Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 424

Thread: D7000 Discussion Thread III

  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat View Post
    REFUND

    After fighting for almost one week.
    I got refund form my D7K, that suffers from focusing issue and hot pixels.
    I can accept the focusing issue, but the focal point is wrong and they can not fix it.
    Anyway, they agreed to change another set, but I am very disappoint and request refund.
    Finally, they agree. So I will wait another half an year and see how.
    So, frankly there is not winner. both sides are frustrated because the poor quality.
    By the way, I will go to IPhoto again to return that D7K and get refund from them.
    So I am not sure this poor set will be sold again and not.
    Be careful!!!!!
    Hi Guys:
    Just now, Nikon call me that I misunderstood them. The refund is done by dealer not Nikon. Frankly, this is an un pleasure conversation, because someboday call them and request refund. So they insist that the refund is not done by Nikon and I misleading you guys. Actually, I heard from Nikon service center that they must talk to sales department when I ask them to refund. Anyway, I MISUNDERSTOOD that the refund is done by Nikon. Anyway, refund is not my true objective. In future maybe I will buy D7K again in half year later. But why they release such camera in rush without QC. And the camera was sent to them two time within one week. I have been using Nikon for almost ten years. This is really unhappy experience. As I said there is no winner for both sides.
    Last edited by ziggurat; 1st December 2010 at 05:12 PM.

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    ok.... just a clarification.

    nikon SG does not do refund. your refund is from iPhoto cos you went to complain with them, not nikon. so if iPhoto refunds you, that iPhoto's prerogative.
    Are you Nikon Singapore???.
    OK, I misunderstand.
    But is this what you want to see?
    What is the fundamental difference between refund from Nikon or dealer?
    Who is the winner?
    Nikon, iPhoto or me?

  3. #123

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Why so heat up?? nightwolf75 just wanna inform us that Nikon doesn't do refund... that's it...

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat View Post
    Are you Nikon Singapore???.
    OK, I misunderstand.
    But is this what you want to see?
    What is the fundamental difference between refund from Nikon or dealer?
    Who is the winner?
    Nikon, iPhoto or me?

  4. #124

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat View Post
    Are you Nikon Singapore???.
    OK, I misunderstand.
    But is this what you want to see?
    What is the fundamental difference between refund from Nikon or dealer?
    Who is the winner?
    Nikon, iPhoto or me?
    Either super Nikon fans or from Nikon..?

    Anyway, we buy Nikon d7000. Not iPhoto d7000. So not wrong to say that Nikon refund. Just that their refund channel is their poor agent like iPhoto Coz Nikon don't want to absorb the profit margin as loss.

    I agree. No winner.
    For me, I am waiting for an exchange from next batch as promised.
    It is just to troublesome to switch to other brand although many did that.

    If Nikon really appreciate the customer, they should provide refund as an option.

    Really a bad move by Nikon for releasing such a bad qc product this time.
    Last edited by jackychua; 1st December 2010 at 05:34 PM.

  5. #125
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,862
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat View Post
    Are you Nikon Singapore???.
    OK, I misunderstand.
    But is this what you want to see?
    What is the fundamental difference between refund from Nikon or dealer?
    Who is the winner?
    Nikon, iPhoto or me?
    oh... how i wish i was. then i dun have to buy my gears.

    but since i am not.... the fundamental difference is that a refund is a private deal between you and iPhoto. nikon doesn't sell direct to customers, and AFAIK (i might be wrong) neither do the other camera makers in SG. it is usually done via shops... or at least, this is the procedures when i order canon cameras for my school. so, iPhoto refunds you, that's their problem. and, in my opinion, you won.

    as in any products, there will always be initial teething problems... the curse of early adopters. i can name you iPhone 4, and iPad as the most recent examples cos i was unfortunately among the early adopters. yeah... you can bitch, you can moan abt the QC everything... but, if you want to be the early adopter of anything, you have to bear the risks.

    i am not going to deny the initial problems of the D7000. but let me ask you - are you the majority or the minority among the thousands who have bought it worldwide so far? so far, the D7000 has garner more plaudits from early adopters than complaints, AFAIK. for every person who complain like you, i can read more who praised it.

    and if i might add - a number of CSers are very fond of complaining and bitching abt products... without actually using them, or owning them. these people are merely parroting wat they read from others.

    you started this big hoo-haa because you misrepresented nikon SG. and, don't be a fool to think that nikon (and all other camera makers/shops/etc... in SG) don't read CS. i responded to your post because i received a call who asked the mods for clarification of what you posted. and the mods had to run ard making sure of YOUR misrepresentation. it is good that you have clarified before your misrepresentation creates more problems for nikon and iPhoto. and since you got your money back, i suggest we move on.
    Last edited by nightwolf75; 1st December 2010 at 05:33 PM.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  6. #126

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Let's be on the fair ground here... nightwolf75 is not bashing you for anything other than to correct on the perspective that Nikon does refund.

