Thread: how bad is a 28-200 lens?

Talking how bad is a 28-200 lens?

i know that 28-200 is not recommended ...but i am wondering if it is really that bad?

i am planning to get one for overseas trip as dun want to bring 2 lens.... lazy bum i am ....

they could actually be quite good when stepped down. focussing is not fast but adequate. I have the Tamron 28-200 XR which gives pretty good colors.

actually, i am only looking for a normal (not expensive) 28-200. not those 2.8 one...

is it possible to get it around S$300 for a reasonably acceptable one loh at CP.

Blog Entries

it is decent enuf lah, like mpenza said. i've got a 2nd-hand tamron 28-200mm (bought from ah meng), and the shots are not bad. think if u really want one, have a look at buy/sell. every now and then, there are the upgraders throwing out their 28-200mm.

if u going on holiday, this lens does save u a lot of lens to bring along! i left some of my lens behind when i went to msia with this lens.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    actually, i am only looking for a normal (not expensive) 28-200. not those 2.8 one...

is it possible to get it around S$300 for a reasonably acceptable one loh at CP.
    The Normal ones will cost around $400++ ..... the expensive ones, like the Canon 28-300 DC will cost about $4000++ ;P......

Oops ... I mean the Canon EF 28-300 mm F3.5-F5.6 L IS USM ;P

Canon also has a 28-200 mm too. More of an entry level lens and it's quite good. I like it.

Cheers,

why not go for 28-300 superzooms if you already got to compromise on quality.

*I'm wondering why myself, they are so small and light, it might be good as a streetshooter ..)

28-200 where got f2.8 one... unless those in prosumer digicams la

in the shadow of the tallest hill in S'pore!

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Oops ... I mean the Canon EF 28-300 mm F3.5-F5.6 L IS USM ;P
    hmm... that the one in the ad of this months practical photography right? the one that you pull the lens forward and backward instead of rotating the bezel?

Lightbulb

not too bad if u know how to use it