Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Student version CS3 Extended?

Default Re: Student version CS3 Extended?

Quote Originally Posted by zeisszf View Post
    Sorry guys for replying late as i was busy with my friend's wedding. Thanks guys for the wonderful knowledge & wisdom. Wow raydio, u seem like an Adobe expert man haha..ur comment is indeed deep,i need to digest it.

Addendum to previous question :
    PC No.1 is Windows XP SP3 & PC No.2 is Windows 7. PC No.1 & No.2 using CS5 but ONLY PC No.1 goes to the internet for Live update on CS5. So is it still safe on PC No.2?(This PC is solely for CS5 only,nothing else, & won't surf net with this PC)
    uhhh iirc, to register your copy of cs5 you need to connect to the internet and activate, or else you can only use it for 30 days.
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

gosh...looks like i've NO choice..

Quote Originally Posted by deathrequiem View Post
    uhhh iirc, to register your copy of cs5 you need to connect to the internet and activate, or else you can only use it for 30 days.
    gosh...looks like i've NO choice..
    Has Adobe done away with phone activation?

Regardless, being connected to the internet has its advantages.... automatic updates to Adobe products are conveniently available via an internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    Has Adobe done away with phone activation?

Regardless, being connected to the internet has its advantages.... automatic updates to Adobe products are conveniently available via an internet connection.
    from their webpage:
    ADOBE® CREATIVE SUITE® 4, 5, AND OTHER RECENT RELEASES OF ADOBE SOFTWARE

You don’t have to take any action to activate your software. Activation happens in the background as soon as the software detects an Internet connection.

CREATIVE SUITE 3 AND EARLIER VERSIONS AS WELL AS OLDER VERSIONS OF ADOBE SOFTWARE

You activate by phone or the Internet. For more information, see Activation and deactivation.

anyway, i interpreted his question as him wanting to install 2 copies of the same serial key on 2 different computers.
    Flickr

found this. it might be helpful:

So, in general, how many systems can you install Adobe software on, including CS5? The answer for individuals (as opposed to businesses) in most cases is two. The catch is that both computers must be used only by you and the two systems cannot be used at the same time. This policy was designed so that you could run (say) Creative Suite at home on your desktop PC, as well as while travelling with your laptop.

i suggest TS install on both of his computers, then connect his Pc No. 2 to the internet to activate it, and then disconnect it from the internet since you mention that it does not need an internet connection. this way, you will never be using 2 copies at the same time

or rather, they will never know
    Last edited by deathrequiem; 1st December 2010 at 08:35 AM.
    Flickr

Thanks so much deathrequiem. I'm a little uncertain what u mean by "i suggest TS install on both of his computers,...." ?? Install on both PCs right? But i also need to activate on 1st PC then how? Won't Adobe knows tht i activate twice?...

Forgot to add...both PCs are going to be used by the same person

Thanks so much deathrequiem. I'm a little uncertain what u mean by "i suggest TS install on both of his computers,...." ?? Install on both PCs right? But i also need to activate on 1st PC then how? Won't Adobe knows tht i activate twice?...
    Forgot to add...both PCs are going to be used by the same person
    Each single license or copy of Adobe software is allowed two installations/activations.

ohh really? Wow, tht's cool. I'm delighted now hoho!! Thanks raydio.

ohh really? Wow, tht's cool. I'm delighted now hoho!! Thanks raydio.
    You're welcome. But be aware that Adobe has given its permission to allow us two separate installations but require us to use them uniquely. In other words, we are not to use them at the same time.

This is to facilitate, an individual who has a desktop installation but wants to bring Photoshop on the road with him/her, and so will bring their laptop loaded with Photoshop. As long as one does not use both installations of PhotoShop at the same time, then Adobe is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    You're welcome. But be aware that Adobe has given its permission to allow us two separate installations but require us to use them uniquely. In other words, we are not to use them at the same time.

This is to facilitate, an individual who has a desktop installation but wants to bring Photoshop on the road with him/her, and so will bring their laptop loaded with Photoshop. As long as one does not use both installations of PhotoShop at the same time, then Adobe is happy.
    TS one computer never gonna be connected to internet so no one will know
    Flickr

Thanks once again raydio & deathrequiem. Just curious, can i install it in PC2 in a few months time as PC2 hardwares are nt ready yet? In another words, will Adobe allow me to delay my activation on PC2?

Thanks once again raydio & deathrequiem. Just curious, can i install it in PC2 in a few months time as PC2 hardwares are nt ready yet? In another words, will Adobe allow me to delay my activation on PC2?
    Absolutely. You can install it on your 2nd PC at any time.... no time limit.

Wow..don't know about tht, smtg new for me. Thank u very much raydio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12