Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FOUND - A camera bag c/w body & lens at TP Main bus stop/Tampines~7pm on 22Nov2010

Default Re: FOUND - A camera bag c/w body & lens at TP Main bus stop/Tampines~7pm on 22Nov201

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I wonder what will happen if

- finder sell off found items
    - owner makes police report
    - police found buyer who bought lost items in CS BnS

who is at fault and what is their liabilities?

(a) finder, for selling found items
    (b) buyer, for buying deemed "stolen" items
    (c) CS, for providing the platform for this item to be sold
    (d) no case at all, cos owner lost item. Item is not stolen.
    A more amusing case would be if he sells it to the owner...
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    ya.. best if it's a 5D mark II with a 24-70 2.8..

in that case i can save my parent's money
    I thought that Canon users generally don't like Canon's 24-70 f2.8? Seldom see it around anyway, I see mostly 24-105...

Default Re: FOUND - A camera bag c/w body & lens at TP Main bus stop/Tampines~7pm on 22Nov201

Good deed TS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post

I thought that Canon users generally don't like Canon's 24-70 f2.8? Seldom see it around anyway, I see mostly 24-105...
    have you ever heard a saying " One man's meat is another man's poison " ?????
    Think fast, aim for the best !

not true... this lens owns... provided u know how to handle it.

u see the 24-105 mostly in B/S i think..

Edit: Oops forgot to mention. Thumbs up for TS honesty
    Last edited by takafan; 23rd November 2010 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michellelee View Post
    A camera bag was left behind at the TP main bus stop (Tampines Avenue 1).
    It could either belong to a student or a member of the public.
    Please PM me if you are the one.

Mods - I couldn't find a relevant section in CS for this notice.
    wah, this dude so carelss. and michelle, you are very honest.
    Objection !!!

Michelle, marry me.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Wow ! SO honest ? If I found it I will definitely sell it off ..
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper0104 View Post
    so dishonest..why must u do tis to others right??
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    i am surprised that there is such a dishonest idiot in our photography community
    Dont take it so seriously lah.. he is making the forum more interesting...

take it easy...!

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Michelle, marry me.
    ..U there.. dont take advantage..!

Wow ! SO honest ? If I found it I will definitely sell it off ..

Kudos for at least being honest enough to admit your greed. Most wouldn't even go that far.

Really ............. if really found these items, surely the correct procedure is pass to police .... and not come CS and look for owner , owner will also report police and not report to CS
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

I think people are dishonest for saying Michelle is kind and honest in the forum where some of them were thinking in their heart... "arrr ****.!!! Why isn't me who picked up the bag???!!!'"
    Think fast, aim for the best !

I think people are dishonest for saying Michelle is kind and honest in the forum where some of them were thinking in their heart... "arrr ****.!!! Why isn't me who picked up the bag???!!!'"
    You are courting controversy. Com'on, not everyone so "gian" about cameras. And even if I find one, I will also pass to the police. I have what I need. I don't need to keep things that are not mine.

I know that you are being honest on your own greed, thus, I'm not trying flame you or anything. However, it is not right to ASSUME what others are thinking. You do not know us in person. ASSUME will only make an "ASS out of U & ME". (Mods, I'm sorry if this truthful description is inapproriate and do feel free to remove if needed.)

I respect your honesty and I hope you respect our well thoughts as well. What Michelle did is truly good and many of us agree with her method of handling cases like this. That is all to it.

ya.. best if it's a 5D mark II with a 24-70 2.8..

in that case i can save my parent's money
    Boy, I think you have some mental problems ....

Michelle has already mentioned that the owner is likely to be a student (i am sure the images are mostly students or school related).

Imagine, if you use your parent's hard-earned money to buy this cam, and you carelessly left them at the bus-stop, and someone found it and sold them away.
    How do you feel? How do you tell your parents?

You are young and already you are having dishonest thoughts, I feel so sorry for you
    always the Light, .... always.

Wa I cannot imagine how my parents will react if I lost my camera bag with everything inside especially if they forked out everything that's inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    ..U there.. dont take advantage..!
    You mean "Don't take my advantage"

So is there a happy ending to this story?

* not that kind of happy ending if you know what I mean *
    Last edited by MRSAMO; 24th November 2010 at 03:29 PM.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

What the TS did here is commendable, but I (and I think the rest of the people here) will never really know what we would do if we found one. We can go on and on about how we would turn it to the police and everything, but that's just holding the moral high ground, or pretending to. For now, I would say that if I found a camera bag with the stuff inside, I will turn it to the police because it is the right thing to do. But if it really happens, I will never know what I would do.

It's like saying how you would defend SG in the time of a war. If it really happens, I don't think everyone would keep their word. Many more factors are involved than just keeping to morals, things are not so straightforward.

What the TS did here is commendable, but I (and I think the rest of the people here) will never really know what we would do if we found one. We can go on and on about how we would turn it to the police and everything, but that's just holding the moral high ground, or pretending to. For now, I would say that if I found a camera bag with the stuff inside, I will turn it to the police because it is the right thing to do. But if it really happens, I will never know what I would do.

It's like saying how you would defend SG in the time of a war. If it really happens, I don't think everyone would keep their word. Many more factors are involved than just keeping to morals, things are not so straightforward.
    yeah... agree with you...
    I hope I can do the right thing if such a situation happens to me.

Greed is a diificult thing to overcome. How many people said they wouldn't set foot in any of the IRs, and to this day have lost at least as much as an entry-level DSLR?
    Exploring! :)

for TS. Good deed ! Owner found ?

Well ...What goes around comes around ,right ?

Well done !!
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast