Thread: How to shoot Lou Han Fish in fish tank?

Default How to shoot Lou Han Fish in fish tank?

Dear All,

My mum request me to take pictures of her Luo Han fish in a fish tank. My set up as below:

Nikon F80
    24-85mm AFS
    Manfrotto 055pro tripod
    Giottos Ball head

Can i just use Fill Flash to capture the image? I am afraid there will be reflections which will ruin the picture. I dun have a sync cord for my SB-80dx.

I am also thinking of using Infra Red sync between my built-in flash and SB-80dx. As both flashes will go off at the same time, i am thinking of taping my built-in flash with black tape to prevent it from reflections wheres my SB-80dx will be put on top of the fish tank. Will this work?

Please help.

Thank you.

Nobody got experience in taking pictures under such situation?

Usually for taking fish in aquarium, I do not use flash...instead use slower shutter with AFC..If u are shooting film it will be damn difficult cos the motion of the Louhan is hard to control and predict...u may want to cover up ur back when u are taking the tank...reflections will show through...furthermore I will utilise Polariser filter to get a better shot through the glass...

u may read up more in Arowana Club Forums or the Arofanatics Forum where I frequent - so as to read up those dummy guide to fish photography