Thread: How come hawker stalls can use pics of President and MM?

Default How come hawker stalls can use pics of President and MM?

Just makan-ed at a really good Hainanese Chicken Rice stall. As a Singaporean I am so tired of Chicken Rice and I must say the stall's skill really make me like chicken rice again.

Then I noticed the stall got big print out pic of President SR Nathan and MM Lee too. (probably taken during MP walkabouts?)

Doesn't this counts as endorsement? Can meh?
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Default Re: How come hawker stalls can use pics of President and MM?

Think is quite common for hawker stalls to take pics of movie stars / media corp artists etc eating at their stalls. Serve as a type of marketing I guess...not too sure if it is FOC though...

But never see before pics of president or MM leh..

Chicken rice stall is Tong Fong Fa I guess?
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Just makan-ed at a really good Hainanese Chicken Rice stall. As a Singaporean I am so tired of Chicken Rice and I must say the stall's skill really make me like chicken rice again.

Then I noticed the stall got big print out pic of President SR Nathan and MM Lee too. (probably taken during MP walkabouts?)

Doesn't this counts as endorsement? Can meh?
    if you are referring to the President's photo at the Commonwealth Ave near Queenstown theatre, If I'm not wrong, the photos is taken at the Istana, the chicken rice are the caterer for the event held in the Istana.

Public figures as such will not decline taking photos with general public, and I'm sure the stall owner is wise enough seeking consent before using their photos.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post
    Think is quite common for hawker stalls to take pics of movie stars / media corp artists etc eating at their stalls. Serve as a type of marketing I guess...not too sure if it is FOC though...

But never see before pics of president or MM leh..
    Media corp one got pay I believe.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

I am not sure how is the law here in Singapore about images of public figure in public place.

In Sydney, you can display an image of public figure if you took the shot of them in the public area.

Since you are not benefit directly out of the image (ie, selling the pictures), you can display them.

I believe, if the same law apply here, i presume it is ok to use the images of whoever you take a photo with and put it on their store.

That is what I think.

By the way, does the images of the president makes you like to eat the chicken rice more or because of the taste? I hope it is the later.

Regards,

Hart