Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242932333435363944 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *51* - YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

Default Re: Liverpool football club *51* - YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    just give him the golden axe
    waclassic from sega megadrive.

one of my favourite games back then!

bareknuckle!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

cc lousy news source..
    not only rh havent tio golden axed, but seem to be signing new winger!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media...-french-winger

another lefty, after he oreadi signed konchesky, aurelio..

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    cc lousy news source..
    not only rh havent tio golden axed, but seem to be signing new winger!

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media...-french-winger

another lefty, after he oreadi signed konchesky, aurelio..
    wonder is that comolli signing or RH?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    just give him the golden axe

He waiting for cheesecake to return his golden g string

lol

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    He waiting for cheesecake to return his golden g string
    speaking of cc and his gees, i wonder where someone got the inspiration fr..

Korean star Cha overboard on Ljungberg underwear l

rh still has not left the bldg..

Frank Rijkaard to take over RH?

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    Frank Rijkaard to take over RH?

!!! ... close to desperation already...... cheescake should have taken over long ago.. I mean... looking at the record of RH how worse can it get... ????

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    !!! ... close to desperation already...... cheescake should have taken over long ago.. I mean... looking at the record of RH how worse can it get... ????
    yep, cheesecake would have done a better job as gaffer.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    yep, cheesecake would have done a better job as gaffer.
    And instead of golden axe, it would have been golden ...... LOL

RH claims the players are behind him

does it mean that they will be stabbing him from behind?

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    speaking of cc and his gees, i wonder where someone got the inspiration fr..

Korean star Cha overboard on Ljungberg underwear l

rh still has not left the bldg..

Marveaux to seal Reds move
    December 30, 2010

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux is reportedly close to a move to Liverpool after being spotted in the club's directors' box for Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Marveaux, 24, was a guest of Liverpool as they slumped to another damaging defeat under Roy Hodgson, but the imminent arrival of the Frenchman is rare cause for optimism at Anfield at present.

Liverpool appear to be on the brink of signing the midfielder, who last season scored an impressive ten goals in 35 games for Rennes. His tally this season stands at one from ten games.

Marveaux, who has been compared to Chelsea star Florent Malouda, is out of contract at the end of the season and therefore represents good value for money for a Reds hierarchy keen to avoid excessive transfer fees.

While the Frenchman could boost Liverpool's options in January, it has also been denied that the club are willing to sell Danish defender Daniel Agger when the transfer window opens.

Wolfsburg sporting director Dieter Hoeness had been quoted as saying that: "We have been offered a chance to buy Daniel Agger, but politely rejected it. It is my impression he is a player who is being offered to clubs around Europe at the moment."

However, his agent, Per Steffensen responded: "I'm surprised by the things I hear. If a club wants to get rid of a player the most obvious thing is that the clubs goes to the player and tell him about their plans. That has not happened."

Tony Barrett The Times

Liverpool’s owners are running out of patience with Roy Hodgson. The Fenway Sports Group (FSG) wants to see a revival in fortunes on the field or the manager may face the consequences.

While sympathetic with the challenges that Hodgson has faced since taking over as Liverpool manager from Rafael Benítez last July, FSG is concerned that the 63-year-old has yet to deliver.

While the Americans remain reluctant to make a managerial change halfway through the season, they are believed to have been far from impressed with Hodgson’s suggestion that he hoped the club’s “fans would become supporters” after the dismal 1-0 home defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Wednesday.

Hodgson will face the press again today ahead of Liverpool’s home match with Bolton Wanderers tomorrow. He must produce a much improved performance from his side to stop his position becoming untenable. Liverpool already have their lowest points total going into the new year since the 1953-54 season, which ended in relegation.

Since their takeover of Liverpool in October, FSG has placed great store by its relationship with the club’s fans and have demanded that the lead they have taken on this front is followed at all levels. The manager’s reaction to chants calling for his removal has put him at odds with his employers and their direction.

John W. Henry and Tom Werner, the FSG founders, have not wavered in their public support of Hodgson despite him not being appointed by them. Their backing, however, has been put to its most serious test by almost total breakdown in the former Fulham manager’s relationship with the Liverpool supporters.

In the immediate aftermath of the loss to Wolves, Hodgson made plain his dissatisfaction at the lack of support he is receiving from the Liverpool fans — chants of “Hodgson for England” resounded around Anfield during Liverpool’s fourth defeat in their last six Barclays Premier League matches — stating that he has had to make do with the backing of his players.

“I have been lucky the support I have had has been from the players and within the club,” Hodgson said. “I haven’t had a lot of support from the fans ever since I came here.

“The fans have not been happy with what they have seen in the whole of 2010 and since I came here we have not won enough games to keep them happy.

“That is understandable in the sense that they were hoping when I came here the latter part of last season would be forgotten and we would start flying again. That hasn’t happened and as a result, as manager, you are the one in the firing line, but of course it doesn’t make the job easier because it makes the players more nervous.

“I can only say as a manager you have to understand that fans care for their club and want it to do well and when it is not doing well they voice their disapproval.”

One departure from Liverpool has already been confirmed with Eduardo Macia, the club’s chief scout, leaving by mutual consent.

Macia’s exit is not unexpected and has been seen as a formality after the arrival of Damien Comolli as director of football strategy in November.

hopeless RH might get a pop with bolton.

Liverpool owners line up Kenny Dalglish as boss Roy Hodgson faces win or bust clash with Bolton

By Dominic King
    Last updated at 11:00 PM on 30th December 2010

Liverpool owners have reached breaking point with under-fire manager Roy Hodgson. Only a victory against Bolton at Anfield on Saturday is likely to save him following the shambolic defeat by Wolves which led to fans calling for him to be sacked.

With Hodgson seemingly on the brink after just six months, the club have even been forced to deny claims he has already left.

If the patience of owners Fenway Sports Group runs out, Kop hero Kenny Dalglish is a ready-made candidate for a caretaker role with a view to assuming a senior boardroom position once a permanent replacement has been found.

Damien Comolli, the club’s director of football strategy, is responsible for identifying the next Anfield boss and the search has taken on fresh urgency after the appalling display in the 1-0 defeat at home on Wednesday against a team who were then bottom of the Barclays Premier League.

The American owners are populists and their eagerness to make the right impression with fans following their takeover in October puts Hodgson on borrowed time, although his good relationship with Comolli is working for him at the moment.

With Liverpool only three points above the relegation zone and having suffered eight defeats in the league already, tomorrow’s game against Bolton has taken on huge significance and a loss will leave the club little room for manoeuvre.

However, Hodgson’s precarious position will not affect Liverpool’s intentions for the January transfer window as Comolli is in charge of recruitment now that chief scout Eduardo Macia has left. Comolli will be backed to sign as many as four players.

A £1.5million deal for Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux is in place and Comolli will have a pivotal role to play in shaping Liverpool’s long-term future.

Although Dalglish may be given a temporary role in charge he and the other fans’ favourite, Rafa Benitez, are not under consideration to take over on a permanent basis.

Hodgson faces an enormous challenge to raise his badly deflated players for the Bolton game, which starts a defining run of five matches in 15 days.

Liverpool face a trip to Blackburn followed by an FA Cup third-round tie against Manchester United before league games against Blackpool and Everton

He is adamant the players are still with him but Hodgson is unlikely to find any sympathy from the terraces tomorrow.

The 63-year-old said: ‘I have been lucky. The support I have had has been from the players and within the club. I haven’t had a lot of support from the fans ever since I came here. The fans have not been happy with what they have seen in the whole of 2010.’

so sad, he didnt get the golden axe