Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: teleconverter for a40?

  1. #1

    Default teleconverter for a40?

    what teleconverter can i get for my canon a40? what should i look for in a teleconverter? how much zoom can it give? thinking of getting one sometime soon... need more zoom. hehe

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    hehe..
    more zoom eh....
    i currently have a 3rd party 2.7x teleconvertor.

    maybe u can drop by CP or something to veiw the teleconvertors...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Canon has a 2.4X teleconverter designed for the A40, the model number is TC-DC52.

    The following are the Japanese ans US websites featuring this item:

    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/PSA40/PSA40_5-e.html

    http://www.canoncompanystore.com/cgi...tCategory=1090

    If the US link does not show the item, just do a search for the part number.

    The price in US is about US$129.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by roygoh
    Canon has a 2.4X teleconverter designed for the A40, the model number is TC-DC52.

    The following are the Japanese ans US websites featuring this item:

    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/PSA40/PSA40_5-e.html

    http://www.canoncompanystore.com/cgi...tCategory=1090

    If the US link does not show the item, just do a search for the part number.

    The price in US is about US$129.
    roygoh,
    what u mentioned is the original telconvertor by canon..

    why restrict yourself to canon?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Stated on your signature

    Amateur photographer armed with an A40. Ready & waiting. Canon A40 rocks!


    You may refer to the following for reply by Canon with regard to the Teleconverter http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...&threadid=7276

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Originally posted by lefei

    roygoh,
    what u mentioned is the original telconvertor by canon..

    why restrict yourself to canon?
    Just a suggestion. Not a restriction. I know there are many other choices out there, and blizzy did not specifically ask for third-party or original teleconvertors. The choice is his.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by roygoh


    Just a suggestion. Not a restriction. I know there are many other choices out there, and blizzy did not specifically ask for third-party or original teleconvertors. The choice is his.
    haha..ok...sorry if i sounded too harsh, roygoh...
    no offence..

  8. #8

    Default

    hmm... the canon TC is 2.4X... is that the real zoom or is it like 1.xX ? so wat 3rd party TC should i consider?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Originally posted by lefei

    haha..ok...sorry if i sounded too harsh, roygoh...
    no offence..
    non taken...
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Originally posted by blizzy
    hmm... the canon TC is 2.4X... is that the real zoom or is it like 1.xX ? so wat 3rd party TC should i consider?
    Not sure. The TC-DC52 is quite new in the market, so I have not seen any comments or comparisons posted on other forums yet. I do know that this converter has a rather small rear element. That means that it will most likely work only at full zoom without vignetting.

    That in turn imply that your combined available focal lengths are not continuous from 35~252mm (assuming the coversion ration is indeed 2.4X). You get your 35~105mm without the converter, and then a limited range at 252mm. You will not get 150mm focal range because of vignetting.

    If you can still get your hands on an Olympus B300, then that might be another worthwhile alternative. The conversion is 1.7X, and you should get a larger zoom range without vignetting.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

  11. #11

    Default

    how much is this Olympus B300 ? the 1.7x zoom range is actual?

    anyone know where i can get the teleconverter for canon a40? tc d52 or something... cathay dont have it.. does AP have?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by blizzy
    how much is this Olympus B300 ? the 1.7x zoom range is actual?

    anyone know where i can get the teleconverter for canon a40? tc d52 or something... cathay dont have it.. does AP have?
    it's actual.

    you might want to try out the Olympus C-210 1.9x teleconverter. It's fairly cheap at $70.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza


    it's actual.

    you might want to try out the Olympus C-210 1.9x teleconverter. It's fairly cheap at $70.
    reasonably priced....

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by lefei

    reasonably priced....
    a potential problem is vignetting. so try it out before you buy.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza


    a potential problem is vignetting. so try it out before you buy.
    quite true...a common problem teleconvertors

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    307

    Default

    wats vignetting?

    is a teleconvertor a good alternative to super zoom??

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by currahee
    wats vignetting?

    is a teleconvertor a good alternative to super zoom??
    it's not good but it's usually the only reasonably cheap alternative
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by currahee
    wats vignetting?

    is a teleconvertor a good alternative to super zoom??
    vignetting is distortion or dark rings at the edge of the photo

    teleconvertor is not a good alternative to in-built zoom, but rather a cheap alternative. if possible, get a cam with in-built zoom

  19. #19

    Default

    lefei... wats the teleconvertor ur using? 2.7x?

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North East of SG
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Originally posted by blizzy
    lefei... wats the teleconvertor ur using? 2.7x?
    Stein Zeinser 2.7x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •