Thread: Testing on f/22@1/15s vs f/11@1/60s

Default Testing on f/22@1/15s vs f/11@1/60s

Dear Seniors,

I have done some reading, and the latest I read is "...shooting at f/22 at f/15s, you could also shoot at f/11 at 1/60s- both exposures will give the same brightness". So I just do some testing with eg higer range of ISO with my tripod.

My findings show that they are almost the same brightness, but not exactly the same. Histrogram shifted and the size of the photo size also not the same.

Why is it different? Care to share your views?

Default Re: Testing on f/22@1/15s vs f/11@1/60s

most lens do not give u exactly f11 and f22, they are normally something like f11.143245 or f21.93534. the shift in brightness means the data ain't exactly the same as well

Quote Originally Posted by dapao View Post
    Dear Seniors,

I have done some reading, and the latest I read is "...shooting at f/22 at f/15s, you could also shoot at f/11 at 1/60s- both exposures will give the same brightness". So I just do some testing with eg higer range of ISO with my tripod.

My findings show that they are almost the same brightness, but not exactly the same. Histrogram shifted and the size of the photo size also not the same.

Why is it different? Care to share your views?
    to make it a fair test i think you must turn off all the features like auto lighting optimizer, highlight tone priority etc. thats what they are called in canon. not sure for the rest of the brands and if you shoot in jpeg there might be some processing too thats why the file size is different?
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

Thanks ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    most lens do not give u exactly f11 and f22, they are normally something like f11.143245 or f21.93534. the shift in brightness means the data ain't exactly the same as well

Want to do fair test together? My verdict will be up latest by tmr. But I assume Deathrequiem stated that F number is not exactly what we see. Then the test will not be accurate also. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by deathrequiem View Post
    to make it a fair test i think you must turn off all the features like auto lighting optimizer, highlight tone priority etc. thats what they are called in canon. not sure for the rest of the brands and if you shoot in jpeg there might be some processing too thats why the file size is different?