Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enjoying my K..........x every day and night! :)

Default Re: Enjoying my K..........x every day and night! :)

Would like to see the 17-50 with people shots... been thinking of replacing the kit lens

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Sigma 50 1.4 does produce sharp image as many users had said. But color wise I still prefer FA50 1.4 coz I find the color to be very smooth and blends in well.
    FA 50 rendering is really nice for portraits. The slight softness helps to hide blemishes and the color is flattering to skin tones.

Quote Originally Posted by kof88 View Post
    Would like to see the 17-50 with people shots... been thinking of replacing the kit lens
    Yes, more people shots with the 17-50 please.

BTW, how would u compare 17-50 with the kits lens? In terms of focusing speed, Image quality and focusing accuracy.

love pic 7 and 10 ( best )
    keep up the good work. =)

Quote Originally Posted by cyc1op View Post

BTW, how would u compare 17-50 with the kits lens? In terms of focusing speed, Image quality and focusing accuracy.

Tamron 17-50mm is quite nice. But at the 50mm end, its not very sharp. The DA18-55WR is much sharper at the end than Tamron 17-50. Just tried it yest

Sorry TS. if u dun mind I'm sharing 17-50 pics here.

This is a landscape shot using Tamron 17-50mm with ND filter.

IMGP1596 by Salleh, on Flickr

Wanna be creative? This is how Tamron 17-50 can help. But for this, any lens will suffice!

IMGP1621 by Salleh, on Flickr
    Last edited by ricsal; 29th November 2010 at 09:09 PM.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    FA 50 rendering is really nice for portraits. The slight softness helps to hide blemishes and the color is flattering to skin tones.
    Yes, just like wad bro Corneliusk said, FA 50 is a very nice portraits lens.
    Thx to bro poseur for lending me his FA 50, now i'm very tempting to get it. Saving for it now

Here's 1 sample shot i took using the FA 50 on a cosplay event last sat. No PP was done.
    Nikon D7000 ~ my louya Flickr >.<

Tamron 17-50mm is quite nice. But at the 50mm end, its not very sharp. The DA18-55WR is much sharper at the end than Tamron 17-50. Just tried it yest

Sorry TS. if u dun mind I'm sharing 17-50 pics here.

This is a landscape shot using Tamron 17-50mm with ND filter.

IMGP1596 by Salleh, on Flickr

Wanna be creative? This is how Tamron 17-50 can help. But for this, any lens will suffice!

IMGP1621 by Salleh, on Flickr
    No problem brother! Your photos are very nice taken!!

Below are some observations between these 2 lens:
    -Noticed the focusing speed on tomron are slightly faster than the kit lens.
    -Image quality wise looks like equally good on both lens.
    -The workmanship on tammy are slightly better compare to the kit lens, a smooth surface body on the kit lens, compare to the matt surface body on the tammy.

Below are some of the photos that taken few days ago:

Quote Originally Posted by JinG14 View Post
    love pic 7 and 10 ( best )
    keep up the good work. =)
    Thanks brother! I like #7 too as it was taken in M-mode after trying many many times in Av and Sv mode.....finally the result in M-mode is still the best!

hi riscal, lovely landscape shot! which nd filter you used? the filter quality looks good. i planning to get a nd filter but not sure which one would be good...

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire88 View Post
    hi riscal, lovely landscape shot! which nd filter you used? the filter quality looks good. i planning to get a nd filter but not sure which one would be good...
    The pic actually slanted a bit. lol. I'm using Tian Ya.

Thanks all for sharing your and commenting on the differences. All of them look lovely.

ricsal, may I know did you pp the pictures to get the wings and the halo?

Thanks all for sharing your and commenting on the differences. All of them look lovely.

ricsal, may I know did you pp the pictures to get the wings and the halo?
    Nope, its all about Long Exposures.

1st get a remote.

Go bulb.

Set small aperture (f9-f11 or up to u)

usually best using Wide angle at least what u need to right in the air will be enough frame to cover.

get urself a Flash light or any light that gives out a bright one.

set camera on tripod.

set the area and test first.

When long exposure, the camera will not take anything in front if the subject is moving. Thus I put my fren in front, I use my light to shone at him from head to toe so that the sensor can put him in the frame(But I'm still invinsible by the camera coz I never brighten myself) Then I went behind him and start painting with the light. Until I finish(u have to think of the time) and press the bulb shutter to close.

Points to take note, Once u start painting, there is no gg back. unless u doing frame by frame painting and blend it altogether in Photoshop. So if u painted wrong, then close the bulb shutter and do it all over again. So its best to think first what u wanted to paint around that area of frame.

Hope this helps.

Just my humble teaching. Maybe the Pentaxian pros can teach u guys better.

The pic actually slanted a bit. lol. I'm using Tian Ya.
    nd 4 or nd8?

Quote Originally Posted by hellfire88 View Post
    nd 4 or nd8?
    Tan ya ND 8

Tan ya ND 8
    ok thanks!

This is my method which I use to do light painting.

1) Find a really dark spot
    2) Set up the camera on a tripod with a flash attached
    3) Set the camera in TV mode, set shutter at 20 seconds
    4) set flash to trailing curtain sync
    5) Set the drive mode to remote, 3 second delay
    6) Get the subject to stand in position and compose the picture. Make use of a torch to get the focus correct, it may be very challenging due to the dark conditions. Take note of where the left and right limits are.
    7) Switch to manual focus (to prevent the camera from trying to refocus when you trigger via remote. This also means that your subject must not move from the spot you focused on)

Ok now you are ready to take the picture. Once you press the remote, the camera will flash once to meter the scene, then again after 3 seconds. Tell your subject to hold still for 20 seconds AFTER the SECOND flash.

8) Ask your subject to take the pose
    9) Stand to one side and trigger the remote
    10) Run in to do the light painting after the SECOND flash
    11) Complete your painting within 20 seconds and run out.
    12) Enjoy the picture

Ok just two things to note - the person painting should be wearing dark colored clothing and you should practice what you intend to paint a few times before taking the actual shot.

Thanks again for sharing. Heard about long exposure but didn't think you could use it this way.

Nope, its all about Long Exposures.

1st get a remote.

Go bulb.

Set small aperture (f9-f11 or up to u)

usually best using Wide angle at least what u need to right in the air will be enough frame to cover.

get urself a Flash light or any light that gives out a bright one.

set camera on tripod.

set the area and test first.

When long exposure, the camera will not take anything in front if the subject is moving. Thus I put my fren in front, I use my light to shone at him from head to toe so that the sensor can put him in the frame(But I'm still invinsible by the camera coz I never brighten myself) Then I went behind him and start painting with the light. Until I finish(u have to think of the time) and press the bulb shutter to close.

Points to take note, Once u start painting, there is no gg back. unless u doing frame by frame painting and blend it altogether in Photoshop. So if u painted wrong, then close the bulb shutter and do it all over again. So its best to think first what u wanted to paint around that area of frame.

Hope this helps.

Just my humble teaching. Maybe the Pentaxian pros can teach u guys better.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorneliusK View Post
    This is my method which I use to do light painting.

1) Find a really dark spot
    2) Set up the camera on a tripod with a flash attached
    3) Set the camera in TV mode, set shutter at 20 seconds
    4) set flash to trailing curtain sync
    5) Set the drive mode to remote, 3 second delay
    6) Get the subject to stand in position and compose the picture. Make use of a torch to get the focus correct, it may be very challenging due to the dark conditions. Take note of where the left and right limits are.
    7) Switch to manual focus (to prevent the camera from trying to refocus when you trigger via remote. This also means that your subject must not move from the spot you focused on)

Ok now you are ready to take the picture. Once you press the remote, the camera will flash once to meter the scene, then again after 3 seconds. Tell your subject to hold still for 20 seconds AFTER the SECOND flash.

8) Ask your subject to take the pose
    9) Stand to one side and trigger the remote
    10) Run in to do the light painting after the SECOND flash
    11) Complete your painting within 20 seconds and run out.
    12) Enjoy the picture

Ok just two things to note - the person painting should be wearing dark colored clothing and you should practice what you intend to paint a few times before taking the actual shot.
    Thanks for sharing the tips ricsal and CorneliusK! Worth to try it end of the year during my vacation.

err...no need to thank me.......u dont say thanks to people who put poison into your tea right?......

Quote Originally Posted by xxrenxx View Post
    Yes, just like wad bro Corneliusk said, FA 50 is a very nice portraits lens.
    Thx to bro poseur for lending me his FA 50, now i'm very tempting to get it. Saving for it now

Here's 1 sample shot i took using the FA 50 on a cosplay event last sat. No PP was done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast