Thread: Why such big Diff in Price?

Default Why such big Diff in Price?

Hi all,

Notice a huge diff of price from shops like e.g. artworkfoto, ddelectronics to Alan photo, SLRR?

Y is this so?

Default Re: Why such big Diff in Price?

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin8 View Post
    Hi all,

Notice a huge diff of price from shops like e.g. artworkfoto, ddelectronics to Alan photo, SLRR?

Y is this so?
    They are grey sets, meaning there is no local warranty.

Oh i see... Meaning the so-call "warranty" they provide are from themselves and not the manufacturer rite?

Oh i see... Meaning the so-call "warranty" they provide are from themselves and not the manufacturer rite?
    Yup thats right, their warranty is usually 1-1 exchange with the shops themselves, not servicing offered by the manufacturer.

there was once when I wanted to buy 50/1.4 Nelson quoted me a special price saying it was because the lens came with the shop own warranty. I purchased the normal agent warranty set at a cheaper price from cathay photo instead

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Yup thats right, their warranty is usually 1-1 exchange with the shops themselves, not servicing offered by the manufacturer.
    Tks for the info mate!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    there was once when I wanted to buy 50/1.4 Nelson quoted me a special price saying it was because the lens came with the shop own warranty. I purchased the normal agent warranty set at a cheaper price from cathay photo instead
    This shows how important one have to do their homework properly before making the purchase and not be taken in by the sales talk.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif