Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *51* - YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

Default Re: Liverpool football club *51* - YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    woot!!!!

RH is safe!!!!
    u missed the LFC Transfer Speculation report...

regardless of tonight's result, RH will get replaced.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

almost 2-2... heng ah!

3pts!!!!

RH GOODBYE!!!

gdnite folks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    3pts!!!!

RH GOODBYE!!!
    if u're not rite this time, u oso better gd bye..

3pts!!!!

RH GOODBYE!!!
    Yesss his last game !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    we even need joker coke to stay offside in order to score a goal... haiz

nah, we needed a bolton defender to pass the ball to joe cole wiht his backside

stevie G jus buanged a cross. i think u're right!~

oh ****! joker coke!!!

i should have scolded them earlier

Hard fought 3 pts...
    Must tresure it..

good start to the new year
    whatever it is, victory and 3 points is good

good night

oh, and

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    good start to the new year
    whatever it is, victory and 3 points is good
    Agreed..
    Now to look forward to a new gaffer to bring back the Good Old Times.

wah managed to pick up cow's thing

to be honest, i off the tv after bolton score................

its a good thing after all
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Dalglish set to take helm as US owners lose patience

Cole goal will be too little too late for Hodgson with legend ready to take over until end of season

By Ian Herbert at Anfield
    Sunday, 2 January 2011

Dalglish believes he should have been appointed Liverpool manager last summer

Liverpool's owners are weighing up appointing a temporary manager to see the club through to the end of the season, a move which appears to open the door to Kenny Dalglish fulfilling his desire to return to the helm of the club where he remains a legend.

The injury-time winner by Joe Cole – Roy Hodgson's late substitute – which sealed a 2-1 win over Bolton Wanderers yesterday is unlikely to convince Liverpool's main owner, John W Henry, that Hodgson should see the club through to May, and it is with a growing awareness that the right permanent manager cannot be found in mid-season that he and Fenway Sports Group appear ready to appoint on an interim basis.

Precisely who they might be considering remains unclear, though Dalglish would enable the club to reconnect with supporters whose disenchantment contributed to Liverpool's lowest League crowd since the visit of Portsmouth in 2004: just 35,400 turned up yesterday. The owners may also feel that Dalglish is the man to bring the full potential out of Fernando Torres who, despite a far better display yesterday, has not delivered consistently for Hodgson.

Hodgson mouthed the words "thank you" to fans in the main stand and Kop last night after the victory and, even after Kevin Davies's goal put Bolton ahead, there was no repeat of the negative sentiment sounded during Liverpool's home defeat to Wolves. There were also signs of the support the 63-year-old has among some of his players, whom he shook individually by the hand. Pepe Reina knocked Hodgson off his feet; Lucas Leiva stopped his run from the field to embrace him.

But Henry's concerns about his relationship with the fans have contributed to the feeling that imminent change is due. There had been hopes of a permanent replacement in mid-season, though that reduces the possible candidates – the former Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard is one of the few likely candidates not already contracted – which is why the idea of a stopgap has come into the equation.

Dalglish had felt the Americans did not have an appetite to hire him, though he believes he should have been appointed last summer, and his appeal for unity yesterday again included no support for Hodgson. "If everyone sticks together we'll have a better chance of getting three points. Then, if we want to have a discussion after that, we can," Dalglish said.

Hodgson said last night that Henry and Liverpool chairman Tom Werner had wished him "good luck" for yesterday and sympathised with "the frustration I must be feeling after Wednesday night". Asked if he felt he had their support, he said: "I guess so." Hodgson struck a determined tone, insisting that his comment about the absence of the "famous Anfield support" earned undue prominence. "I don't know how many times I've got to do a mea culpa," he said. "I'm still annoyed – if that's the word – that what I said was taken out of context."

Hodgson said the win showed that Liverpool could build towards European qualification and insisted the players were behind him. "If we had won on Wednesday night, you'd be asking me about the Champions' League," he said. "The negativity is being created here [in the press room]. It doesn't affect me in my job. I know when players are behind their club and their manager. Anyone who seriously suggests after watching us play that there are any problems on this front is being dishonest."

Liverpool's win saw them move up to ninth and they could go sixth if they win their games in hand over Bolton and Sunderland – their busy January is, on the face of things, a straightforward one in the League, with Blackpool, Fulham and Wolves following a trip to Blackburn on Wednesday.

The Hodgson programme notes suggested that the fans were on his mind: "I repeat every week that we are fully aware of our responsibilities and know how much supporting Liverpool means to you." There was no direct abuse from fans yesterday at Hodgson, who corrected one TV journalist's assertions that his players were booed at half-time. "It was the referee," he said. Only one banner had an anti-Hodgson message. "Fans New Year wish – new manager," it stated.

Roy's time is up as Liverpool prepare to send SOS to King Kenny - sExclusive

Published 23:02 01/01/11 By Simon Mullock

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz19pnt5nNb

Liverpool are ready to turn to Kenny Dalglish as their emergency managerial appointment.

Yesterday’s 2-1 victory over Bolton will help beleaguered boss Roy Hodgson hang onto his job in the short term. But Hodgson still appears to be doomed.

The Anfield hierarchy are searching for a long term successor. At the moment it seems the men they want are not available.

So an SOS to King Kenny, the Liverpool legend, to take over with his old assistant-manager Phil Thompson is seen as the smartest stop-gap move.
    Quantcast

Dalglish is currently employed as an adviser to Liverpool, predominantly working in their academy. He enjoyed a glorious 14 years from 1977 as a player and manager with the club before standing down.

He was ready to return as boss last summer before Hodgson’s appointment. And in the current crisis he would respond positively to the SOS.

In recent weeks unhappy Liverpool fans have chanted for Kenny’s return. They may well get their way even though Dalglish is not seen as the best long term appointment to succeed Hodgson.

Rafa Benitez, who quit Liverpool last summer and was sacked by Inter Milan last week, is being mentioned in some quarters as a potential appointment. But the likelihood is that Damien Comolli, the club’s influential director of football, will present a new name and direction to the Anfield board.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz19pnoOTTt

Hodgson doomed despite late win over Bolton at Anfield

Published 23:01 01/01/11 By Derick Allsop

Roy Hodgson’s, brief, traumatic reign as Liverpool manager is fatally damaged – despite a dramatic comeback win at Anfield yesterday.

Goals by Fernando Torres and Joe Cole – both set up by Steven Gerrard – wiped out Kevin Davies’ opener for Bolton.

But the Sunday Mirror understands this result will merely delay the inevitable and Hodgson’s days are numbered.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish will be asked to step in, if only short term, to steady the ship and woo back the support of disenchanted fans.

An attendance of 35,400 will shock the Anfield hierarchy. The Liverpool fans were voting with their feet.

Yesterday’s gate was 9,000 below capacity and provided a damning indicator of Liverpool’s current plight.

Dalglish would have the assistance of his former sidekick Phil Thompson as well as Hodgson’s current No. 2 and trusted club man, Sammy Lee.

Rafael Benitez, the man Hodgson replaced in the summer, is under consideration for a remarkable recall.

The Spaniard is available after his departure from Inter Milan and pointedly returned to his home in these parts just before Christmas.

Whatever the outcome yesterday, it seems Hodgson was already doomed. The club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group, headed by John W Henry decided enough was enough after the midweek flop at home to Wolves.

They are dismayed that Hodgson has been unable to galvanise a side that will be hard pressed to qualify for the Europa League, let alone the Champions League.

Hodgson’s fateful clash with the Anfield faithful in the aftermath of the Wolves debacle merely served to confirm his fate.

After yesterday’s match, Hodgson refused to engage in what he called “negativity”.

He dismissed claims of dressing room unrest and said the owners had wished him luck against Bolton.

Hodgson said: “I know when the players are backing the club and the manager and anyone who suggests otherwise would be dishonest.

“I am very proud of the performance, the character and spirit the players showed. I believe we dominated the match and even if we won by a controversial goal, anyone who begrudges the win would be very churlish.

“The equaliser was created by two players who will be very important for us to the end of the season. We have to improve on our disastrous away form in 2010.

“The Fernando we saw on Wednesday against Wolves and the Fernando today are two totally different people.

“Steven played a full 90 minutes on Wednesday and didn’t want him to play another 90 minutes following his injury.

“I knew he would come on at some stage today. He’s such a great player he can have an even bigger effect when he comes on like that.

“I would have been satisfied with the performance even if we had drawn after going behind, but to win made it even sweeter. Now we look forward to Blackburn in midweek.”

Bolton, who came to Anfield with only 15 fit and available players, claimed Cole’s winner should have been disallowed.

Manager Owen Coyle, one of those linked with the Liverpool job, said: “Our players are adamant Cole was offside and that can happen at big stadiums, but we should have stopped the cross coming in.

“Liverpool scored a wonderful goal from two world class players. They had their chances but we were dangerous on the counter-attack.”

Torres escaped punishment when he clashed with Gary Cahill and pushed his hand in the grounded defender’s face.

Coyle said: “A number of things went against us. We worked our socks off and it was cruel to lose like that.”

Sunday, January 2, 2011
    Kenny Dalglish to be installed as caretaker manager?

It seems Roy Hodgsons days as Liverpool manager very soon may be numbered.

In an Telegraph "Exclusive" writer Rory Smith reveals that the Liverpool owners are so determined to end Roy Hodgson’s reign, that they will install Kenny Dalglish as caretaker manager.

Before Saturday's game against Bolton Hodgson had spoken to the owners. When questioned whether he had their support, Hodgson replied: "I guess so".

Also he was saying: "They wished me good luck and sympathised with the frustration I must be feeling after Wednesday night".

It seems that might have been the owners last famous pat on his shoulder...

Originaly the owners had hoped to make the first managerial appointment of their reign a permanent one. They are believed to have examined the credentials of a number of candidates, including the Porto manager Andre Villas Boas and Marseille’s Didier Deschamps, the paper reports.

But now it seems they are prepared to delay the search for his long-term successor until the summer and install a caretaker until June, raising the prospect of an emotional return to the club for Kenny Dalglish.

Despite Saturday win over Bolton, Hodgson’s persistent failure to elicit consistent results and performances from his team, as well as the breakdown of his relationship with the club’s fans, has convinced Fenway Sports Group to bring forward their initial plan to review his position in the summer.

Dalglish was hoping to be offered the manager’s job this summer, after the dismissal of Rafael Benitez, informing the club’s then hierarchy that he would happily take charge until owners to replace the despised regime of Tom Hicks and George Gillett could be found. But Hodgson was the choice of Hick & Gillett.

Now it seems we will finaly might be given another manager at Anfield for the next half of the season. And if my predictions are true, it will be a period of test for the old King of Anfield. If he is successful, he might be given more than that half season...?

Liverpool set to delay search for Roy Hodgson successor as prospect looms of Kenny Dalglish return

sExclusive: Liverpool’s owners are so determined to end Roy Hodgson’s reign as manager that they are now prepared to delay the search for his long-term successor until the summer and install a caretaker until June, raising the prospect of an emotional return to the club for Kenny Dalglish.

By Rory Smith 10:00PM GMT 01 Jan 2011

Despite Saturday’s last-gasp win against Bolton, Hodgson’s persistent failure to elicit consistent results and performances from his team, as well as the breakdown of his relationship with the club’s fans, has convinced Fenway Sports Group to bring forward their initial plan to review his position in the summer.

Even after deciding they must act swiftly to replace the 63 year-old, the group’s principal backers, John W Henry and Tom Werner, had hoped to make the first managerial appointment of their reign a permanent one. They are believed to have examined the credentials of a number of candidates, including the Porto manager Andre Villas Boas and Marseille’s Didier Deschamps.

The difficulty and cost associated with enticing the right long-term appointment midway through the season, however, has now forced FSG to rethink their strategy, with the group now thought to favour introducing an interim manager before installing their preferred candidate in June.

Liverpool’s fans made clear their belief that Dalglish should be handed the position, in the short-term at least, during Wednesday night’s defeat to Wolves, offering ironic chants of “Hodgson for England” and singing the Scot’s name. That Anfield yesterday recorded its lowest Premier League attendance since 2004 — just 35,400 watched the game — is an equally telling statistic.

Dalglish had hoped to be offered the manager’s job, which he occupied between 1985 and 1991, after the dismissal of Rafael Benitez last summer, informing the club’s then hierarchy that he would happily take charge until owners to replace the despised regime of Tom Hicks and George Gillett could be found.

It is likely that, with Liverpool marooned in mid-table despite beating Owen Coyle’s side, Dalglish would be prepared to take the post on a similarly temporary basis. Certainly, should FSG decide to install a caretaker other than the Scot, they are likely to face a backlash from an already unsettled fan-base.

Hodgson, for his part, remains committed to fighting for his post and yesterday indicated he felt he retained the ongoing support of Henry and Werner, though his remarks were anything but conclusive.

“I guess so,” replied the Liverpool manager when asked whether he believed he retained the faith of the club’s owners. “I spoke to the owners before the game. They wished me well for the game and sympathised with the frustration I felt after the defeat to Wolves.

“I do not know if this was a game we had to win, but we certainly had to play well. I know about all of the negativity but it does not affect me. If we had won on Wednesday night we would be right up there and I would be being asked about the Champions League. Because we did not, I am being asked about the negativity.” The 63-year-old is rather more adamant on the subject of his relationship with his players, with FSG believed to be concerned at his apparent failure to coax better form out of the likes of Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard.

“I know when players are behind a club and behind their manager,” he said.

“And I know when they are not. Anyone who seriously suggests after watching us play in these six months that there are any problems on the front is being dishonest. I am satisfied that the team gave the performance they want, I want and the fans want.”

Liverpool plot double January swoop on Stoke and Villa - whether Hodgson stays or not

Published 23:59 01/01/11 By Alan Nixon

Liverpool’s new American owners are ready to bankroll bids for Stoke City’s Ryan Shawcross and Aston Villa’s Ashley Young – whether Roy Hodgson stays or not.

Top talent-spotter Damien Comolli will be in charge of Liverpool signings this month as the Kop chiefs draw up their plans regardless of Hodgson’s future at the club.

Comolli has lined up a bid for Young, fighting Manchester United in the £15million race, while he and Hodgson watched centre-half Shawcross in action last week. But United could also mess up that deal – they have the first option on Shawcross, a former reserve at Old Trafford.

The Anfield regime are looking to invest in the best young British players. Top target is England Under-21 striker Daniel Sturridge, who has told Chelsea he wants to go to Liverpool on loan after making just two league starts in two seasons at Stamford Bridge.

Anfield chairman Tom Werner and supremo John Henry believe the best way forward is to land rising stars, a policy that was begun when Kenny Dalglish took a hand to recruit Raheem Sterling from QPR and Charlton’s Jonjo Shelvey.

The review of Liverpool’s spending tactics under Rafa Benitez proved to the Kop chiefs that they had to get back to the ‘old’ Anfield ways of finding domestic talent and bringing them through.

Young’s camp know that Liverpool want him even if Hodgson goes so that deal could go through despite any possible managerial upheaval in the next few weeks.

Brazilian Lucas Leiva is being offered a surprise escape route from Liverpool by Spanish side Villarreal.

The La Liga outfit have lost playmaker Marcos Senna for 10 weeks to a thigh injury and have contacted the Reds about a potential £4m transfer.

Lucas joined from Gremio in July 2007 for £12.7m and struggled to make an impression, although his form has improved and Villarreal have been watching his progress.

They have now decided he is the sort of player they are seeking to help them cope with Senna’s absence.

relax.

everybody deserves a chance. he has got his n he has squandered it. we are now in more ways than one, justified to axe him.

dun start writing ppl off before they even start their job. be fair and give everybody a chance and benefit of the doubt.

i would really hate it if i'm employed and before i even started working, i am already looked down upon and belittled.

bro rodz have a heart la!
    he just doesnt have the cut to be LFC manager in the 1st place...let alone be a LFC manager for 6mths...its a big big mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    It was a big mistake to let Rafa go if we could not get someone better.
    i agree...even if rb was a let down in his final season...during his time,we know we wont lose to wolves and blackpool at home...

raf999 isn't any better and the gamble to hire RH as a stopgap solution clearly din't pay off.

anyway, we r only fans and decisions are made by the board.
    rb is definitely better...look at his cv...

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    whoever is the manager will get our backings, for some periods, they need some time to achieve results.

anyway, since RH cannot do it, i hope tonite we buang, so that his head will roll......... 3 points for a maybe better manager will be good.
    lets hope a new manager comes in asap so that im interested to watch LFC games again...im so cant be bothered to even know the results...i knew the wolves defeat 2 days after the game...nothing new with RH incharge...

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast