Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    what is your required minimum focus distance? Bro... some dudes did let go the AF-S 60 at about 600 leh... no warranty of course... not too long ago.

Also, you should also give your 50 f/1.8 a try... if you're not shooting insects, small items may work since you do not require thin DOF. min focus dist for 50mm f/1.8 is about 0.45m leh... This is a pretty sharp lens that's why some peeps are converting it for macro photography by adding a raynox and extension tube...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    bro,if not shooting insects,y not try the 50mm with ext tube?i tried it before and it works pretty fine,just that focusing distance becomes damn close,not useful for insects

Ok guys. Your suggestions noted with thanks! My 35/1.8 is the closest-focusing lens I have now, at about 0.2_ m MFD.
    extension tube... hmmm never thought of that
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Ok guys. Your suggestions noted with thanks! My 35/1.8 is the closest-focusing lens I have now, at about 0.2_ m MFD.
    I'd try all the lenses if I were you, since it's not about tiny insects anyway. Try until you've exhausted all possibilities then worry about what other lenses to buy. I think I can even use my 10-24 for product shoot - gonna try after I finished building my next model kit...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Bro Lawrance, what is the outcome for tmr shooting?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Popped by CP earlier on today. Made some clarifications on the price of the Lee filters.
    Big Stopper : $200
    Lee foundation kit : $120
    Wide angle adaptor ring : $80
    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    ebay lor, but the pricing is still cheaper at CP, if i aint wrong for ebay the foundation kit is arnd SGD$170 or 190....
    Originally I thought the foundation kit is everything you will need to mount filters. You still need to get the adapter ring to mount onto the lens and the in turn the foundation kit will be mounted onto it.

I think this quote jeezuinn got from cp is actually pretty decent. Quite comparable.
    Check out these parts from a uk site. I have checked, they don't deliver to sg.
    lee-foundation-kit
    lee-wide-angle-adaptor-ring-77mm
    lee-big-stopper
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Originally I thought the foundation kit is everything you will need to mount filters. You still need to get the adapter ring to mount onto the lens and the in turn the foundation kit will be mounted onto it.

I think this quote jeezuinn got from cp is actually pretty decent. Quite comparable.
    lee-foundation-kit
    lee-big-stopper
    yup thats write, u need the adapter ring to mount the holder, either that or u can get the hitech filter holder, thou not at as good in finishing as the Lee but better than the Cokin or Tianya....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post

lee-foundation-kit
    lee-big-stopper
    i am able to get it ship over to singapore from uk.

yup thats write, u need the adapter ring to mount the holder, either that or u can get the hitech filter holder, thou not at as good in finishing as the Lee but better than the Cokin or Tianya....
    haha get the hitech filter holder n ring in singapore
    get the Big Stopper from uk.

estimate, click on the quote to see it properly...

stimated charges to Singapore Item GBP SGD
    Duty GBP 0.00 SGD 0.00
    Taxes GBP 0.00 SGD 0.00
    Shipping (1.00 kg) GBP 13.50 SGD 27.77
    Total shipping charges GBP 13.50 SGD 27.77
    Plus original product value GBP 100.00 SGD 205.75
    Total cost GBP 113.50 SGD 233.53
    Last edited by quizesilver; 30th November 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    "Difficult for beginners shooters like me"..This statement is false proposition..
    err...I still haven't quite figure out how to take a proper fireworks.

You only need about 2 to 3 seconds using f/8... no need too long exposure... Fireworks are pretty bright... The essential part is to shoot in the beginning when there is less smoke... smoke spoils the composition most of the time...
    true.... the smoke kinda of giving the fireworks itself a smoke screen.

Found someone took fireworks of vivo from Mount Faber.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/muzikbug/311115833/
    but you will loose the nice trail of pyrotechnic and the nice reflection if you shoot here.

from the promenade, probably you can get this.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/draken413o/4153010717/

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    i am able to get it ship over to singapore from uk.
    there is a total savings of around $50 dollars and with shipping.... the savings probably half? I don't know. Probably getting it straight from cp maybe a better idea.

Bro Lawrance, what is the outcome for tmr shooting?
    Hi sorry haha! I was reading up on some research materials...

Yes, I scouted the promenade just now (when it was still raining)... They have put up light fixtures against the railings, but in between still have space for you to view. Tomorrow there will be barges on the water where the fireworks will shoot. We could either take the promenade or head up to the rooftop.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

its cheaper to get the big stopper from shop in singapore........
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Blog Entries

Bro, Hitech holder is almost same price as Lee foundation (according to my price quotes from TK). The difference lies in the adapter rings. Yes, even for Hitech you have to buy the adapter ring separate but it is slightly cheaper (around 60+ I think). Hitech holder comes with 2 slots fixed. If you want 3 slots, you need to buy the 3 slot part and replace the 2 slot part. Lee foundation you can screw on (or remove) slots one at a time, up to 3 slots are included in the foundation kit.

To understand how different they are. See:

Hitech and Cokin Z-pro filter holders in detail:
    http://www.jeroenvandaal.nl/hitech.php

One thing to note, the actual filter holder by Hitech is metal. The part where the slots are should be plastic. Lee, all the parts are very hard plastic. Cokin's plastic is softer.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 1st December 2010 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro, Hitech holder is almost same price as Lee foundation (according to my price quotes from TK). The difference lies in the adapter rings. Yes, even for Hitech you have to buy the adapter ring separate but it is slightly cheaper (around 60+ I think). Hitech holder comes with 2 slots fixed. If you want 3 slots, you need to buy the 3 slot part and replace the 2 slot part. Lee foundation you can screw on (or remove) slots one at a time, up to 3 slots are included in the foundation kit.

To understand how different they are. See:

Hitech and Cokin Z-pro filter holders in detail:
    http://www.jeroenvandaal.nl/hitech.php

One thing to note, the actual filter holder by Hitech is metal. The part where the slots are should be plastic. Lee, all the parts are very hard plastic. Cokin's plastic is softer.
    my bad than, sorry to misinform anyone of you bros, wah musr read up again on this thing, cannot rely on my memories of past sites i read... heheeheh
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Yes, I scouted the promenade just now (when it was still raining)... They have put up light fixtures against the railings, but in between still have space for you to view. Tomorrow there will be barges on the water where the fireworks will shoot. We could either take the promenade or head up to the rooftop.
    not very sure on this but I would like to suggest give a thought on having the fireworks reflected off the water surface in the frame. Will going higher easier to capture this or go as low as possible be easier?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Your 50mm is AF-D right? I can lend you the PN-11 tube, but you will need to adjust the aperture manually
    Last edited by jeezuinn; 1st December 2010 at 02:36 AM.

Bro, what time we going to meet?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Good morning bros! I brought my gear out alrdy!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    So good, i cant bring to camp, so must go home and take

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Do remember the remote, tripod and especially the "heart shape with middle hole black card"..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Do remember the remote, tripod and especially the "heart shape with middle hole black card"..
    Haha. No black card. I almost forgot to bring my tripod. A part of me was sying no need to bring. Lucky the sensible part of me told me need tripod.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4