Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems DSLR marketing has shifted.

Default Re: Seems DSLR marketing has shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by deathrequiem View Post
    heyyyyy canon kit lens is good ok. decently sharp, got IS, what more to expect? only problem i have with it is that its slow, but the kit lens really taught me alot, i wouldnt say i've used it to the max of my ability, but at least i can justify my upgrade because i know what i want.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iambasi...n/photostream/
    kit lens
    Nikon kit lens also good

So is the Pentax one, the Sony one, etc.

But as someone else said earlier, I don't like the fact that DSLR has become a sort of fashion accessory, really degrading. Yes, we shouldn't be bothered by them and should just continue shooting and upgrading our skills, but sometimes you can't help but feel a little angry (and amused actually) when people take out bigger cameras than you and don't shoot anything at all, or just point it aimlessly and spam on continuous high mode.
    Last edited by brapodam; 3rd December 2010 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arikyeo View Post
    Honestly I would give up IS for a big arpeture... just personal preference. That's why I got the 50mm f1.4 usm
    thats why i got the tamron 17-50 non vc too
    now the question is not about IS or no IS, is that the kit has decent IQ for its price. you're comparing it against a prime of course it doesnt work that way. does the prime have the wide angle advantage over it? or zoom?

what im saying is, if you're talking about performance, the kit lens is already enough for most people. if you want something sharper, go ahead and get a prime. but honestly, even with the kit or a $3k L lens, its still the photographer that counts
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by deathrequiem View Post
    thats why i got the tamron 17-50 non vc too
    now the question is not about IS or no IS, is that the kit has decent IQ for its price. you're comparing it against a prime of course it doesnt work that way. does the prime have the wide angle advantage over it? or zoom?

what im saying is, if you're talking about performance, the kit lens is already enough for most people. if you want something sharper, go ahead and get a prime. but honestly, even with the kit or a $3k L lens, its still the photographer that counts
    ...Totally agree that its the photographer that counts

However even the best photographer can't stop the flare & CA without PP when he's using a crappy lens like the previous gen canon kit I lenses...

Can't blame me... forgot to bring my tripod that day so I couldn't hold my camera properly.

so someone with a tripod and kit lens and cheap cheap equipment can do better than you that day?

like that what is your expensive L equipment for?

in the end, people only look at pictures. i think, if you produce a bad shot and then you label it as shot by L lens, people will just laugh at you behind your back.

...Totally agree that its the photographer that counts

However even the best photographer can't stop the flare & CA without PP when he's using a crappy lens like the previous gen canon kit I lenses...
    don't want flare.. don't shoot against concentrated light source, use lens hood, shade your lens.

don't want CA, don't shoot in high contrast backlit situations.

CA can be corrected by PP so easily, i don't see why you even want to kb about this.

best photographer can't stop, but best photographer should know that this equipment he is using has these limitations, and work around it.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post

But as someone else said earlier, I don't like the fact that DSLR has become a sort of fashion accessory, really degrading. Yes, we shouldn't be bothered by them and should just continue shooting and upgrading our skills, but sometimes you can't help but feel a little angry (and amused actually) when people take out bigger cameras than you and don't shoot anything at all, or just point it aimlessly and spam on continuous high mode.
    why do you feel angry?

i only find amused, this kind of thing want to feel angry for what?

My hands are usually strong, but the combination of flu+ headache + antibiotics made my hands slightly jellier that day...
    so do you have pictures where you have no flu, no headache, and no antibiotics? i am finding it hard to find any of your pictures in clubsnap to gauge the effect of flu, headache and antibiotics on photographers. i am interested in finding out this effect for personal interest

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    don't want flare.. don't shoot against concentrated light source, use lens hood, shade your lens.

CA can be corrected by PP so easily, i don't see why you even want to kb about this.

best photographer can't stop, but best photographer should know that this equipment he is using has these limitations, and work around it.
    good point but personally I find that I don't like PP, as PP will never be as good as the original image. I'd rather spend money on lenses than spending it on photoshop. In fact, I don't have photoshop at all!

Shot taken when i having high fever and serious cough, my lens also not L lens.

Oh wait, i got tripod.

So tripod win L lens?

good point but personally I find that I don't like PP, as PP will never be as good as the original image. I'd rather spend money on lenses than spending it on photoshop. In fact, I don't have photoshop at all!
    do you need me to direct you to free programs that can correct CA?

PP will never be as good as the original image? oh dear.......

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post

Oh wait, i got tripod.

So tripod win L lens?
    is the antibiotics la... the antibiotics is the deciding factor.

so do you have pictures where you have no flu, no headache, and no antibiotics? i am finding it hard to find any of your pictures in clubsnap to gauge the effect of flu, headache and antibiotics on photographers. i am interested in finding out this effect for personal interest

Oh wait, i got tripod.

So tripod win L lens?
    Yes, I have a set of pics that wasn't affected by sickness... All shots were taken with the EF 50mm f1.4 USM...

http://touch.facebook.com/?w2m#/phot...00000750349726
    Last edited by arikyeo; 3rd December 2010 at 10:08 AM.

Yes, I have a set of pics that wasn't affected by sickness... All shots were taken with the EF 50mm f1.4 USM...

http://facebook.com/photos.php?id=100000750349726
    Cannot see leh.......

Wait, EF 50mm f1.4 USM is not L lens.

Cannot see leh.......

Wait, EF 50mm f1.4 USM is not L lens.
    It isn't L lens, but I haven't got to touch my bazooka love yet...

Links working now :

Agreed. Though the big difference that sets us seasoned PGs to those "want face" prople is that we have different lenses from them. They have crappy kit lens, we have high quality ones (For canon users like me, its L lenses)... They treat the dslrs like PnS.
    i am a newbie photographer shooting for close to 4 years now... still using crappy kit lens, don't have any high quality ones.

can you please evalute the pictures from my PNS DSLR and crappy kit lens, seasoned photographer master of the orient?

It isn't L lens, but I haven't got to touch my bazooka love yet...

Links working now :

cannot see la... you don't know how to use facebook is it..

EXTREMELY AGREE WITH THAT! well said night86mare bro. and modern photography to me is not just about photo taking anymore, part of the creative process to express your ideas and how you want the photo to come out is PP.

arikyeo dont lie to yourself, almost all good pictures you see nowadays have some form of PP applied, albeit a minimal amount. even if you shoot in jpeg, that is letting the camera PP for you liao.
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

do you need me to direct you to free programs that can correct CA?

PP will never be as good as the original image? oh dear.......
    Forgot to addon: PP will never be as good as when you compose the shot well & eliminate as much CA & flare as possible.

Forgot to addon: PP will never be as good as when you compose the shot well & eliminate as much CA & flare as possible.
    which you can do by:

(1) shading your lens properly (for flare)

(2) not shooting high contrast backlit situations

for example, all your plane shots whether shot with L lens or consumer grade lens, will NOT have CA and/or flare.

or were you unaware of that?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast