Thread: Pan Foto & Electronics @ Far East Plaza

Default Pan Foto & Electronics @ Far East Plaza

Anyone has experience with this shop called Pan foto?? Apparently their camera prices are quite low but I am worried about their reputation. Please advise!

Default Re: Pan Foto & Electronics @ Far East Plaza

No experience with this shop, but you may want to share how "low" is the price that you mentioned...

If their price is really low, e.g 5DII going for $2700 or below or $1800 or below for 7D, I will say just go for it. Just ensure that it is a brand new set though....if it is Canon cameras, not much to worry because they are all made in Japan. However if you low is like only less than $100 difference from the street prices, then don't bother.

Just my thoughts.

Careful with bait and switch tactics. Many use very low price to attract and then say no stock and suggested other brands/models. So zooming on the model in mind and never weaver.
    Last edited by GRbenji; 22nd November 2010 at 04:54 PM.

I agree with GRbenji, i don't really like to buy thing in Far East Plaze, alot of copper with big blade
    Better to go funan it mall
    Love insects Macro Photography本杰明 More Pctures at my Blog at bennieHsu

Also do note whether the prices include GST too!
    Canon 5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 24-70L | 70-200L II | 50 f/1.4 USM | 580EXII |

Quote Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
    No experience with this shop, but you may want to share how "low" is the price that you mentioned...

If their price is really low, e.g 5DII going for $2700 or below or $1800 or below for 7D, I will say just go for it. Just ensure that it is a brand new set though....if it is Canon cameras, not much to worry because they are all made in Japan. However if you low is like only less than $100 difference from the street prices, then don't bother.

Just my thoughts.
    Go for the low price? haven't u experience or heard about the lengendary 'tactics' from sim lim sq?

Price quoted might be for grey sets too
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

u can actually shop at any camera shop, as long as you know

-prices quoted are with gst
    -sets are local sets and not grey
    -u know the current street prices for what u seek
    - how to avoid getting suckered into their sale tactics
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

And please ask whether it includes the cables, battery,charger etc before buying! Sometime this kind of shop would tell you that the price does not include these items and you have to pay for them separately!
    7D w/ 70-300mm/50mm1.8/70-200F4L/17-50mm F2.8

Quote Originally Posted by jed091270 View Post
    And please ask whether it includes the cables, battery,charger etc before buying! Sometime this kind of shop would tell you that the price does not include these items and you have to pay for them separately!
    Yep, really joker shops who claim that charger is not included. The box has a list of items that must be in. The price for the camera kit is always including all items listed as content of the box. Of course, they can top up with additional items for the same price
    EOS

Blog Entries

And one thing above all else...

Check everything in the set you are actually buying BEFORE handing over any money. And once you hand over money, keep an eye on your set and never let it leave your sight.

If asked to pay before testing or seeing anything, walk away.

thanks everyone for ur replies. I was just browsing around the area, so didn't spend too much time checking out the cameras. im actually looking for the Canon G12, and the shop was selling it for $690, is that considered cheap?? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Dixinsyc View Post
    thanks everyone for ur replies. I was just browsing around the area, so didn't spend too much time checking out the cameras. im actually looking for the Canon G12, and the shop was selling it for $690, is that considered cheap?? =/
    Yeah, though bargaincity tosses in a lot of extra stuff:

http://www.bargaincity.com.sg/digita...=6&sort=2a

Best to call up some of the shops listed in the priceguides section and ask.
    Alpha

Better go to those recommended shops such as Cathy Photo, MS Colour, John 3:16, etc to buy with a safe mind.

For main items like Camera body, lens and tripods, I never stray from the few reputable shops.
    Small items like lens cap, I will purchase from any other shops that offers a good price
    Better be safe then sorry, want to spend $$$ and be happy.
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    Go for the low price? haven't u experience or heard about the lengendary 'tactics' from sim lim sq?
    Bro, dun worry...I think I more ah Beng than them....if really got very low price, I make sure it is really what they claim... What's the worst that can happen?? Walk away whistling lor...let them suck thumb...
    Last edited by wolfton; 23rd November 2010 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
    Bro, dun worry...I think I more ah Beng than them....if really got very low price, I make sure it is really what they claim... What's the worst that can happen?? Walk away whistling lor...let them suck thumb...
    3 cheers to your fighting spirit!
    'Fools rush in where angels fear to thread'
    Mine full name-Betta Macrostoma
    Can call me Betta.

Quote Originally Posted by betta01 View Post
    3 cheers to your fighting spirit!
    'Fools rush in where angels fear to thread'
    Haha, don't get me wrong, me already middle age already....I dun mean like what we have been seeing in the papers in recent weeks....

what I mean is sometimes when you happen to be at these shops, since most of us in clubsnap are quite well informed of what we should be getting when buying gears, we shouldn't be afraid to check it out if the price is real cheap. If they are just pure conman, we can always walk away with "flair". That's what I like about being in Singapore..... In other country better don't