Thread: Italy, Spain, France

Default Italy, Spain, France

I will be heading to Italy, Spain & France for 14 days during mid-December. The exact route is not planned yet. I am into landscape and street shots. Any must-go locations to recommend? Also, I understand the weather will be pretty cold, hence, any precautions i need to take to protect my gears?

Thank you in advance!

Default Re: Italy, Spain, France

hi I'm in Barcelona now and it's about 15 so quite warm and pleasant. But yesterday when we made a stopover in Milan it was -1 (early morning) with heavy snow. Plane got delayed about 2 hours. Shouldnt be a prob but just bring spare batteries and shield your camera from snow (as you would with rain)

If you're visiting Spain, do visit some of Gaudi's buildings because they are really something. Not exactly street or landscape but certainly worth a shot. I'm not too sure about France or Italy but hope this helps.

stop by Granada in spain! been there twice and i just love the atmosphere. You can visit :
    1) the Al-hambra
    2) The Albaicin & Mirador st. nicholas (it's opposite the al hambra with fantastic views) but GO IN A GROUP or hire a cab. Apparently Albaicin is not a place you wanna walk especially in the dark and even in the daytime.
    3) Granada's cathedral - Bodies of the Spanish Catholic Emperor & his wife are there with some of their historical stuff. watch out for the gypsy ladies hanging around that area though.
    4) It's in Dec - Try some Turron (their dessert delicacy) and their ever famous Iberico Ham (Jamon de Iberico / Pata Negra)
    Hua Hee tu hou la...Happy can liao

14 days to cover these 4 countries are quite tough i think. In terms of street scenes, these 3 countries are developed countries so you will pretty much see similar things to SG, so not fantastic for photography. Landscape, you probably need to go to outskirts, especially for France and Italy. My recommendation is to cover 1 or 2 countries max, and spend more time. If go Spain, Madrid and Barcelona will need at least about 1 week already. Italy itself can be a 2 week vacation... so think carefully first.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    My recommendation is to cover 1 or 2 countries max, and spend more time. If go Spain, Madrid and Barcelona will need at least about 1 week already. Italy itself can be a 2 week vacation... so think carefully first.

You might try to focus just Northern part of Italy (Cinque Terre, Milan, Venice) to save time.

But I think TS is enjoying his/her vacation now. Hopefully won't get stranded due to the heavy snow.
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com