Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems in getting overseas package....

Exclamation Problems in getting overseas package....

Hi.... is anyone else having problem getting their mails, package, goods... etc, from overseas ??

Ordered some stuff from DX in HK recently.... nearing 30days and still no here. The tracking number they sent with the email, SingPost have no record.

Could it be extra checks due to the recent 'Printer Ink Bomb' thingy....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Default Re: Problems in getting overseas package....

tracking number is at hong kong mail side, only your seller can help you track, i think.

hk mail tends to be delayed, i once waited 40 days for an item, then the other item that came from hong kong arrived in 12 or so days..

Vpost was very fast for me a couple of weeks ago. Two packages took only a few days once I made payment.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    tracking number is at hong kong mail side, only your seller can help you track, i think.

hk mail tends to be delayed, i once waited 40 days for an item, then the other item that came from hong kong arrived in 12 or so days..

Thats the problem lor... I've ordered from them many times, never this late.

While the package (2 of them) isn't $$$. I do really need to get those parts to repair my PSP.

I ordered something from DX on 22 Oct and just received it yesterday (30 Nov).

When I sent a support mail to DX, they mentioned that its due to HK Post Office being overwhelmed and delayed in sending the package out to Singapore.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

same problem here, ordered a torchlight from DX, it's 40 days and still haven't arrive yet.
    Heard it's HK post office over loaded. Previous purchase took 30 days to arrive.

Hi guys, I order 3rd party items and such from HK from time to time. Ordered a lens mug from some HK eBay shop and it took abt a month. The seller told me because of HK post having problems, items mailed overseas will be delayed. I didn't question my seller when it haven't arrive for 3 weeks, I just kept waiting and kept faith. Well I have received my item and so hope that you guys will be patient and wait too. I'm sure it's on the way

Ah... Could be a Xmas Season kind of problem. Then no choice but wait lor.

Same problem here. Item was shipped and tracking no. issued on 4th nov. Last I checked, item is still with hong kong post

Just an update. Package arrived today

Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    Just an update. Package arrived today

Like dat die lor..... I need the parts to repair my PSP before my Taiwan trip.... and just found out 2 of my 18650 battery is not working.... and the 2 new battery I've ordered is still 'out there'.....

Hopefully your package arrive soon. I waited close to 30 days too.

oops seeing this thread now I recalled I also ordered from DX on 30 Oct, shipped on 2 Nov but today 3 Dec still not received, I already forgot my order until I see this thread. DX is so slow.

Diver, sometimes ... in somewhat totally ad-hoc and / or 'unknown' circumstances, shipping from China or HK gets unusually delayed for no reason whatsoever.

If your seller/supplier has a stellar reputation, I would just give this a 'longer-than-usual' time frame ... unless reporting it within a certain time period is mandatory.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    oops seeing this thread now I recalled I also ordered from DX on 30 Oct, shipped on 2 Nov but today 3 Dec still not received, I already forgot my order until I see this thread. DX is so slow.

No lah... Normally DX is quite good. I usually get my torchlight and stuff within 2 week... Could be the usual Xmas Mail/Package Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Diver, sometimes ... in somewhat totally ad-hoc and / or 'unknown' circumstances, shipping from China or HK gets unusually delayed for no reason whatsoever.

If your seller/supplier has a stellar reputation, I would just give this a 'longer-than-usual' time frame ... unless reporting it within a certain time period is mandatory.

All the best.

Thxs... I hope it will be here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Ah... Could be a Xmas Season kind of problem. Then no choice but wait lor.
    yes, year end usually slower plus the extra security check.

my orders from DX in OCT and NOV all like took 30days to arrive also. HK post is poor cant handle the holiday season in flux of postage
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

my order from HK took 1 week to arrive eh.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    my order from HK took 1 week to arrive eh.
    You're lucky I guess

We're experiencing the same problem here in Australia too.

I'm still waiting on an item from the US which is taking 3 weeks now, I don't think the seller used priority at all even though I paid extra for it. All my items from China took a while too, majority came exactly 22 days. This was all early-mid November so way before the Christmas rush.

Apparently they're running a security scan on all items coming in and out of the US, HK may be doing the same since they are also highly prolific importers/exporters of goods.

If your item is taking that long I'd suggest you contact your seller and get him to chase it up in HK. It could well be lost or even misdirected if Singpost doesn't have record of it yet.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast