Thread: photoshop liquify

Default photoshop liquify

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REll3OCahcI

THis is the best liquify tutorial video I have seen yet.
    just sharing.

Default Re: photoshop liquify

just to highlight, liquify is also very useful for landscape shooters, as it can correct: barrel distortion without losing your frame significantly, along with small appearances of keystone distortion, and horizontal perspective distortion (due to lack of being parallel).

photoshop cs5 has definitely improved from cs2 in that less of the frame is lost, but there is still changes in composition (somewhat) if you just apply it liberally. also, when stitching too many UWA frames, there will be a slight fisheye effect (but not exactly) which would need liquify to correct properly. this is applicable even when you use a good stitching program like ptgui, and use the correct methodology to produce the panorama source images.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by emlee View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REll3OCahcI

THis is the best liquify tutorial video I have seen yet.
    just sharing.
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    just to highlight, liquify is also very useful for landscape shooters, as it can correct: barrel distortion without losing your frame significantly, along with small appearances of keystone distortion, and horizontal perspective distortion (due to lack of being parallel).

photoshop cs5 has definitely improved from cs2 in that less of the frame is lost, but there is still changes in composition (somewhat) if you just apply it liberally. also, when stitching too many UWA frames, there will be a slight fisheye effect (but not exactly) which would need liquify to correct properly. this is applicable even when you use a good stitching program like ptgui, and use the correct methodology to produce the panorama source images.
    Thanks for the tips.

oh yes indeed. Thanks night86mare for pointing out. I am not a portrait person. Had been trying for the longest time to figure out how to use liquify for landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by emlee View Post
    oh yes indeed. Thanks night86mare for pointing out. I am not a portrait person. Had been trying for the longest time to figure out how to use liquify for landscape.
    can show you next time if we meet up and have the leisure to chat and whip out laptops and all that.

with cs5 it is much easier, i realise. cs2 max liquify brush seems to be 800 pixels, i always had to resize. with cs5, most of the time, because it is 1500 pixel max size brush, that need to resize and apply mesh is much lessened.

thanks for sharing, emlee! thanks for the tips, too, night86mare!
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr