Thread: Visiting Melbourne: Good used camera shops?

Default Visiting Melbourne: Good used camera shops?

Hello all,

I'll be popping down Melbourne for a break. Also, I'm bring my hassy equip down for either largeformat or contax645. Anybody knows where I can find good used camera shops? Also, anyone knows good places to eat?

Regards
    Wesley

there is a couple of them right inside CBD, much like SG's peninsula plaza, i will try to see if i can get the exact address, food wise it would have to be chinatown, a food court at target centre has got pretty decent chinese food, also try out the viet beef noodles. will get back to u later in the day

Quote Originally Posted by wesley
    Hello all,

I'll be popping down Melbourne for a break. Also, I'm bring my hassy equip down for either largeformat or contax645. Anybody knows where I can find good used camera shops? Also, anyone knows good places to eat?

Regards
    Wesley

Try Camera Exchange on Lonsdale St. Look for Jo or Dave and said its Kit's recommendation. See if they can still remember me. Don't count on the price being cheaper than in Singapore though. It most probably won't be. They do have one of the most comprehensive medium and large format cameras in town.

Then there's Michael's at the junction of Lonsdale and Elizabeth St. Good selection of used stuff but mostly 35mm. Other major camera shops include Camera House, Ted's and Photobee. All located along Elizabeth St.

Food......... Italian - Lygon St. Greek - Lonsdale St. Chinese - Chinatown(Little Bourke St.) Steak - Squire's Loft in the city or Toorak. Great restaurants at South gate and Docklands area too.

seems like i can save myself the trouble (thanks kit!)

prices is indeed much higher than in SG, but hey no choice when you've got no choice aye?

Must go here:

To eat this:

It's along Lygon Street. They have i think 50+ flavours to choose from, it's simply so colorful and cheap too!

hey Wes, as I last knew, Melbourne was the 2nd biggest Greek City in the world after Athens. Maybe greek food is a must-try eh.

BTW, I've been reading up again on large format since our last chat. It's bewildering!

Quote Originally Posted by Keltzar
    hey Wes, as I last knew, Melbourne was the 2nd biggest Greek City in the world after Athens. Maybe greek food is a must-try eh.

BTW, I've been reading up again on large format since our last chat. It's bewildering!

Er, Melbourne is not a Greek city. It probably have the second largest Greek population in the world after Athen if that's what you meant.

yeah but I'm quoting a line from an australian tourism brochure i used to have.

hi all,

thanks for the info and the pictures! got the info down and will visit camera exchange.

best
    wes