    Like what he said, since you got your refund request from iphoto, let's move on bah.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

  7. #127

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    I don't think my D7000 is poor quality leh....

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat View Post
    REFUND

    After fighting for almost one week.
    I got refund form my D7K, that suffers from focusing issue and hot pixels.
    I can accept the focusing issue, but the focal point is wrong and they can not fix it.
    Anyway, they agreed to change another set, but I am very disappoint and request refund.
    Finally, they agree. So I will wait another half an year and see how.
    So, frankly there is not winner. both sides are frustrated because the poor quality.
    By the way, I will go to IPhoto again to return that D7K and get refund from them.
    So I am not sure this poor set will be sold again and not.
    Be careful!!!!!

  8. #128

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post
    Let's be on the fair ground here... nightwolf75 is not bashing you for anything other than to correct on the perspective that Nikon does refund.

    Like what he said, since you got your refund request from iphoto, let's move on bah.
    From the post above. I think he is bashing badly...

    I am not sure how he makes conclusion that more people commenting good about d7k.
    Maybe he only read reviews...

    Of course I am not denying that d7k do have some attractive and strong points.

    As for early adopter should bear the risk. I think he is either a very considerate customer. Or Nv be early adopter.

    Just like a380 is a new plane. Those who died if fatal accident happened shouldn't complain?
    Last edited by jackychua; 1st December 2010 at 05:52 PM.

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    oh... how i wish i was. then i dun have to buy my gears.

    but since i am not.... the fundamental difference is that a refund is a private deal between you and iPhoto. nikon doesn't sell direct to customers, and AFAIK (i might be wrong) neither do the other camera makers in SG. it is usually done via shops... or at least, this is the procedures when i order canon cameras for my school. so, iPhoto refunds you, that's their problem. and, in my opinion, you won.

    as in any products, there will always be initial teething problems... the curse of early adopters. i can name you iPhone 4, and iPad as the most recent examples cos i was unfortunately among the early adopters. yeah... you can bitch, you can moan abt the QC everything... but, if you want to be the early adopter of anything, you have to bear the risks.

    i am not going to deny the initial problems of the D7000. but let me ask you - are you the majority or the minority among the thousands who have bought it worldwide so far? so far, the D7000 has garner more plaudits from early adopters than complaints, AFAIK. for every person who complain like you, i can read more who praised it.

    and if i might add - a number of CSers are very fond of complaining and bitching abt products... without actually using them, or owning them. these people are merely parroting wat they read from others.

    you started this big hoo-haa because you misrepresented nikon SG. and, don't be a fool to think that nikon (and all other camera makers/shops/etc... in SG) don't read CS. i responded to your post because i received a call who asked the mods for clarification of what you posted. and the mods had to run ard making sure of YOUR misrepresentation. it is good that you have clarified before your misrepresentation creates more problems for nikon and iPhoto. and since you got your money back, i suggest we move on.
    OK, thanks for clarify.
    But, I am not happy. so am I the winner?

  10. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    From the post above. I think he is bashing badly...

    I am not sure how he makes conclusion that more people commenting good about d7k.
    Maybe he only read reviews...

    Of course I am not denying that d7k do have some attractive and strong points.

    As for early adopter should bear the risk. I think he is either a very considerate customer. Or Nv be early adopter.

    Just like a380 is a new plane. Those who died if fatal accident happened shouldn't complain?
    Just like a380 is a new plane. Those who died if fatal accident happened shouldn't complain?

  11. #131
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    From the post above. I think he is bashing badly...

    I am not sure how he makes conclusion that more people commenting good about d7k.
    Maybe he only read reviews...

    Of course I am not denying that d7k do have some attractive and strong points.

    As for early adopter should bear the risk. I think he is either a very considerate customer. Or Nv be early adopter.

    Just like a380 is a new plane. Those who died if fatal accident happened shouldn't complain?
    cannot use aeroplanes to compare with electronic devices.

    If an early-release iPhone blew up and killed someone, or electrocuted him/her, then that I would consider a totally unacceptable situation. But bugs in software, and faults in functionality for electronic devices... if you look at the big picture of how many occurence per thousand (or million) units, I think it might still be an acceptable number.
    Exploring! :)

  12. #132
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Just went to NSC this morning to purchase a eye cup. Then asked a staff sitting at the redemption counter if he had any idea when is the second batch of D7k coming in.

    He replied:" I had no idea when will the shipment coming in as I am not from the sales department."

    sian....

