Thread: Quest on fixed wide angle lens.

West area

Default Quest on fixed wide angle lens.

Hi to all out there,

I would like to find out from you guys whats is your take on having one of the lens mention below:

EF20mm f/2.8 USM
    EF28mm f/1.8 USM
    EF24mm f/2.8
    EF28mm f/2.8

Bases on the canon site, first two lens is USM and the other two is AFD motor. Is it worth to get either one of this lenses? Well, my system now is 500D and 50mm f/1.4 lens only. Looking into another wide angle. So pls do give me some advice on which to get.
    Im into portrait and landscape. Hope to hear some comments on the lens mention.

Pasir Ris

Default Re: Quest on fixed wide angle lens.

USM is irrelevant for your purposes. Landscapes usually don't move much, plenty of time to focus.
    What reviews have you read so far? 20mm is really wide and nice - if you know how to handle such wide lenses. There is a sticky somewhere about handling UWA lenses, still applies to the 20mm. If unsure about the focal length just borrow a kit lens and see how it looks at various focal lengths.

Default Re: Quest on fixed wide angle lens.

I have tried the 20mmf2.8. It is a lovely wide and light lens. But still not as wide as I would love to have. On a 500D, remember to factor in the resultant crop.

How about those UWA zooms