Thread: Windows Mobile 7 phones ...

Default Windows Mobile 7 phones ...

Hi people, thinking of jumping onto the smartphone bandwagon after using a N73 for 4 years ...

I'm thinking of getting an Omnia 7 over the other offerings from HTC and LG, any feedback for me?

To our current WM7 users, how do you find it?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Windows Mobile 7 phones ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Hi people, thinking of jumping onto the smartphone bandwagon after using a N73 for 4 years ...

I'm thinking of getting an Omnia 7 over the other offerings from HTC and LG, any feedback for me?

To our current WM7 users, how do you find it?

Thanks in advance!
    I'd advise against getting Samsung. A HTC would be a much better bet imo, even though I've never used one. Bad experience with Samsung, and many people at xda developers share the same sentiment. Not too sure about LG, but HTC is the most reputable brand for smartphones, so I don't think you'll go wrong there. Might want to consider the HTC 7 Pro, that one has a physical keyboard which I think will work better than the on-screen keyboard. Typing is never really the same with a virtual keyboard since it does not provide tactile feedback.

PS I'm not a WM7 user, but so far from reviews, it seems to be pretty good. Just need to wait a while for them to fix some issues like copy/paste etc.

WP7=disappointing...

-No copy/paste
    -Can't use SD cards as external storage
    -Can only accept 2-3 types of cards
    -Can only buy apps from their marketplace; can't use user-downloaded apps
    -No big differences between all Windows 7 phones available (All electronic chips used are EXACTLY THE SAME, only diff. is cosmetic)

I would strongly recommend android-powered HTC Desire HD or Desire Z.

And I totally agree with brapodam, Samsung=disappointing... Samsuck abandons users after 3-4 months by ending official support & stop mass ordering the service parts... I used to have a Galaxy Spica, it suddenly spoilt for no reason, that time warranty still have but support ended. Then the service guy say that they have to purposely manufacture/order some chip to replace the motherboard, then the cost adds up to $234.97! I just walked out of the centre, and went on to buy a secondhand HD2, and loved it...

Quote Originally Posted by arikyeo View Post
    WP7=disappointing...

-No copy/paste
    -Can't use SD cards as external storage
    -Can only accept 2-3 types of cards
    -Can only buy apps from their marketplace; can't use user-downloaded apps
    -No big differences between all Windows 7 phones available (All electronic chips used are EXACTLY THE SAME, only diff. is cosmetic)

I would strongly recommend android-powered HTC Desire HD or Desire Z.

And I totally agree with brapodam, Samsung=disappointing... Samsuck abandons users after 3-4 months by ending official support & stop mass ordering the service parts... I used to have a Galaxy Spica, it suddenly spoilt for no reason, that time warranty still have but support ended. Then the service guy say that they have to purposely manufacture/order some chip to replace the motherboard, then the cost adds up to $234.97! I just walked out of the centre, and went on to buy a secondhand HD2, and loved it...
    My Samsung Spica is awesome now, running CyanogenMod, thanks to some developers. But if TS wants a WP7 phone, I'd recommend the HTC 7 Pro. If Android, then yeah HTC Desire Z. After trying out so many variants of on-screen keyboards (qwerty, compact qwerty, T9, swiping), still cannot even beat the hard T9 on my old SE W595 (had to switch to it after screwing up my Spica)

Thanks guys ... any more feedback?