Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222730313233343742 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1008

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

  1. #621

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    o.0 come come show show.. ^^
    still no time to go through my own photos...

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    No point for mine... it's all screwed anyway thanks to the unusual lighting they've put up there.

    But you're welcome to try, don't let me influence your decision.
    I have seen at least one person in cs posted some photos with a more accurate wb.
    I have been trying to do this as the red colour really look weird under those lights.

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post


    dont need to submit, as they submitted a pic for us...
    there are official photographers working for them?
    Last edited by coolthought; 30th November 2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  2. #622
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Anybody plan to have tomorrow firework shoot @ Vivocity?
    What time? What about heading to mount faber for a better view?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  3. #623

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Anybody plan to have tomorrow firework shoot @ Vivocity?
    Quite interested, but most prob won't be able to make it... Around what time will it be?

  4. #624
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    What time? What about heading to mount faber for a better view?
    Great place indeed..so you know the place right?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Quite interested, but most prob won't be able to make it... Around what time will it be?
    Fireworks start at 9pm.
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  5. #625

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Great place indeed..so you know the place right?



    Fireworks start at 9pm.
    9pm... Now i see the possibility. Ill head out get a remote later then, just in case i can make it

  6. #626
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    So let us meet some place which near to mount faber @ around 6pm for dinner..

    Lawrence, any suggest?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  7. #627
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    So let us meet some place which near to mount faber @ around 6pm for dinner..

    Lawrence, any suggest?
    Where will the fireworks be fired from exactly? There are a couple of areas that can be used. Might as well set up early if you want the best spot then TCSS until the time... lolz... pray that the weather holds...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 30th November 2010 at 01:14 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  8. #628
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Can always eat at Seah Imm hawker (bus interchange) then trek up the nature walk...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  9. #629

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Anybody plan to have tomorrow firework shoot @ Vivocity?
    where are they shooting from ?

  10. #630

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    No experience with shooting fireworks. If i can make it this will be a very interesting experience lol

  11. #631
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    No experience with shooting fireworks. If i can make it this will be a very interesting experience lol
    For sure you need your release cable - shoot fireworks cannot use timer one (if you know what I mean)...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  12. #632
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    There is also a bus going to Mount Faber if you don't want to walk (I know it can be quite siong with all the gears). Can park your car / bike at Seah Imm there...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  13. #633
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Where will the fireworks be fired from exactly? There are a couple of areas that can be used. Might as well set up early if you want the best spot then TCSS until the time... lolz... pray that the weather holds...
    The vanue is at The Promenade, Level 1.

    I saw some people take the shot at vivocity level 1, next to the sentosa bridge on last year event.
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  14. #634
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    For sure you need your release cable - shoot fireworks cannot use timer one (if you know what I mean)...
    You also need a black card.

    The main idea for the use of the black card is to capture multiple sets of fireworks into one image.

    Basically, you use long exposures or Bulb mode if your camera allows it.
    In Bulb mode you control the exposure time manually by pressing the shutter button on your camera (or remote if you have one) to open up the shutter and let go to close it.
    The black card comes in when you want to take two sets of fireworks, or more if you want, which go off at an interval into one single image.
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  15. #635

  16. #636

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    You also need a black card.

    The main idea for the use of the black card is to capture multiple sets of fireworks into one image.

    Basically, you use long exposures or Bulb mode if your camera allows it.
    In Bulb mode you control the exposure time manually by pressing the shutter button on your camera (or remote if you have one) to open up the shutter and let go to close it.
    The black card comes in when you want to take two sets of fireworks, or more if you want, which go off at an interval into one single image.
    I was reading up on it, and noticed that people commonly use around f8-11 with exposures of 2-3 secs? I don't quite understand you explanation on when to use the black card though.

    PS: Black card can be just any dark opaque thing right?

  17. #637
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Some people had claim that most angles at Mt Faber are being blocked by trees. The only place might be at a restaurant and not sure they will allow camera and tripod...
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  18. #638
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    I was reading up on it, and noticed that people commonly use around f8-11 with exposures of 2-3 secs? I don't quite understand you explanation on when to use the black card though.

    PS: Black card can be just any dark opaque thing right?
    Black card works like this... you see fireworks going up, you press the shutter release (hold).... fireworks captured, you put up the black card in front of the lens, (shutter release still holding)... second set of fireworks going up, you quickly remove the black card for second firework exposure... then you close the shutter (let go the hold) - two sets of fireworks of different timings thanks to the black card...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  19. #639
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    I was reading up on it, and noticed that people commonly use around f8-11 with exposures of 2-3 secs? I don't quite understand you explanation on when to use the black card though.

    PS: Black card can be just any dark opaque thing right?
    Actually what I understand that the black card is used as a delayed opening of the shutter, because after the mechanical shutter of the camera is opened, there is bound to be a small amount of vibration that would tend to affect the sharpness of the photo.

    But the black card might not be very useful as the main purpose is to stack multiple fireworks into 1 picture. If the vivocity fireworks is choreographed by pros, most probably the fireworks should be quite complex already, so no need to add more.

    As for me, I will shoot at bulb mode with aperture f8-f11 depending on background and off-course lowest ISO (eg: ISO 100).
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  20. #640
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XII

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Some people had claim that most angles at Mt Faber are being blocked by trees. The only place might be at a restaurant and not sure they will allow camera and tripod...
    Yes, there is a possibility of that happening. If that's the case, might as well go over to RWS instead? Will the fireworks be high enough?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •