Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems DSLR marketing has shifted.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Seems DSLR marketing has shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by arikyeo View Post
    What shutter speed did you use? You bumped up the brightness and contrast by how many fold?
    oh the irony...

iso 100, 1/200, f5.

i cant find my original raw data. but i dun see the reason whats wrong with bumping brightness and contrast anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post

i cant find my original raw data. but i dun see the reason whats wrong with bumping brightness and contrast anyways...
    someone is stuck in their own little world.......................................

this is boring me because it's just so easy, and the person is absolutely oblivious about how much self-pwn is going on. i'm out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you used your highest iso?

if you haven't, then why not?
    I used the maximum ISO I can without getting noisy pictures... Currently Any ISO above 400 on my DSLR will give me super noisy images. I'm using a 400D...

Settings for the rocket pics:

Shutter: 1/4000
    Aperture: f2.5 (This aperture gives me a good balance between sharpness and brightness)
    ISO: 400
    PP: None

Blog Entries

I used the maximum ISO I can without getting noisy pictures... Currently Any ISO above 400 on my DSLR will give me super noisy images. I'm using a 400D...

Aperture: f2.5 (This aperture gives me a good balance between sharpness and brightness)
    then pp it == if the photo is not WHAT U INTENDED. pls edit it till we see what u want us to see.

get the drift? i'm not asking u to cut an airplane and put in the photo. i'm asking u to use editing as a tool. u arent distorting reality. competitions allow editing on contrast and exposure. i dun see a reason why u wanna be so stubborn abt it.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 3rd December 2010 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I understand everyone has their means of capturing the shot. I'm just pointing out the fact that you can get better images if you PP. Judging by those photos you posted on FB, they can look much better with some basic contrast and exposure adjustments. You used manual and didn't nail the exposure right, so go PP them and get the right exposure? Not trying to accuse anyone or anything, but I tend to think that people who say they never ever want to PP their shots are either plain lazy, or can't be bothered whether their shots look the best that they can be.

Yes, I agree. There are many reviews that talk about build quality and plastic lens mount etc. Both my lenses suffer from poor build quality and plastic mount, and nothing has happened yet. Take care of your equipment well and you should be fine.

The 55-250 may not be the sharpest lens around, but it definitely can get decent images, unless you're printing posters to put on buildings. If there's anything to complain about my 55-200 lens, it's the focusing speed at the longer focal lengths, and the max aperture. Definitely not the image quality.
    Like I said, NO flash was used, NO PP done, only made use of available light source. I made sure the exposure I see from my photos matched with the exposure of the actual scene. So if you think its underexposed, so be it... AND NO, I'm not self-pwning. NO, I'm not giving excuse.

then pp it == if the photo is not WHAT U INTENDED. pls edit it till we see what u want us to see.

get the drift? i'm not asking u to cut an airplane and put in the photo. i'm asking u to use editing as a tool. u arent distorting reality. competitions allow editing on contrast and exposure. i dun see a reason why u wanna be so stubborn abt it.
    Then tell me what tool I should use that's FREE. Don't expect me to sell off all my lenses just to get Photoshop and having me to PP every image that I take to remove any defects caused by my lenses; I'm NOT going to do that. And no, the tools by Canon give all my images a bluish and yellowish tint, so I gave up on that a long time ago.
    Last edited by arikyeo; 3rd December 2010 at 03:53 PM.

Blog Entries

I made sure the exposure I see from my photos matched with the exposure of the actual scene.
    oh yea?

IF you're referring to those high speed images of model rockets where they're super dark, I purposely set the shutter speed to 1/4000 so that the water droplets can be frozen... You cannot say that they have poor exposure.
    is the water droplets exposed as the scene is showing?

in fact, i have every reason to believe ur conditions were much brighter than what i had...

400d and 450d difference isnt much btw. if i can cope with the limitations, so can u.

Blog Entries

Then tell me what tool I should use that's FREE. Don't expect me to sell off all my lenses just to get Photoshop and having me to PP every image that I take to remove any defects caused by my lenses; I'm NOT going to do that. And no, the tools by Canon give all my images a bluish and yellowish tint.
    learn gimp. learn adobe STUDENT edition. student edition costs around only a 100 bucks. gimp is free.

http://www.mine.com.sgwww.mine.com.sg/adobe/

the whole suite, which is like,
    # Illustrator® CS5
    # InDesign® CS5
    # Flash® Catalyst CS5
    # Flash Professional CS5
    # Dreamweaver CS5
    # Fireworks® CS5
    # Acrobat 9 Pro
    # Bridge CS5
    # Device Central CS5...
    all for 100 bucks.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 3rd December 2010 at 03:56 PM.

You don't need that sharp. Stop down your 50 f1.4 to f1.8 or f2 would be fine already. I use my kit lens wide open most of the time and usually don't have too much problems with the sharpness.

Don't be afraid to bump your ISO. Noise can be removed in PP. If you underexpose and bring up the exposure in PP, it will introduce more noise than if you bump up ISO. At those kind of lighting, noise should not be that obvious also. Dim lighting plus high ISO is when the noise gets really noticeable (not to mention lower contrast and lower sharpness). But don't be afraid to bump up your ISO. ISO 800 on the 400D is fine, and ISO 1600 in daylight is good if you need higher shutter speeds. I would only be worried about ISO 1600 for 400D in dim lighting. For my D5000, I even go up to Hi1 (ISO 6400) when I need, and it's still good for web resolutions.

