Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Actually what I understand that the black card is used as a delayed opening of the shutter, because after the mechanical shutter of the camera is opened, there is bound to be a small amount of vibration that would tend to affect the sharpness of the photo.

But the black card might not be very useful as the main purpose is to stack multiple fireworks into 1 picture. If the vivocity fireworks is choreographed by pros, most probably the fireworks should be quite complex already, so no need to add more.

As for me, I will shoot at bulb mode with aperture f8-f11 depending on background and off-course lowest ISO (eg: ISO 100).
    Ah...delaying exposure... that's a good trick! Now I understand it's main purpose, other than stacking fireworks...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Yes, there is a possibility of that happening. If that's the case, might as well go over to RWS instead? Will the fireworks be high enough?
    Which part of RWS have better view?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Black card works like this... you see fireworks going up, you press the shutter release (hold).... fireworks captured, you put up the black card in front of the lens, (shutter release still holding)... second set of fireworks going up, you quickly remove the black card for second firework exposure... then you close the shutter (let go the hold) - two sets of fireworks of different timings thanks to the black card...
    Actually what I understand that the black card is used as a delayed opening of the shutter, because after the mechanical shutter of the camera is opened, there is bound to be a small amount of vibration that would tend to affect the sharpness of the photo.

But the black card might not be very useful as the main purpose is to stack multiple fireworks into 1 picture. If the vivocity fireworks is choreographed by pros, most probably the fireworks should be quite complex already, so no need to add more.

As for me, I will shoot at bulb mode with aperture f8-f11 depending on background and off-course lowest ISO (eg: ISO 100).
    Thanks for the detailed explaination. Helps a lot. Then how do you all determine how long to leave the shutter open for correct exposure?

Since the fireworks shoot from the floating bumboat, do you think the best place to shoot is at the rooftop of Vivocity?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

The vanue is at The Promenade, Level 1.

I saw some people take the shot at vivocity level 1, next to the sentosa bridge on last year event.
    I second this. I like to see fireworks over the water and an unblock view. But you might just get many similar photos. Mount Faber seems interesting then.

last year photos.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614172

details and exact location here.
    http://www.vivocity.com.sg/joy/index.php
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Come to think of it RWS (sea face stretch) isn't readily open to public yet because most of that area are still in construction... Maybe not a good idea...

If it's promenade, Vivocity's roof top but it's going to be a helluva lot of people... Otherwise, live with the tree obstructions from Mount Faber... May not need UWA lens coz far enough...

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    I second this. I like to see fireworks over the water and an unblock view. But you might just get many similar photos. Mount Faber seems interesting then.

last year photos.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614172

details and exact location here.
    http://www.vivocity.com.sg/joy/index.php
    So CT, would like to join us??
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

From the looks of the images...they are firing over the water...meaning you can camp on the promenade.... be there early and just camp... Roof top is a possibility as well... grand view actually... UWA will be made use properly since you can shoot straight without tilting upwards... no leaning of buildings...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 30th November 2010 at 02:11 PM.

From the looks of the images...they are firing over the water...meaning you can camp on the promenade.... be there early and just camp... Roof top is a possibility as well... grand view actually...
    So you means we start camp there on 5pm?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

From the looks of the images...they are firing over the water...meaning you can camp on the promenade.... be there early and just camp... Roof top is a possibility as well... grand view actually... UWA will be made use properly since you can shoot straight without tilting upwards... no leaning of buildings...
    If i can make it, i estimate my earliest reaching time to be around 7.30

You think that's bad... I think a lot of visitors might camp there earlier than 5pm! Vivocity are always pretty full even on weekdays these days...

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    If i can make it, i estimate my earliest reaching time to be around 7.30
    Bring your long center column for your N2204 too... I suspect you might need it to overcome the bobbing heads... No choice... dun care tripod vibrate or not, you'll probably gonna need all the height you're going to get...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 30th November 2010 at 02:16 PM.

Bring your long center column for your N2204 too... I suspect you might need it to overcome the bobbing heads... No choice... dun care tripod vibrate or not, you'll probably need all the height you're going to need...
    The tripod is gonna be far taller than me

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    The tripod is gonna be far taller than me
    I know!! Or would you prefer bobbing heads in your images?

When I think this year's NDP fireworks over at MBS... I think of the crowds... it's not going to be just the locals, bros...

I know!! Or would you prefer bobbing heads in your images?
    When I think this year's NDP fireworks over at MBS... I think of the crowds... it's not going to be just the locals, bros...
    Never been to go see fireworks before

So CT, would like to join us??
    really like to but can't.
    Thanks.
    RWS will be best if you have access. But I think shooting from the promenade may not be such a bad idea.
    We still have tonight to scout out the best location to shoot. Probably you should be able to see the barges where they will be launching the fireworks. Use this as a judge.
    Difficult for beginners shooters like me. Tried it in this year NDP rehearsal. Getting the exposure right will be difficult as the intensity of fireworks may vary...
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Thanks.
    RWS will be best if you have access. But I think shooting from the promenade may not be such a bad idea.
    We still have tonight to scout out the best location to shoot. Probably you should be able to see the barges where they will be launching the fireworks. Use this as a judge.
    Difficult for beginners shooters like me. Tried it in this year NDP rehearsal. Getting the exposure right will be difficult as the intensity of fireworks may vary...
    "Difficult for beginners shooters like me"..This statement is false proposition..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

So bro, what is the conclusion?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Thanks.
    You only need about 2 to 3 seconds using f/8... no need too long exposure... Fireworks are pretty bright... The essential part is to shoot in the beginning when there is less smoke... smoke spoils the composition most of the time...