Thread: Epson digital rangefinder

Deregistered

Default Epson digital rangefinder

Cribbed from dpreview:

"The Japanese IT news website Impress PC Watch has today posted a hands-on article with Epson's unique and unusual R-D1 rangefinder digital camera. This camera is a joint development between Epson and Cosina, it supports Leica M and L mount lenses and features a six megapixel APS size CCD sensor. The R-D1 was first revealed by Epson at PMA (behind glass), more detail and a full press release was published later. This new article (published in Japanese) is a hands-on with the R-D1 and contains a set of (fairly average) samples taken with the camera in combination with a range of different prime lenses."

Link to Jappo Webby

Anyone who can read Japanese tell me what's going on there?

Another digital classic to watch, Leica M9.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Another digital classic to watch, Leica M9.
    Leica will not launch digital rangefinder this way. They would launch a digital back for its existing M-series rangefinders, it would capture a bigger market-share this way (since there are many M-series camera since 1954!).
    They already had Digilux 1 & 2 on the market liao and I dun think they will launch something like M9. (Besides, I think the design of the Leica M-series cannot be further improve somehow, it is the best design ever!)