Anyway, if you shoot events, I recommend just getting Lightroom over Photoshop. Organises photos much better, and gives you all the functions you need, even spot removal. Learn to use Lightroom, you'll never look back. Not doing PP on an underexposed photo is not good, I rather have lower contrast that comes with brightening up the photo than have an underexposed photo.
    Last edited by brapodam; 3rd December 2010 at 03:58 PM.

oh yea?

is the water droplets exposed as the scene is showing?

in fact, i have every reason to believe ur conditions were much brighter than what i had...

400d and 450d difference isnt much btw. if i can cope with the limitations, so can u.
    Umm... No. It's raining, if you had noticed.

different people, different eyes and most importantly...different monitors. I find myself having to adjust settings for my deliverables eg. if my client is primarily using a apple monitor. Then there is also the problem on which panel type used and which manufacturer. Even the brightness also plays a part. There is really no way to create one color template fits all. Even the tones of black and white pictures can be different depending on the monitor used.

example, my desktop lcd is using Acer panel but my Macbook is using LG-Philips panel. The Acer is great for movies and games but i would use the Macbook if need to do careful color correction.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

Umm... No. It's raining, if you had noticed.
    then there is no difference in conditions then. its raining at my side too when i was doing my water shot

know something...it is quite comical or rather pitiful when dslr become fashion accessories. When pictures dont turn out as expected, they do all sorts of things to try to remedy the shot but most of the time will do cross processing or lomo effect and say they are being artistic. Very easy to spot one....especially if Auto or even Av was the only solution but pride as well as peer pressure force them to use M all the way.

I always say, there is nothing wrong with using Auto mode if lost because thats what professionals do as well.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    know something...it is quite comical or rather pitiful when dslr become fashion accessories. When pictures dont turn out as expected, they do all sorts of things to try to remedy the shot but most of the time will do cross processing or lomo effect and say they are being artistic. Very easy to spot one....especially if Auto or even Av was the only solution but pride as well as peer pressure force them to use M all the way.

I always say, there is nothing wrong with using Auto mode if lost because thats what professionals do as well.
    and thats what i do too i rather get the shot, than miss it totally. even if i hvae to resort to auto.

dun be too stubborn in photography. those who excel at what they shoot? tend to be very flexible...

learn gimp. learn adobe STUDENT edition. student edition costs around only a 100 bucks. gimp is free.

http://www.mine.com.sgwww.mine.com.sg/adobe/

the whole suite, which is like,
    # Illustrator® CS5
    # InDesign® CS5
    # Flash® Catalyst CS5
    # Flash Professional CS5
    # Dreamweaver CS5
    # Fireworks® CS5
    # Acrobat 9 Pro
    # Bridge CS5
    # Device Central CS5...
    all for 100 bucks.
    $100 may not mean much to you, but $100 can buy me a lot of stuff, or add on to my lens bank...

$100 can buy me
    -1 Battery grip for my 400D, or
    -4 OEM batteries for my DSLR, or
    -2 hoya HD UV filter, 58mm, or
    -2-3 Macro converters, or
    -1 secondhand 50mm f1.8, or
    -1 secondhand KIT I lens, or
    -1 Year of webhosting
    etc...

All those can benefit my pictures/me too...

I'm currently trying to download Gimp, see if its as effective as you recommended...

Connection kept on getting broken after 24%... All mirrors still yield the same result. Anyone can send me the installer?

Blog Entries

$100 may not mean much to you, but $100 can buy me a lot of stuff, or add on to my lens bank...

$100 can buy me
    -1 Battery grip for my 400D, or
    -4 OEM batteries for my DSLR, or
    -2 hoya HD UV filter, 58mm, or
    -2-3 Macro converters, or
    -1 secondhand 50mm f1.8, or
    -1 secondhand KIT I lens, or
    -1 Year of webhosting
    etc...

All those can benefit my pictures/me too...

I'm currently trying to download Gimp, see if its as effective as you recommended...
    erm. i'm a student like u. i understand the restrictions. nightmare understands also. i work part time as a construction worker, doing painting, installing toilets etc if i need the money to fund my purchases...

i guess its the attitude. i spend over 3 months saving for my nd110 which i'm finally getting tmr at 115.

Blog Entries

Connection kept on getting broken after 24%... All mirrors still yield the same result. Anyone can send me the installer?
    why dun u get the trial version of lightroom first?or trial version. before u consider buying. i have not used gimp personally, but so far otehrs seems to have good results with it.
    there are btw, not so legal ways to get the programs if u really need. i'm not supporting it, but only raising it as a possibility.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 3rd December 2010 at 04:48 PM.

there are btw, not so legal ways to get the programs if u really need. i'm not supporting it, but only raising it as a possibility.
    I had been contemplating about it... On one hand why must I support companies that overcharge their products(In this case, for standard editions) when they just copied exactly from open source software? On the other hand I may risk getting banned from my ISP...

why dun u get the trial version of lightroom first?or trial version. before u consider buying. i have not used gimp personally, but so far otehrs seems to have good results with it.
    No can do for me... I used to do web designing, but I gave up because people keep on underpaying me. I once downloaded a trial version of Dreamweaver, then suddenly a friend of mine gave me Dreamweaver for free. I uninstalled the trial version, installed the one, than it keep on rejecting my key, saying its for wrong version. Then I called Adobe, they say that I must reformat the computer before I install the full one!?! So I don't install the demo liao...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast