Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rome/Florence/Venice

No preference for cards however more moving towards the chipped cards. Some online payments for euro stuff require u to have the pin for ur credit card as well. Previous trip to parts of Spain n London required identification while paying through credit card, however trip last year didn't have such incidents happening again.

I would say all tourists r targets for pick pockets...not just Asians...if anything they dislike Americans... *shrugs*

On top of liquor, do get drinking water from supermarkets as well. It's cheap there, elsewhere is pricey.

Default Re: Rome/Florence/Venice

@lookingeyes & all,

as promise - some shots to share. Sorry I din knw how to attach some here.
    so the link - http://nicolephoto.wordpress.com

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babycherie View Post
    @lookingeyes & all,

as promise - some shots to share. Sorry I din knw how to attach some here.
    so the link - http://nicolephoto.wordpress.com

thanks
    Hello babycherie..

tq for sharing yr pics...it brings back pleasant memories....

ciao...
    lookingeyes

oh i see.. thanks I was reading that there are differences in the charges between the exchange rates among the cards.. trying to get the best deal when i pay by CC. thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by lOOkingEyes View Post
    Hi Droozy

Yes, I used my Cr card for payments such as Eurostar, Hotels. Other expenses were paid by cash. There is no preference for any card.

ciao...

Hi guys, do you need any vaccination or visas when traveling to france italy spain or the UK?

Dont think so...

Oh thanks. Was worrying about that few weeks ago. Flying off to europe this weekend for 2 weeks. Kinda worrying more on the safety more than what im gonna do there. haha.

@gohjialong: don't worry just careful with ur stuffs n ignore those approach u. It's turn out fine for me n family.

Quote Originally Posted by babycherie View Post
    @gohjialong: don't worry just careful with ur stuffs n ignore those approach u. It's turn out fine for me n family.
    thx. im back already and im glad that nothing bad generally happened to me and my fren while we were over there. most of the time kept my bag in front of me (a little tiring but i really think that helped). Pple who approached us, we really didnt care and walk away. nobody really bumped into us or whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    thx. im back already and im glad that nothing bad generally happened to me and my fren while we were over there. most of the time kept my bag in front of me (a little tiring but i really think that helped). Pple who approached us, we really didnt care and walk away. nobody really bumped into us or whatsoever.
    Hi welcome back...post some pic to share lei...

Unfortunately, all my travel pics in Clubsnap collasped...seems like there is some hardware issue...and it has been almost a month ...sad...

Quote Originally Posted by lOOkingEyes

Hi welcome back...post some pic to share lei...

Unfortunately, all my travel pics in Clubsnap collasped...seems like there is some hardware issue...and it has been almost a month ...sad...
    That's sad to hear... I'm gonna post some pics but it ain't gonna be processed or of any quality cos I didn't take the trip as a photography trip this time so I just snap what I saw

btw do u have to bring yr own lappy or portable photo storage for the photos ?
    R there pcs in the hotels for us to backup or download the photos from SD cards ?
    Or do u suggest me to buy more SDcards instead ?
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by droozy View Post
    btw do u have to bring yr own lappy or portable photo storage for the photos ?
    R there pcs in the hotels for us to backup or download the photos from SD cards ?
    Or do u suggest me to buy more SDcards instead ?
    thanks!
    if you are really worried abt your memory cards storing your photos being lost due to memory card malfunction of whatever of that sort, i suggest get good ones and dont really worry abt it too much.

i cant see your link l00king eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Joelle06 View Post
    i cant see your link l00king eyes
    Hi..ya very sad all my pictures with Clubsnap were gone, Clubsnap servers were down for a very long time...
    dont think they have any intention to recover them....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345