Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone knows what 'excuse uniform' in SAF is about?

Quote Originally Posted by SteadyHands
    you must be joking, i got a PES E because of a fractured forearm and still got called up for reservist doing clerical duties
    you're being abused... pes E people should not get called up for reservist
    make a fuss!

Quote Originally Posted by tokrot
    (Btw, he was Pes F starting from Straight intake)
    pes F? still need to do ns?
    ...i can see now why your nickname is "tokrot"

Quote Originally Posted by LiOnElLiN
    you're being abused... pes E people should not get called up for reservist
    make a fuss!
    Actually, that is if I'm not wrong, PES E personnel do have their reservist liability. But most people don't get it though.

I'll check this further...

As far as I know, Pes F means discharged from serving NS altogether. Is it not???

Wow, some of the stories here are sensational! I don't quite believe in all the Pes grading... I know people who are Pes A but they never get called back at all for reservist till almost when they are 40! Mind you, they are physically fit. Just need to do IPPT only.

While those who are Pes C with medical problems get called back more often. Guess it all depends on which unit one is posted to?

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    ... I'm still excused from using middle finger.
    aiya wasted..if not u can tell the C.O. to go and F.O. joke only ah

anyway, PES E people will not get caleld up for reservist. but their name will exist somewhere in some holding list

PES F = no need to serve NS / discharged from service.

best is to be all the way PES A . maintain fitness and integrity and serve your singapura faithfully. like me

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    aiya wasted..if not u can tell the C.O. to go and F.O. joke only ah

anyway, PES E people will not get caleld up for reservist. but their name will exist somewhere in some holding list

PES F = no need to serve NS / discharged from service.

best is to be all the way PES A . maintain fitness and integrity and serve your singapura faithfully. like me

Er.... almost there. In my last medical board, after my er... 3rd ICT, the Chief MO asked me to show him my injured finger, so I showed him. Guess what, I got upgraded from Pes C2 to Pes B immediately, but excused middle finger permantly. That means I still have to take IPPT, but excused Chin-Ups, which also means I'll have to go RT if I failed my IPPT, but no cash if I passed.

<-- This is how I showed him my finger...
    Last edited by togu; 27th June 2004 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by togu

<-- This is how I showed him my finger...
    No wonder you got upgraded !
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

Lightbulb

excuse chin up only? hmm .. on a more serious note, shuttle run u need to pick up the block...there's still a risk of injuring any one of the fingers

Quote Originally Posted by LiOnElLiN
    pes F? still need to do ns?
    ...i can see now why your nickname is "tokrot"
    Ok maybe my mistake, he's definitely not going to do anyreservist when he came in becoz he's directly came in without BMT. Thats why i said He was Pes F.

Pes C is probably one of those 'bo hua' grading. You're not quite totally unfit but yet not 100% fit... Can be posted to do some siong stuffs. and reservists still get called back to do 'cha-par-lang' things! Anyone with this experience?

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Pes C is probably one of those 'bo hua' grading. You're not quite totally unfit but yet not 100% fit... Can be posted to do some siong stuffs. and reservists still get called back to do 'cha-par-lang' things! Anyone with this experience?
    Ya. IPPT have to take every station, but if get silver or gold no monetary reward. As good as Pes B or A. Oh this is for Pes C1. If Pes C2 or C9 onwards then different story, excused IPPT or AAFT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123