Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [GRbenji #01] Night Macro @ Mandai Trail 26 Nov 2010 (Discussions)

Default Re: [GRbenji #01] Night Macro @ Mandai Trail 26 Nov 2010 (Discussions)

Quote Originally Posted by tishfire View Post
    hmm, looks like have to go for a shooting to know how it to do it. thanks for sharing, no flash light, maybe have to go buy one or dig for 1 in my store, but it will be a big one

so jacobs, how much u got urs for?
    Flashlight With 2nos spare CR123A lithium battery & Charger --> S$ 105.00
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

i'm using this one
    http://www.uwimaging.com/sola600p.html

Should be wide enough coverage.. hehe
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

wow, the flash light, some high tech stuff here.....

thanks for sharing
    Tih

Sorry for asking, i do find this a big problem, I've been there once, and had this problem, where is the carpark? Im sure some of your will drive, but where do u guys park?
    Tih

Sorry for asking, i do find this a big problem, I've been there once, and had this problem, where is the carpark? Im sure some of your will drive, but where do u guys park?
    Refer to my post #10..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Hi tishfire, I've updated the map in the outing thread.

sorry, i have over look the post and missed it, thanks for pointing out jacobs
    thanks GRbenji
    Tih

Think i will just stick around with bros with POWDERful light

>$100 for torchlight tsk tsk tsk

It is pitch dark once inside the track. do not venture alone into the bushes.

Search light = Strong LED torch = 1Watt ~ 3Watt LED torch light which uses 1 single CREE led (runs on 3x AAA batteries). Can buy them in Sim Lim tower for around 20 plus~35 plus bucks.

Focusing light = smaller led light. Can mount or strap to camera lens or hoods or bracket or diffuser. Flexible adjustable angle so that you adjust light to point to where subject is situated to aid in focusing.

Be safe and have fun in your shooting.
    D810-Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro |Raynox DCR-250
    David

Quote Originally Posted by yilin View Post
    Think i will just stick around with bros with POWDERful light

>$100 for torchlight tsk tsk tsk
    Hmm, I saw homefix selling 1 cree led call M10 $30 3 AAA batts. I'm also contacting a guy call CATEYE to see his torches, hope can get 1 today else i may need to stick with "bros with POWDERful light" too

Quote Originally Posted by dykat2009 View Post
    It is pitch dark once inside the track. do not venture alone into the bushes.

Search light = Strong LED torch = 1Watt ~ 3Watt LED torch light which uses 1 single CREE led (runs on 3x AAA batteries). Can buy them in Sim Lim tower for around 20 plus~35 plus bucks.

Focusing light = smaller led light. Can mount or strap to camera lens or hoods or bracket or diffuser. Flexible adjustable angle so that you adjust light to point to where subject is situated to aid in focusing.

Be safe and have fun in your shooting.
    Thanks for the info david, later will go search for 1 adjustable angle type
    Tih

Hmm, I saw homefix selling 1 cree led call M10 $30 3 AAA batts. I'm also contacting a guy call CATEYE to see his torches, hope can get 1 today else i may need to stick with "bros with POWDERful light" too
    It's good BBB for the flashlight from Cateye..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

This rain is freaking me out.... tomorrow hopefully nothing goes wrong
    Tih

Bro Koh - What a pity cannot join your group for the night macro. Hope next time you or Jacobs can organize a whatever night of the week except Friday night, then I can join.
    The LED light for focusing can do like what Spencer (nic - Spen) and his brother Loh (Nic - Doyobi) did. They bought LED strips at SIM LIM and DIY the LED on the front of the lens and it cost less than $20.00. They showed us during the AP macro session on Aug 8. Can PM them for details.
    Cheers and happy shooting.
    LEW

Thanks Uncle LEW for the information !
    Will see the setup tomorrow from the rest , too late to do DIY now,

Hope to see you in next outing

Quote Originally Posted by SHLEW View Post
    Bro Koh - What a pity cannot join your group for the night macro. Hope next time you or Jacobs can organize a whatever night of the week except Friday night, then I can join.
    The LED light for focusing can do like what Spencer (nic - Spen) and his brother Loh (Nic - Doyobi) did. They bought LED strips at SIM LIM and DIY the LED on the front of the lens and it cost less than $20.00. They showed us during the AP macro session on Aug 8. Can PM them for details.
    Cheers and happy shooting.
    LEW

Quote Originally Posted by SHLEW View Post
    Hi Lew, will keep in mind. You have a great weekend. Cheers.

sorry i couldn't join you guys on Friday.. work was.. crazy to say the least. how did it go? any good shots to share?
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    sorry i couldn't join you guys on Friday.. work was.. crazy to say the least. how did it go? any good shots to share?
    No worry John. At last we met at RYC today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12