Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Rock Scape

  1. #1
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Rock Scape

    Rock Scape



    1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    - Geometry in composition, leading lines and elements

    2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    - A good composition with the different elements, example, clouds, big rocks, small rocks, the leading lines.

    3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    - Day time, cloudy and hot, low tide for me to move closer.

    4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    - There are a few elements that can capture the eyes and leading lines to the horizon on the right. The big rocks under the clouds keep the eye in the centre of the frame but it will also lead to the horizon on the right. From bottom to top frame, another way of leading through the frame. The scattered small rocks also lead to the same horizon. It seems to me that all leads to the same side of the horizon.So maybe Im a bit confuse.
    __________________

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rock Scape

    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    - There are a few elements that can capture the eyes and leading lines to the horizon on the right. The big rocks under the clouds keep the eye in the centre of the frame but it will also lead to the horizon on the right. From bottom to top frame, another way of leading through the frame. The scattered small rocks also lead to the same horizon. It seems to me that all leads to the same side of the horizon.So maybe Im a bit confuse.
    __________________
    The problem is that the line of rocks at the bottom-right lead the viewer to the right edge of the photo- and at the same time, the big rocks on the left, by virtue of their size and lack of depth, draw the viewer's eyes to them. End result is that it is quite incoherent.

    The rocks on the left-hand side also clash with the trees in the horizon as well- I don't think that helps either.

    Hope this helps,
    AC
    Olympian

  3. #3
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Rock Scape

    Hi Manita

    I do not like this picture very much. It looks a little messy. The small rocks on the bottom and right actually distracts me. The 4 big rocks are kind of overlapping also makes it a little messy. And I can't say I like the lighting too much.

    One minor thing, the horizon seems a little tilted to the right.

    A better composition might be to just concentrate on the 4 small rocks.letting it lead to the horizon

  4. #4
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Rock Scape

    Quote Originally Posted by candycaine View Post
    The problem is that the line of rocks at the bottom-right lead the viewer to the right edge of the photo- and at the same time, the big rocks on the left, by virtue of their size and lack of depth, draw the viewer's eyes to them. End result is that it is quite incoherent.

    The rocks on the left-hand side also clash with the trees in the horizon as well- I don't think that helps either.

    Hope this helps,
    AC
    Hi AC, Thanks for the C&C. Have not heard from you for quite awhile now. Yes for this shot and I have mention in my thoughts is that I am confuse with the elements and the lines. Of course your comments will help me alot as to what the viewer will think. Thanks so much.

  5. #5
    Senior Member MGohzxc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,300

    Default Re: Rock Scape

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Hi Manita

    I do not like this picture very much. It looks a little messy. The small rocks on the bottom and right actually distracts me. The 4 big rocks are kind of overlapping also makes it a little messy. And I can't say I like the lighting too much.

    One minor thing, the horizon seems a little tilted to the right.

    A better composition might be to just concentrate on the 4 small rocks.letting it lead to the horizon
    Hello Uncle Albert, Sorry for this late reply. Just came back from my dance class.
    Thanks for the C&C and your thoughts for this shot. Oh yes the horizon is also tilted.
    For this shot I also say that I am confuse because i spend quite along time taking too many rock shots and it was a very hot afternoon. I also did not put it in my thread and I need the critiques for it. Your comments will help me. Thanks so much.

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Rock Scape

    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    Hello Uncle Albert, Sorry for this late reply. Just came back from my dance class.
    Thanks for the C&C and your thoughts for this shot. Oh yes the horizon is also tilted.
    For this shot I also say that I am confuse because i spend quite along time taking too many rock shots and it was a very hot afternoon. I also did not put it in my thread and I need the critiques for it. Your comments will help me. Thanks so much.
    It happens to all of us. When I get hot, sweaty and tired, I also shoot crap.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Rock Scape

    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    Hi AC, Thanks for the C&C. Have not heard from you for quite awhile now. Yes for this shot and I have mention in my thoughts is that I am confuse with the elements and the lines. Of course your comments will help me alot as to what the viewer will think. Thanks so much.

    Have been super busy with exams! Haven't touched my camera for months, except for today- went for a short shoot that got disrupted by rain...
    Olympian

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •