Thread: Info of Olumpus OM1 or 2

Default Info of Olumpus OM1 or 2

Hi all,

I am considering to get one of these for BnW shooting.

Anyone of you own one of these? What its price range? Lens as well (will it be as xpansive a Nikon prime lens?) Any other lens can be use on this camera?

Thanks alot
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Default Info of Olumpus OM1 or 2

Well these years seldom ppl talk about the OM series...long forgotten ? Not sure. The OM1 is a classic manual body using the mecury cell (hard to find)for metering and well known for its silent shutter. As for the OM-2, it has the aperature mode and accurate metering especially for long exposures. To find any of these and the original lenses in good condition is rare and they don't come cheap. Many collectors or users tend to keep it for its compactness and quality.

Of course you could use 3rd party lenses like the Tamron, Tokina , etc...they fit well depending on your needs and budget.

Good luck...happy shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by Teo
    Well these years seldom ppl talk about the OM series...long forgotten ? Not sure. The OM1 is a classic manual body using the mecury cell (hard to find)for metering and well known for its silent shutter. As for the OM-2, it has the aperature mode and accurate metering especially for long exposures. To find any of these and the original lenses in good condition is rare and they don't come cheap. Many collectors or users tend to keep it for its compactness and quality.

Of course you could use 3rd party lenses like the Tamron, Tokina , etc...they fit well depending on your needs and budget.

Good luck...happy shooting...

Hi Teo,

Really thanks for your reply

Which is a better choice? OM1 or 2?

Somewhere out there selling $350 for these two model and OM1 come with a 50mm lens and OM2 it just body alone. Is the price good?

Tg.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!