shoots. Writes up articles and sends to magazines...
    your friend can make a living out of doing this?

Let's hope that motogp will get started in sg soonest.

I will go probe deeper for more information on racing fixtures in tuas.