  13. #133

    Thumbs up Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Here the Pros and Cons for Nikon D7000 according dpreview.com

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond7000/page22.asp

    Conclusion - Pros :
    * Good detail and dynamic range (even better in RAW)
    * Exceptionally low shadow noise in RAW files
    * Arguably the best high ISO performance of any current APS-C DSLR
    * Good build quality and handling
    * Maximum ISO of 25,600 st full resolution
    * 1080p HD video mode with basic editing built-in
    * Efficient Active D-Lighting
    * Comprehensive customization options
    * Large, bright viewfinder with 100% coverage
    * Fast contrast detect Auto Focus in Live View
    * Useful electronic horizon
    * Comprehensive feature set
    * AE metering support for up to 9 'non-CPU' Ai lenses (in P, A, M modes)
    * Twin SD-card slots

    Conclusion - Cons :
    * Tendency to overexpose in bright sunshine/high contrast situations
    * ISO button is poorly positioned, and cannot be assigned to any other control point.
    * Ditto white balance: poorly positioned, cannot be re-assigned
    * Exposure mode dial slightly loose, and easily knocked
    * Shooting mode dial can be awkward to manipulate
    * AF can be hesitant in poor light
    * Auto ISO function is confusing and poorly implemented (but no worse than any other Nikon DSLR)
    * Aperture not adjustable in manual mode in live view (and won't stop up/down in any mode until exposure).


    But there's no mention about focusing issue like ziggurat said above , anyway do you agree about the pros and cons list ?
    Last edited by biskandar; 1st December 2010 at 05:54 PM.

  14. #134
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat View Post
    Just like a380 is a new plane. Those who died if fatal accident happened shouldn't complain?
    The D7000 does not kill you.

    In fact you were offered a replacement camera and refused but insisted a refund. So what is there to complain when you also have a refund from the dealer.

    You got what you want - not winner? and yet what to go chest trumping here and make a racket? Yet try to stir trouble here?

    Move on or out
    Last edited by chngpe01; 1st December 2010 at 05:59 PM.

  15. #135

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    The D7000 does not kill you.

    In fact you were offered a replacement camera and refused but insisted a refund. So what is there to complain when you also have a refund from the dealer. Yet try to stir trouble here?

    Move on
    I think he is not stirring. Nothing benefit him if he did so. He is just updating. Just that some cs senior members are sensitive. Although it is none of their business?

  16. #136

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    ziggurat, you're definitely unhappy here.

    Rather than adding fuel to fire to bash on this rather 'straight forward' situation we've got here, I suggest you take some times to calm down, then look at the whole post again.

    Look on the brighter side, you're getting your money back at least.

    Further bashing on both directions will yield nothing but an ugly side of ours. After all, this discussion threads are not created for bashing, but to serve as a discussion platform for all D7000 owner on functionality and problems.

    As for the rest, I guess we should get on with the business on our photography
    Last edited by PaulKami; 1st December 2010 at 06:02 PM.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

  17. #137

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post
    ziggurat, you're definitely unhappy here.

    Rather than adding fuel to fire to bash on this rather 'straight forward' situation we've got here, I suggest you take some times to calm down, then look at the whole post again.

    Look on the brighter side, you're getting your money back at least.

    As for the rest, I guess we should get on with the business on our photography
    Yeap. Calm down. Definitely have to move on.
    For those who are not involved in the matter. Dun poke.

  18. #138
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by jackychua View Post
    From the post above. I think he is bashing badly...

    I am not sure how he makes conclusion that more people commenting good about d7k.
    Maybe he only read reviews...

    Of course I am not denying that d7k do have some attractive and strong points.

    As for early adopter should bear the risk. I think he is either a very considerate customer. Or Nv be early adopter.

    Just like a380 is a new plane. Those who died if fatal accident happened shouldn't complain?
    From your previous posts you have already got a replacement camera and yet coming into this forum to stir up more sentiment against the D7000. Alot of members here already post their views and contrary to yours and yet you persistently coming in bring in a know issue? Seriously what is your agenda?

    If there is a need to discuss do it constructively.

  19. #139

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    To start a new discussion, would like to ask if anyone's using an external audio receiver (aka mic) for their video?

    Also would anyone like to share their video taking settings? I believe we've got ALOT to talk about for this, as I realised it myself that this topic is really heavy +_+
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

  20. #140

    Default Re: D7000 Discussion Thread III

    Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    From your previous posts you have already got a replacement camera and yet coming into this forum to stir up more sentiment against the D7000. Alot of members here already post their views and contrary to yours and yet you persistently coming in bring in a know issue? Seriously what is your agenda?

    If there is a need to discuss do it constructively.

    Good one!!! This has to come from the mod. And I also realise those who comment his previous posts has given up. What a joke when A380 appears in D7000 thread.

    Edited, just to add, the non of their business you stated is too offensive! You meant we should not provide our view in this open forum, if so, why are you posting? Any business of yours?
    Last edited by Rc311; 1st December 2010 at 06:50 PM.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •