Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Anyone knows what 'excuse uniform' in SAF is about?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Mmm.. My friend who was hurt in the MG chamber explosion case earlier this year got excused SBO, camo, outfield, fieldpack, loud noises, water, RMJ, weapons etc..

  2. #22

    Default

    sigh .. all the problem child

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    my platoon mate in BMT almost got the excuse RMJ tattooed on he's chest.
    5mths bmt 4.5mths he's on RMJ.

    Can only drink distilled water.
    Can only eat oat meals
    Excuse verbal abuse

  4. #24

    Default

    Might as well see MO to excuse NS !

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bedok South
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mission
    Might as well see MO to excuse NS !
    Even with all the excuses they can still perform NS, unless excuse pen/mouse/keyboard. Cannot even be clerk.

  6. #26

    Default

    any1 with excuse reservist?

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by szekiat
    u think thats bad, i had a friend who had the following 3 excused:
    sweating, cold areas, hot areas.

    He is not allowed in air con, not allowed out in the sun and not allowed in stuffy places. Power man!
    What is his problem, how does he get these excuses?

  8. #28

    Default

    Peeps who knows me will knows that I'm still excused from using middle finger.


    In fact.... it's permanent...

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    I had an stay-out RP (Regimental Police) in my camp who didn't want to stand daytime(!) guard duty so he tried ways and means to get out of it.

    He got excused uniform for a bit - a solider in no.4 and PT shoes, a soldier not in full uniform is hardly an impressive guardian of the camp, right? But he didn't get off the hook.

    He tried the excuse sunlight trick, guess what my OC told him?

    "So you want to excuse sunlight eh? Very well, if you do, you make sure you get in camp before sunrise, and leave only after sunset!"

  10. #30

    Default Thanks

    Thanks all for the advice. That's what I told my friend to tell his brother.

    But it's interesting to read all the various forms of excuses, which seriously, some of which I've not heard b4. For eg, excuse sunlight? Maybe it's some skin pigmentation problem.

    With all due respect, maybe indeed there are such medical conditions which we may not hear every day.

    So.. anyone excuse reservist?

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the tallest hill in S'pore!
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Thanks all for the advice. That's what I told my friend to tell his brother.

    But it's interesting to read all the various forms of excuses, which seriously, some of which I've not heard b4. For eg, excuse sunlight? Maybe it's some skin pigmentation problem.

    With all due respect, maybe indeed there are such medical conditions which we may not hear every day.

    So.. anyone excuse reservist?
    Hmm.. i think C9 are excused reservist no?

    Next best thing is holding list lor..=) haha... pls let it be me... waiting for my 1st SAF 100.... haha

  12. #32

    Default

    OK all of you are excuse camera with immediate effect. Also excuse internet. Excuse keyboard also. Indefinitely.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the tallest hill in S'pore!
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    OK all of you are excuse camera with immediate effect. Also excuse internet. Excuse keyboard also. Indefinitely.
    wah like that rather go DB =) haha

  14. #34

    Default

    guess what i got this guy who was from my company...
    excused cookhouse food!!!!
    serious.

    he would get fever and stuff, cos apparently he v sensitive to some stuff in foods. ha.

    and heard of excused regimentation b4 too... against v guailan pple quite useful

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummercow
    Hmm.. i think C9 are excused reservist no?

    Next best thing is holding list lor..=) haha... pls let it be me... waiting for my 1st SAF 100.... haha
    Only Pes E are not called up for reservist.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore bo gway hai!
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mission
    Might as well see MO to excuse NS !

    hey, dun be surprised...

    i know of pple who feign insanity for that!

    absurd it seems, but there are pple who are so scare of chiong sua to that extend.

    i hate it too but i think its overboard to go to such extend.

  17. #37

    Lightbulb

    my unit got one guy PES E due to mental retardness or somethign like that. so he dont need to go to BMT and the very first day of his army life he post in into our unit. from the very first day he post in, he never smile at all and always got this dazed look and talk one word per hour and he report sick and MC and all the rubbish and end up in IMH for 3 months... then a few days later he got discharged from IMh and he got PES F. the day he came back to unit to collect his Pink IC he was smiling and he talked like normal. DUH.

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clive
    my unit got one guy PES E due to mental retardness or somethign like that. so he dont need to go to BMT and the very first day of his army life he post in into our unit. from the very first day he post in, he never smile at all and always got this dazed look and talk one word per hour and he report sick and MC and all the rubbish and end up in IMH for 3 months... then a few days later he got discharged from IMh and he got PES F. the day he came back to unit to collect his Pink IC he was smiling and he talked like normal. DUH.
    Wah... sounds like a guy I knew from my unit.

    My favourite is to see the long queue of people reporting sick just on the day of out-field. Officers included. LOL

  19. #39

    Default

    you must be joking, i got a PES E because of a fractured forearm and still got called up for reservist doing clerical duties

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clive
    my unit got one guy PES E due to mental retardness or somethign like that. so he dont need to go to BMT and the very first day of his army life he post in into our unit. from the very first day he post in, he never smile at all and always got this dazed look and talk one word per hour and he report sick and MC and all the rubbish and end up in IMH for 3 months... then a few days later he got discharged from IMh and he got PES F. the day he came back to unit to collect his Pink IC he was smiling and he talked like normal. DUH.
    You won't believe my story. I got one guy similiar to your unit's case but far worst condition. A two minutes walk down to guard room, he would probably take an hour. For every step he took, he moved back two steps back. He looked pale most of the times. There were a few times he pee and **** in his No.4 and on several occasions, he peed at Guard Room entrance too. He was sent to IMH and discharged from the service. That guy insisted on finishing his NSF service but I think Mindef discharged him from the service (Btw, he was Pes F starting from Straight intake) Everyone who saw him then would avoid him. Heard his condition was due to his stressful studies in Australia but his dad was also a very rich guy who owned a Hotel.

    But funny thing was few of my camp mates told me that they saw him driving Mercs!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •