Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Star Wars Episode 3

  1. #1

    Default Star Wars Episode 3

    the date has been announced.. world-wide release May 2005.. one year from now..

    what took them so long?? the last instalment was released in 2002!.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    erm, dude... or dudette (just to be PC), if you follow the history of SW, Lucas always releases his sequels 3 years in a row. EP1 was in 1999, EP2 was 2002, so no surprise EP3 is 2005.

  3. #3

    Default

    Has the name of Episode 3 decided yet?

  4. #4

    Default

    revenge of the sliths?

  5. #5

    Default

    watever it is, epsiode 4,5,6 will always be the best.... i'm a die hard fan of SW. but throughout the yrs of the new ones...seriously....nothing can be compared to those made in the 70's..... amazing.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    watever it is, epsiode 4,5,6 will always be the best.... i'm a die hard fan of SW. but throughout the yrs of the new ones...seriously....nothing can be compared to those made in the 70's..... amazing.
    i agree wholeheartly, there is just something magic about the 70s and 80s and all the CGs and other stuff just dun make it nowadays

    i used to respect master Yoda when i was a kid until the last movie, now when i see him i just wanna laugh, the sabre scene with Count 'Cooko'

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Log on to the Star Wars website for the latest updates.
    Yes, I enjoyed 4,5,6 more than 1 and 2. 1 and 2 too much CGI, too fake. Either that or our expectations have grown.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    i agree wholeheartly, there is just something magic about the 70s and 80s and all the CGs and other stuff just dun make it nowadays

    i used to respect master Yoda when i was a kid until the last movie, now when i see him i just wanna laugh, the sabre scene with Count 'Cooko'
    no doubt. although i was not borned during that era, when i watched it still, it was really, like u said, something magical abt it ah. starwars fans became starwars fans becos of those, not the present ones. the overlydone CG and bad plots really killed the entire chain of starwars triliogy....lucas' getting old.....

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    no doubt. although i was not borned during that era, when i watched it still, it was really, like u said, something magical abt it ah. starwars fans became starwars fans becos of those, not the present ones. the overlydone CG and bad plots really killed the entire chain of starwars triliogy....lucas' getting old.....

    and out of his mind!

    i still cannot believe the title of EP1

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    i agree wholeheartly, there is just something magic about the 70s and 80s and all the CGs and other stuff just dun make it nowadays

    i used to respect master Yoda when i was a kid until the last movie, now when i see him i just wanna laugh, the sabre scene with Count 'Cooko'
    CG? the orginal 4,5,6 dun have much CG. they edited it in only a few years later. eg, the orginal java is a human rather than what u see now

  11. #11
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    by and large, most SW fans agree that 4,5& 6, even tho not as flashy as 1&2, are classics due to a strong storyline. i've watched 1 and bits of 2. very disappointing lor... not storyline. i thot the romance bits got played a bit out of hand....

    also, most of us know how the story will end. so, it sorta kills the anticipation of events when watching 1&2.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    by and large, most SW fans agree that 4,5& 6, even tho not as flashy as 1&2, are classics due to a strong storyline. i've watched 1 and bits of 2. very disappointing lor... not storyline. i thot the romance bits got played a bit out of hand....

    also, most of us know how the story will end. so, it sorta kills the anticipation of events when watching 1&2.
    i think if someone says he's a diehard fan of SW, by my definition, if he starts to praise 1,2 and the upcoming 3, then he oughts to be slayed by the jedi council (old one).... seriously man.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Episodes 1, 2 don't have as much 'rewatchability value' as Ep 4, 5 & 6.

    But CG wise, the original trilogy pales in comparison. The Special Edition of Episode 4 killed much of the originality (especially the part when Hans Solo blasted away Greedo in the Cantina without breathing a word, it was pretty cool and matched his profile of a smuggler).

    Vrong! Vrong!!! Expect lotsa Kodak moments when Star Wars Ep 3 opens next year. The Cosplay community will probably be out in full force. Photo-cum-movie outing anyone?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    i agree wholeheartly, there is just something magic about the 70s and 80s and all the CGs and other stuff just dun make it nowadays

    i used to respect master Yoda when i was a kid until the last movie, now when i see him i just wanna laugh, the sabre scene with Count 'Cooko'
    Anyway, it's fun to see Yoda in action, rather den to hear him talk about the Force with all his principles and rules and how Obi-wan praised him as a 'master swordsman' when we dun even see him igniting his lightsaber in the first place.

    Hell of an eye-opener. But the ending spoilt everything.... Although Anakin was unconscious, Obi-wan wasn't, I thought he could have deflected the falling pillar with his own powers. Kinda spoiled the show when the Master had to help the disciple push away a teeny-whiny pillar...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    revenge of the sliths?
    Jar Jar Binks Strikes Back.

  16. #16
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Default

    Actually, there are a total of 9 episodes of for Star Wars series.

    After the Emperor is defeated at Part 6 : Return of the Jedi;
    on Part 7, the Republic is restore, Luke Skywalker set up the Jedi Acadamy, Jedi Knights was created, Princess Leia is pregant with 2 Jedi twins, but the Queen of darkness strike back to revenge the Emperor, and the story goes on....

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    Actually, there are a total of 9 episodes of for Star Wars series.

    After the Emperor is defeated at Part 6 : Return of the Jedi;
    on Part 7, the Republic is restore, Luke Skywalker set up the Jedi Acadamy, Jedi Knights was created, Princess Leia is pregant with 2 Jedi twins, but the Queen of darkness strike back to revenge the Emperor, and the story goes on....
    think this was the original plan of Lucas, to release 9 movies altogether, but I thought the 3 'sequels' are scrapped already?

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Anyway, my worst fear in life now is that I die before Episode 3 come out !
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    think this was the original plan of Lucas, to release 9 movies altogether, but I thought the 3 'sequels' are scrapped already?
    scrapped?? no worry, can ask john woo to take over the 3 sequels..

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d2
    Anyway, my worst fear in life now is that I die before Episode 3 come out !

    that was what i fear too! also if George kick the bucket before 2005.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •