Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can true friends be found at the workplace?

Default Re: can true friends be found at the workplace?

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    I have been to various jobs:

Civil service - no competition for promotion, easy going, just wait for your time for promotion. Friends are just ordinary friends.

Company that was down-sizing - far too many staff. Boss dunno who to axe. It was a minefield. No friends, only enemy everywhere. I managed to scoot and find another job fast enough.

Stagnant company - very routine, very structured, each one got his own role to play, not expecting any promotion or rather, there ain't any corporate ladder to climb. Just get your job done. Good place to be at when you're just a few years before retirement. Found a few good friends here, both male and female.

I guess it depends very much on the environment, on the ambiance in your office.
    Weird, I experienced something opposite from yours.

When company down-sizing, meaning the company's condition is very bad. Everyone suffered. From that suffering, bonds are built.

At civil service, there are competitions actually. In fact, more politics. From that pool of politics, where's the friendship?
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    what do you think?
    not sure about true friends.

But I found quickie partner on my previous workplace
    More worth it than true friends

interesting topic. yes u can make good friends along the way even in your workspace. However sometimes due to politics from colleagues or management makes it harder to know whether the person is trustworthy or true to you. by saying that, true friends can still be found, provided your own behavior and character are good at people eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    not sure about true friends.

But I found quickie partner on my previous workplace
    More worth it than true friends
    holy moly...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123