Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: If Bill Gates is a photographer, not a progammer....

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default If Bill Gates is a photographer, not a progammer....

    Would he create the camera system as popular as the DOS system?

    Would he create MS Office that is compatible with the Nikon View?

    Would he create a camera with a build-in Internet Explorer so we can upload/download photos immediately?

    Would he.....

  2. #2

    Default

    I dunno what he will create but I'm sure we will experience BSOD while shooting continuously
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default

    Would the rest of us pick up programming instead of photography?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Would the rest of us pick up programming instead of photography?
    Fatal Error... Please reset your camera and try again...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    If that is the case we would...

    ...get firmware updates in service pack every few months. those hacked firmware will be deemed pirated and non upgradable...

    ...pasar malam will of course sell it to you for $8...

    ...the camera will get a virus whenever you plug it in...

    ...the camera's startup will be fast at first but as more junk gets updated it takes longer and longer to start...

    ...instead of "err 99" you will get an lcd of text asking if you would like to send this as a report to MS...

    ...every new model of camera will function just the same but will contain more eye candy and lots of extra "wow" functions...

    ...there will be an "entertainment" tab for the unambiguous solitaire game (which has survived since win 3.1 )...

    Actually, for canon EOS digital cameras, the OS is modelled after MS-DOS but developed by another company after Microsoft dropped DOS.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Would he create the camera system as popular as the DOS system?

    Would he create MS Office that is compatible with the Nikon View?

    Would he create a camera with a build-in Internet Explorer so we can upload/download photos immediately?

    Would he.....
    if he is not a progammer... will MS ever exisit then ???

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    If that is the case we would...

    ...get firmware updates in service pack every few months. those hacked firmware will be deemed pirated and non upgradable...

    ...pasar malam will of course sell it to you for $8...

    ...the camera will get a virus whenever you plug it in...

    ...the camera's startup will be fast at first but as more junk gets updated it takes longer and longer to start...

    ...instead of "err 99" you will get an lcd of text asking if you would like to send this as a report to MS...

    ...every new model of camera will function just the same but will contain more eye candy and lots of extra "wow" functions...

    ...there will be an "entertainment" tab for the unambiguous solitaire game (which has survived since win 3.1 )...

    Actually, for canon EOS digital cameras, the OS is modelled after MS-DOS but developed by another company after Microsoft dropped DOS.
    i think original firmwares will be expensive...thus piracy will be a good alternative again.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Actually, for canon EOS digital cameras, the OS is modelled after MS-DOS but developed by another company after Microsoft dropped DOS.
    well thank goodness that the lcd hasnt gone blue and hung on me yet!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Would he create the camera system as popular as the DOS system?

    Would he create MS Office that is compatible with the Nikon View?

    Would he create a camera with a build-in Internet Explorer so we can upload/download photos immediately?

    Would he.....
    1. The camera system he created would be based on own system, namely 15mm instead of 35mm and claims that the 15mm system is of better quality. Of course, the camera will hang every other few hours, then it will send whatever you take back to his office.

    2. MS Office will never be created.

    3. Not possible, Internet Explorer would never be built in the first place.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    1. The camera system he created would be based on own system, namely 15mm instead of 35mm and claims that the 15mm system is of better quality. Of course, the camera will hang every other few hours, then it will send whatever you take back to his office.

    2. MS Office will never be created.

    3. Not possible, Internet Explorer would never be built in the first place.
    Maybe we'll get Cameras selling for $10 too.... can do the exact same thing as the originals... LOL!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiOnElLiN
    well thank goodness that the lcd hasnt gone blue and hung on me yet!
    remember xbox dun have BSOD... instead GSOD... the Green Screen Of Death...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12

    Default

    zillion varieties of metering algorithm
    12 additional programmable buttons/icons
    zillions of additional functions
    requiring upgradeable 4gig memory for those functions
    attaching/tethered a 120gig HDD.
    licence fees in form of upgrade every other year perpetually.

  13. #13

    Default

    DOS was not created by Microsoft or Bill Gates. Same goes for PowerPoint, but Excel and Word are... think Mr Gates did not code any of new MS stuffs since BASIC.

  14. #14

    Default

    we'll need to upgrade the camera hardware every few months in order to keep up with the software and patches

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    we'll need to upgrade the camera hardware every few months in order to keep up with the software and patches
    Now, that would be the DREAM of all manufacturers!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quekky
    we'll need to upgrade the camera hardware every few months in order to keep up with the software and patches
    Honestly speaking, do you upgrade your cameras faster than you upgrade your Windows?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Honestly speaking, do you upgrade your cameras faster than you upgrade your Windows?
    i know ppl who upgrade their PC faster than the next version of windows come out

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    EULA will say "By Using this camera you agree that all rights to your photographs will belong to Microsoft..." , kidding of course...

  19. #19

    Default

    Buttons not detected, press any button to continue.

  20. #20

    Default

    CAL license will be based on number of images you expect to capture.

    Your camera will not start up without renewing the CAL.

    Your camera will hang every other time you use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •