Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: creating a nice online Photo gallery

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2

    Unhappy creating a nice online Photo gallery

    Hi everybody,

    When I look to the galleries displayed on this site it amazes me. Almost everybody seems te be able to create an nice and fancy online photoalbum but me...
    Ok, I admid, I'm not some kind of wizzkid but I think I should be able to also make a nice album with categories and subcategories. Can anybody pint me in the right direction where I can find a easy ( free...)program to create and upload foto albums with??

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Member Adiemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Small island....
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    if you have adobe photoshop 7 and above, the process can be automated.
    if you have macromedia dreamweaver 4 and above, it can also do the job for you automatically. you need to have all your pictures in one location and run the software to do the job for you. details of the processes are a bit long to explain. PM me for more info. cheers.

  3. #3

    Default

    You can try some of the ready made photo album softwares. I'm using coppermine. It requires PHP and Mysql though.

  4. #4

    Default

    hmm, you can try Gallery.. I think it has quite a large number of users in CS! I am one myself!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    hmm, you can try Gallery.. I think it has quite a large number of users in CS! I am one myself!
    Second that. I have it installed on my own site.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royce
    Second that. I have it installed on my own site.
    i asssume menalto's gallery is the most popular now.
    CS's plans are also using menalto's gallery script.

    I have come across quite a few, and recommend the following in no particular order

    menalto.gallery
    coppermine 1.3 (new version)
    jalbum (very nice interface)


    I currently have a modded coppermine 1.2 running on my photo server.. works really fine!.
    for a demo on how coppermine looks like, u can take a look at my albums.

    cheerios~!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up Thanks all !!

    Hi people..

    Thank's for all of your advice!
    I ended up with using JAlbum as sugested by Alankuik. It's realy a easy to use interface with ( for me, for now) enough features.
    I see that a lot of PHP / Apache build engines are better to ajust to your own specific wishes but as I said, I'm not such a wizzkid so the "standard" ajustable skins in JAlbum are just what I needed.

    Thanks again all for your swift responces...

    Cheerio, McFly

    ah, before I forget.. THE new album is now available at http://www.zeelandnet.nl/mdejonge

  8. #8

    Default

    well. there's the software I'm using too (FOC for now) exhibition gallery.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i am using the free picturesky webby too !

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly1971
    Hi people..

    Thank's for all of your advice!
    I ended up with using JAlbum as sugested by Alankuik. It's realy a easy to use interface with ( for me, for now) enough features.
    I see that a lot of PHP / Apache build engines are better to ajust to your own specific wishes but as I said, I'm not such a wizzkid so the "standard" ajustable skins in JAlbum are just what I needed.

    Thanks again all for your swift responces...

    Cheerio, McFly

    ah, before I forget.. THE new album is now available at http://www.zeelandnet.nl/mdejonge

    the url cannot be found

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •